Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Digital Billboards up and running in Des Moines through Jan. 3rd!

Ron Paul Digital Billboards up and running in Des Moines through Jan. 3rd!

After weeks of planning and $3000 in donations working through AdamT and friends with RevPAC, three digital billboards in Des Moines will be displaying a series of different Ron Paul ads running from now through and including January 3rd.

They are a thing of beauty! The ads display approximately every (Edit: 47) seconds for 8 seconds each. Also running is one that says Cut $1 Trillion in Year One. More texts will be displayed in the coming days.

It all started here : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...es-Moines-Iowa

The billboards are located across from Merle Hay Mall, one of the busiest in the state, and along I-80 and I-235 as you enter Des Moines. I'll be taking some better daytime pics of all three locations tomorrow.

Press release goes out tomorrow, hope we get some additional coverage from that!

Thanks to all the donors and everyone that helped make them possible. Let's win Iowa!

Video

As you can see below, these billboards are easily visible from perhaps 1/4 mile away. The design pops off the landscape.

I tried to get pics for along the interstate for those on I-80 and I-235, but a State Trooper kindly moved me on my way before I could get a shot. So I got creative with my zoom lens, talked to the Clear Channel billboard guys who happened to be on the access road, and the let me down to get a pic of one of them. The other one worked out well from the overpass, showing the traffic along the interstate.

Again, there are three of these billboards running simultaneously.

Please ignore the color issues, that is just a result of the digital display interacting with the camera. They are all running perfectly!!

Last edited by Bruno; 12-30-2011 at 10:41 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Suhweeet!
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

The ads display approximately every 64 seconds for 8 seconds each.
    could you clarify this? 64 many different messages ?

good work looks great!

Woot!!!

Iowa is making me very happy tonight!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Nice..great job guys

Professional Neo-con catcher ™

Quote Originally Posted by Fermli View Post
    could you clarify this? 64 many different messages ?

good work looks great!
    sorry for the confusion. There are number of different ads for different companies that cycle through. The Ron Paul ads show up approximately every 64 seconds, and the ad freezes for 8 seconds before the next one displays (Burger King, etc.) Then 64 seconds later, the Ron Paul ad displays again with one of five different text messages.

But we can change the messages as much as we want, it is as simple as an email to the contacts at Clear Channel.

Have an idea for text? Keep it under 9 words and display here for AdamT to see.

Today I was thinking "End the status quo. Begin the Revolution!"
    Last edited by Bruno; 12-28-2011 at 01:31 AM.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

I think something about the economy ...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My idea for the text line:

"The only candidate that trusts you."
    Welcome to the USSA.

America, the Doctor will free you now.

Something along the lines of "End foreign welfare, save Social Security for senior citizens." We need to start appealing to the older voters.

Great ideas above, thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    "End the status quo. Begin the Revolution!"
    Great suggestions!

Here's one for young folks: "I was anti-fed before it was cool" (they'll love it)
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Principles over Politics
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    You "guys" have the market cornered on transexual satan worshipping anarchists

"Our Enemy, The State" by Albert Nock. https://famguardian.org/Publications...bertJKnock.pdf

Ron Paul for real change
    Not part of the Status Quo
    The Man, the Myth, The Legend
    Troops support Ron so you should to
    Lower taxes,cut 1 trillion, bring Troops home
    Ron Paul against the mass media
    I'm here to change the course of history

Just a few I thought of. Not sure if you like them or not, but here ya go. Also thanks for the billboard. Will help to get his name out there if people who live in your area have been blinded and not know about him or the election.

great effort !! looks awesome !

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can change the tag line?

Thanks again for the additional suggestions. I am ou to take day pics of all three billboard.
    I had the timing off, it is more often than was quoted, displays every 47 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric21ND View Post
    You can change the tag line?
    Yes, hourly if we wanted to! No additional. We can tailor to current events as they unfold. Pretty cool feature. Can also tweet to the bilboard if we want to use that option.
    Last edited by Bruno; 12-30-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post

I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Badass!

Only choice is Paul. Like him or hate him any other vote is a vote for debt and war.

^
    This would need to be reworded, but it gets the point across that voting for any other candidate is a vote for debt and war.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only one who predicted the financial crisis
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

This looks amazing! Awesome execution on this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post

First I wanted to say how much this billboard KILLS! Great idea and great execution. Do you love Ron Paul's grass roots, or what? Second, I wanted to say to TheViper: I simply LOVE this idea. In fact, this is something that is going to be my new email tagline on every Ron Paul item I send out! "The only candidate that trusts you" GOTTA LOVE IT! So true, too!

thanks for the clarification Bruno.

Quote Originally Posted by hipposelect View Post
    First I wanted to say how much this billboard KILLS! Great idea and great execution. Do you love Ron Paul's grass roots, or what? Second, I wanted to say to TheViper: I simply LOVE this idea. In fact, this is something that is going to be my new email tagline on every Ron Paul item I send out! "The only candidate that trusts you" GOTTA LOVE IT! So true, too!
    Thank you and welcome back!

bump for daytime pics in the OP of all three billboard locations

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast