Thread: Ron Paul and Goldman Sachs

Ron Paul and Goldman Sachs

Hello.
    I've said to someone that Ron Paul is the anti-lobby candidate and he answered me that Goldman Sachs employees donated millions of dollars to Ron Paul's campaign 2008. Lloyd Blankfein is a friend of him and many of Lloyd Blankfein ex employees are now member of Paul's staff.
    Is it true ? What should I answer ?.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't find any evidence of a link between Blankfein and Paul. You can google the two names together and see if anything turns up. Of course, employees of a firm are allowed to donate to any candidate they want, just like you and me. In fact, I would imagine employees and especially ex-employees of a financial firm might have a pretty good idea of what's going wrong in our system, and want to see it fixed.

Ron Paul's position has been consistent. On September 10, 2003, he gave a speech to Congress saying that the then current government policies encouraged lending to people who couldn't pay the money back, and he predicted that this would lead to a bailout, and he introduced a bill to abolish these policies. To find the video of his speech, google “ron paul 2003 housing bubble”. He has consistently opposed bailouts to the financial industry. He wants to stop the source of cheap money that enriches the financial industry, which is the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is the source of the huge profits that the financial elite use to pay their lobbyists and fund their big campaign contributions.

Goldman didn't give Ron millions, and I found nothing about Blankfein and Ron being friends.

Your friend sounds like a DailyKos liberal and is reading from his script. Tell him to look up his donation record on opensecrets.org, which will show him that Ron Paul received $3,251 dollars total from four employees of Goldman Sachs, with Blankfein not among them.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/se...K&amt=a&sort=A

This cycle shows one donor, a retired Goldman Sachs employee, who donated $2,500:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/se...K&amt=a&sort=A
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 12-26-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Glad I could help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism