Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Bachmann’s own political director claims she lied about Ron Paul defection

Lightbulb Bachmann Key Aide’s Statement on Sen. Kent Sorenson Defection

Bachmann Key Aide’s Statement on Sen. Kent Sorenson Defection

Bachmann Iowa political director Wes Enos fires back at Mrs. Bachmann’s claim that Sen. Sorenson’s desertion was financially-motivated

ANKENY, Iowa – U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann’s Iowa political director Wes Enos recently made enlightening comments concerning Iowa State Sen. Kent Sorenson’s defection to the Ron Paul camp from his position as Iowa Chairman for the Minnesota congresswoman’s campaign for the presidency.

Hours ago, Sen. Sorenson resigned from his post with the Bachmann camp and publicly endorsed Ron Paul for the presidency, committing to get out the vote for the 12-term Congressman from Texas in the pivotal first-in-nation voting contest.

Mr. Enos made his comments in response to unfounded allegations that Sen. Sorenson’s defection was made due to financial incentives made by the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign. Mr. Enos’s comments on the matter follow, and are presented in full:

“I won’t say much about the situation or the conflicting statements beyond this; I can say unequivocally that Kent Sorenson’s decision was, in no way financially motivated. His decision had more to do with the fact that the Ron Paul supporters have been something of a family to him since he was first elected in 2008 and here in the end, as it becomes more and more apparent that the caucus cycle is coming to an end, Kent believed that he needed to be with them as they stand on the cusp of a potential caucus upset. While I personally disagree with Kent’s decision, and plan to stay with Michele Bachmann because I truly believe in her, I cannot, in good conscious watch a good man like Kent Sorenson be attacked as a 'sell-out' ….That is simply not the case, and it was not the basis of his decision,” said Mr. Enos.

SOURCE:
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/12/2...son-defection/
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 12-29-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WTH is this crazy circus? Is Wes going to get fired as well now? Or is this Michelle's way of apologizing to us?

Professional Neo-con catcher ™

WOWOW! Extremely damaging to Bachmann's claim.

This is the dagger to Michelle Bachmann's campaign. In the words of Haw Harrelson, "This ball game is OVAAAA."
    Last edited by jer4liberty; 12-29-2011 at 01:14 AM.

I believe this is her "Mark Block" moment
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Well that's it she's done. Say the guy was bribed, and then one of your politcal directors has to correct the record for you. Bye Michelle, thx for coming.

Wait, so Bachmann's own aide is saying she lied?

This is gettin crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    LOL

Professional Neo-con catcher ™

So is the campaign attacking Bachmann because a) they want to knock her out and think her voters will caucus for Paul or b) they want to give more attention to Bachmann to prevent a potential Santorum surge.

Seems like a risky move this late in the game. Have to trust that the campaign has thought all this stuff through.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh my. I like Mr. Enos' integrity.

But this sure hurts Bachmann's campaign more than anything the Paul campaign could have said on the matter.
    Welcome to the USSA.

America, the Doctor will free you now.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    So is the campaign attacking Bachmann because a) they want to knock her out and think her voters will caucus for Paul or b) they want to give more attention to Bachmann to prevent a potential Santorum surge.

Seems like a risky move this late in the game. Have to trust that the campaign has thought all this stuff through.
    This isn't our campaign. This is MICHELLE BACHMANN'S OWN AIDE!!!!!

What attack? I don't see an attack. I see a press release by Bachmann's people reported by the Paul campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by jer4liberty View Post
    This isn't our campaign. This is MICHELLE BACHMANN'S OWN AIDE!!!!!
    But this whole thing was orchestrated by our campaign. Getting Sorenson to publicly endorse RP, the press releases, etc. The campaign is very much involved here.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    I do not want her votes going to Santorum. Limp along, Michele, we'll carry your books....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

But this whole thing was orchestrated by our campaign. Getting Sorenson to publicly endorse RP, the press releases, etc. The campaign is very much involved here.
    But it's not an ATTACK.

rofl this is just too good to be true.

