Thread: Romney in the lead in Iowa??

Romney in the lead in Iowa??

Whats with this new Rasmussen poll that has Romney in the lead by 5% in Iowa???

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravik View Post
    Whats with this new Rasmussen poll that has Romney in the lead by 5% in Iowa???
    For some reason Rasmussen always low-balls Paul by ~4 points giver or take 2 or 3 as compared to other polls. I seem to recall Rasmussen doing the same in 2008, where Paul always outperformed Rasmussen predictions at the actual voting booth by 3-4 points too. I'm guessing it's something about Rasmussen's methodology that tends to exclude Paulers.

You had me worried with that title. It's not any big deal. Rasmussen has always polled Ron lower than the other polls. They have a very tight screen for "likely voters." They only poll people who have voted in previous caucuses. So basically, Ron is getting 20% of the vote of people who have voted in previous caucuses. But when you add new voters on to that total, Ron's numbers will be quite a bit higher.

It's not that new, it's a week old. I think it was already talked about.

Rasmussen has always had a bias and underpolls Ron compared to other polls. Plus I learned long ago not to take their polls at face value, especially in R vs D races where they constantly overpoll the Republican candidate.

Rasmussen is a propagandist. You need at least one fake poll in order to commit vote fraud. Then the pundits can point to that poll and say "look. it isn't fraud".

5% Bias rule by FOX NEWS Corp pollster Scott Rasmussen.

Roger Ailes sees to it that Scott Rasmussen is rewarded well for "Steering the Public".

...Just like Ailes' other public manipulator, Frank Luntz
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Regardless of any of this, we need to be fighting in Iowa as if we were ten points behind! There are still lots of phone calls to be made in the Phone From Home program, and we need to make sure we can support the "Christmas with Ron Paul" folks in Iowa in any way we can!

Ron went up from their last poll, so his RCP average went up. By RCP average Ron is ahead, but realistically, the margin is so narrow, and Mitt's machine is so efficient, we better not be taking anything for granted.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That poll actually brought Paul's RCP average up higher.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

i hate to tell you guys but ron is not far enough out in front of romney to be considered the clear winner in iowa this far from the vote .
    You are the Universe experiencing itself

Rasmussen can't be used as a trusted poll source. As others have said they're part of the propaganda machine.

Campaign like you're behind in New Hampshire. The NeoCon fascists are pulling out all their heavy guns. With a week to go we need to deploy a counter punch. We have to drop the bomb, its now or never. Let all the world know why we are kicking these fascist NeoCon Progressives out of power and out of the GOP once and for all. Show them that we are an unstoppable stampede and that the sun has set on the era of NeoCon Progressives and the Federal Reserve Mafia.
    Last edited by wowrevolution; 12-25-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    "Here is my advice as we begin the century that will lead to 2081. First, guard the freedom of ideas at all costs. Be alert that dictators have always played on the natural human tendency to blame others and to oversimplify. And don't regard yourself as a guardian of freedom unless you respect and preserve the rights of people you disagree with to free, public, unhampered expression." -Gerard K. O'Neill (space settlement pioneer)