Thread: Anecdotal Evidence: Attacks Aren't Sticking

Anecdotal Evidence: Attacks Aren't Sticking

I'm spending some time with my extended family now and discussing politics. They're generally democrats who watch MSNBC and CNN but they're sympathetic to our cause and very politically aware. To a person, they can't believe that the media is trying to paint Paul as a racist. They're convinced that he isn't and think he must be making headway because such a ridiculous attack is coming. I asked if they thought the media onslaught would hurt Paul and they scoffed. When I asked that question they couldn't believe I even thought it was a possibility.

So there's that. We live here in our echo-chamber, where we're hypersensitive to Paul criticism. It's important to remember that most people aren't like that. With those people, I'm thinking that we're fine. This attacks probably just "hurt" us with people who already hated Ron.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah, i got the same reaction from my true-blue hillary-loving (just because she is a woman) MIL the other day. She laughed at the implications and said she thought it would help him.

Bump for positivity
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by DealzOnWheelz View Post
    Bump for positivity
    I'm not the kind of guy who would post something positive just to post something positive. This is the first time I've had the opportunity to have my a little focus group to discuss the attacks and I figured it would make sense to relay the results. If they were negative, I'd have probably reported them as well.

On some other non-political message boards I go to they are all sympathetic to Ron, even the ones who don't care for him. In fact, this video probably helped too:

Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    I hope so, though there is a lot of anecdotal evidence I've seen the other way on Twitter and article comments. Let's hope those people are those who already hated him and would never have come on board.
    The people on twitter are, for the most part, young people who wouldn't vote anyway, people who would never vote Republican, or hard-core Republican Party Pimps who would never vote for Paul.

These attacks have just further alienated us from people who would never vote for Paul anyway. I would say that the massive chunk of politically aware independents and moderates on both sides are very much in play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    I'm spending some time with my extended family now and discussing politics. They're generally democrats who watch MSNBC and CNN but they're sympathetic to our cause and very politically aware. To a person, they can't believe that the media is trying to paint Paul as a racist. They're convinced that he isn't and think he must be making headway because such a ridiculous attack is coming. I asked if they thought the media onslaught would hurt Paul and they scoffed. When I asked that question they couldn't believe I even thought it was a possibility.

So there's that. We live here in our echo-chamber, where we're hypersensitive to Paul criticism. It's important to remember that most people aren't like that. With those people, I'm thinking that we're fine. This attacks probably just "hurt" us with people who already hated Ron.
    +Rep.
    echo-chamber, yeah, that's about it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see this as Paul's version of Pastor Jeremiah Wright. Yeah it reflects poorly on him, and yes this will be tofu for far left Janeane Garofalo types who believe all Republicans are racists, but it doesn't reinforce any existing negative impression independents have of him.

The newsletters are a small political burden to carry compared with what the other candidates have.