So Michele's tendency to lie every time she makes a statement is coming back to hurt her now?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pawlenty
    Cain
    Gingrich
    Bachmann

Whose next?

Rand Paul 2016

Nope. The RP campaign had no idea that Sorenson was going to switch, yes they tried to get him, but this was months and months and months ago. Sorenson switched on his own, the campaign had nothing to do with it until about 30 minutes before Ron's rally. There is zero risk here.

And what are you talking about??? Ron Paul's campaign hasn't released ANYTHING on Sorenson's switch yet. http://www.ronpaul2012.com/category/press-release/

Why lie?

Bachmann said he had told her personally Ron's campaign had offered money. That is obviously a LIE. People do change backing people, and Ron's campaign had fully expected Sorenson to back Ron initially. Once Ron was in the real race and MB pretty much out, it was what it was. He clearly wanted to add clout to the conservative he could help push over the edge.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 12-29-2011 at 01:43 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

This election cycle has been totally surreal and just gets weirder by the day! So entertaining....and inspirational!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    Doctor Paul has cracked the internet codes; he runs these tubes.

Interesting...

There's a lot of threads to this, a lot behind the scenes stuff we may never get a complete picture of. We've heard about persons asking for money for endorsements (VanderPlaats). We know Bachmann's campaign basically running on bake sale money and not paying people. We've learned about an effort to get Bachmann to drop out. A simple message: "Hey, if Bachmann drops out come work for us, and we'll actually pay you," could be interpreted maliciously as offering a bribe from an angry campaign. Perhaps there was a staff division about continuing on and Sorenson was on the losing end. Obviously a lot of people in the Bachmann camp there are pretty distraught at this and area ready to lash out (just imagine how we would feel). Bachmann wants to keep going obviously but if she finishes below 10 percent can she really campaign in South Carolina with a straight face? For most politicans no but as we've seen Bachmann has a way interpreting reality to suit her own ends, or give her peace of mind or encouragement, or explain events, which I think is what's happening in this case.

Bachmann has been known to blow things out of proportion before (as we all know).

So this is nothing new.

This is great. The media loves to jump on Michelle Bachmann, and will use the opportunity to bother to talk about how Sorenson endorsed Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    Interesting...

There's a lot of threads to this, a lot behind the scenes stuff we may never get a complete picture of. We've heard about persons asking for money for endorsements (VanderPlaats). We know Bachmann's campaign basically running on bake sale money and not paying people. We've learned about an effort to get Bachmann to drop out. A simple message: "Hey, if Bachmann drops out come work for us, and we'll actually pay you," could be interpreted maliciously as offering a bribe from an angry campaign. Perhaps there was a staff division about continuing on and Sorenson was on the losing end. Obviously a lot of people in the Bachmann camp there are pretty distraught at this and area ready to lash out (just imagine how we would feel). Bachmann wants to keep going obviously but if she finishes below 10 percent can she really campaign in South Carolina with a straight face? For most politicans no but as we've seen Bachmann has a way interpreting reality to suit her own ends, or give her peace of mind or encouragement, or explain events, which I think is what's happening in this case.
    I thought it might be something like that but Benton says he isn't being paid at all.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wow....bachmanns campaign is imploding. Is there a link to this?
    Last edited by blocks; 12-29-2011 at 01:32 AM.

You know what's funny about all this? If Bachmann said "I wish him best of luck", the bigger story would have been Bachmann sinking.

Now that this has blown up, there will be more interviews with Sorenson, who now supports Paul. We'll get great publicity from this whole thing! All thanks to Bachmann!

I guess I'll be the 1st to ask, Link?

WOW. This looks terrible for Bachmann!

Quote Originally Posted by mavtek View Post
    I guess I'll be the 1st to ask, Link?
    yeah, wondered the same. Source?
    W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast