Thread: Gary Johnson for senate?

Gary Johnson for senate?

I hate to ever say anything nice about the sleazebags at redstate but they have a post up about how Gary Johnson should run for senate in NM.

I think it's good to have Johnson running under the LP banner as a Plan B of sorts, but I wonder, might that not be a bad idea? Sure would be nice for Rand to have some more company up on the hill...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He has said multiple times that he isn't interested; that he's an "executive", not a legislator.
    Last edited by gls; 12-22-2011 at 12:11 AM.

PeacePlan

I have had enough of him and will never support him ever.

yeah because our other senators are doing such a great job....

He'd be put to better use in the Senate than running a 3rd party. He'd be better than 98 other senators, so I don't see any reason why not to support him.

I would love for him to run for something NM related. Sadly, he thinks he should run for a US position instead. I like Johnson. He is very pro liberty and good on most issues. However, he is just average at public speaking. Ron Paul is great above average (though, clearly, not on the same level as Gingrich.) Before Johnson runs for national or even executive office again, I recommend he improve his public speaking skills.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 12-24-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I'd like to see him and Rand co-sponsoring bills in the Senate. Instead, it looks like he's going to do a quixotic bid for the presidency on the Libertarian Party's ticket. I like him, too, but Ron Paul is currently the candidate of the liberty movement and he'd be better off waiting in the figurative wings for 2016/20. The senate would give him national visibility and some time to read Mises.
    "Remember when the US had a drug problem and then we declared a War on Drugs, and now you can't buy drugs anymore?"

"Government is an institution which prevents injustice other than such as it commits itself." -Ibn Khaldūn (1332-1406)

"Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt." -Herbert Hoover, 1936

I don't know what he's trying to prove with this presidential run. He could actually win a senate seat. He has good favorability in his home state seems to also fundraise well there.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.