Thread: More "Newsletter" Libel from NY Daily News. Pathetic attempt.

More "Newsletter" Libel from NY Daily News. Pathetic attempt.

LOOK AT THIS HEADLINE:

Video surfaces of Ron Paul talking about racist newsletters in 1995, far earlier than he said he knew about them
    h ttp://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/video-surfaces-ron-paul-talking-racist-newsletters-1995-earlier-knew-article-1.995876

That's how it reads on the site. NY Daily News is now claiming that they have the smoking gun: Ron Paul mentioned the "racist" newsletter during a 1995 newsletter.

The only problem with their theory is that in the video provided with the article, all he does is say how the newsletter is about monetary policy, etc. He does not address anything race related. To me this is further proof that he DIDN'T KNOW about any questionable material being written in some of the articles. This is pathetic.

EDIT: UPDATE:

Also here's another gem, and it looks like they're spinning this one hard: Allegedly a "direct mail" went out to promote the infamous newsletter in 1993, and it makes mention of an "upcoming race war", and a "federal homosexual cover-up". Not sure what to make of it, but it's not the best allegation to leave unanswered this close to IA.

FROM TPM
    h ttp://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/ron-paul-direct-mail-warned-of-race-war-federal-homosexual-cover-up-on-aids.php

What the hell is this one all about? First I've heard of it.
    Last edited by jct74; 12-23-2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: break link for negative articles

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am probably one of the few people on this board who thinks this could kill his campaign. I made a thread about it 2 months ago and people were infuriated at me for suggesting this, even going far enough to negative rep me for bringing light to the issue. People who are blame the 'corrupt media' for bringing these newsletters to light are living in a dream world if they don't think this will have devastating consequences if left unanswered or answered poorly.

Well, I think it's important to address it. The campaign needs to handle this type of garbage appropriately.

I hope it gets swept under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by zerosdontcount View Post
    I am probably one of the few people on this board who thinks this could kill his campaign. I made a thread about it 2 months ago and people were infuriated at me for suggesting this, even going far enough to negative rep me for bringing light to the issue. People who are blame the 'corrupt media' for bringing these newsletters to light are living in a dream world if they don't think this will have devastating consequences if left unanswered or answered poorly.
    They are just in severe denial and don't understand how average people think. The newsletter issue will limit the ability to reach new people and reaching new people is the only way to win.

that c-span video from 1995 is the lamest freaking smoking gun I've ever seen. it doesn't contradict anything he's ever said about the newsletters.

make sure you vote in the poll

Quote Originally Posted by gb13 View Post
    Well, I think it's important to address it. The campaign needs to handle this type of garbage appropriately.

I hope it gets swept under the rug.
    You can't sweep it under the rug, anti-racism is like America's State religion and Americans have been trained like dogs to flee from and to avoid anyone tagged as a "racist" by the media.
    Last edited by Todd38; 12-23-2011 at 11:16 AM.

What you hear is the sound of dying corporatosaurs who are soon to go extinct...

Just smile and keep up the good work.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    zerosdontcount
    it was easy to shrug off until the video. I'm seeing a lot more people on facebook and other sites really going after him on this now. Red State, Hot Air, and Free Republic have gone full attack mode on Dr. Paul. We need some talking points on the video, fast.

zerosdontcount, another poster here with sharp eyes noticed that the writer of the newsletter picks up and reads GQ.

doctor ron paul is not a GQ reader and in an old interview he did not relate the magazine to anything in his personal life.

many of us think the actual writer of the newsletters left quiet clues as to his habits imbedded inside the inflamatory prose.