Thread: Time to get some gold/silver?

PeacePlan

Time to get some gold/silver?

I have not seen such bearishness for a few years - so I expect it is now a good time to buy. What do others think?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post
    I have not seen such bearishness for a few years - so I expect it is now a good time to buy. What do others think?
    I am calling the coin shop tomorrow and comparing them with apmex... a purchase will be made.

Looks like a go to me, buy the bottoms and accumulate.

Last edited by Mogambo Guru; 12-19-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    BWAAAahahahahaha

(aka, the fabled Mogambo Laugh Of Anger, Outrage And Scorn (MLOAOAS))

***FYI, I am not The Real Mogambo Guru (TRMG)***

PeacePlan

Yes that is what I also see is a gift sitting there to take. I will do some shopping also...

The Bull market is still intact BUT there are some warning signs such as:

1)Breaking beneath the 200 day SMA for the first time since late 2008

2)Dollar ripping upwards

3)LIBOR-OIS spread continuing to widen

4)Silver weekly charts looking uber bearish

I wouldn't buy Gold right now for trading purposes...but for long term investing, you could start scaling in...

Myself...I'm sitting on the sidelines anticipating lower prices...we'll see
    Last edited by QE Is Theft; 12-20-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QE Is Theft View Post
    The Bull market is still intact BUT there are some warning signs such as:

1)Breaking beneath the 200 day SMA for the first time since late 2008

2)Dollar ripping upwards

3)OIS-LIBOR spread continuing to widen

4)Silver weekly charts looking uber bearish

I wouldn't buy Gold right now for trading purposes...but for long term investing, you could start scaling in...

Myself...I'm sitting on the sidelines anticipating lower prices...we'll see
    The signs of the next step in the currency war... More easing by the US.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...y-Jim-Rickards
    BWAAAahahahahaha

(aka, the fabled Mogambo Laugh Of Anger, Outrage And Scorn (MLOAOAS))

***FYI, I am not The Real Mogambo Guru (TRMG)***

PeacePlan

Good feedback - I think I will buy only half now and see how it pans out. I have been watching this for years and have not seen it more bearish than now. I have to at least follow that old Wall street saying "buy when there is blood in the streets".

Well, who knows what the central planners will do....but if I was Ben Shalom and wanted a real recovery...I'd let a little deflation take place first, which would bring oil prices (which are KILLING any chance for a recovery) down....

I agree QE, I see a little more downside for PM's ahead but this is not a bad place to add more.

If oil were closer to 80 WTI/90 BRENT id be more bullish on close stimulus.

Id say end of q1/q2 next takeoff in metals, but 28 spot silver isn't bad.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PeacePlan

Quote Originally Posted by QE Is Theft View Post
    Well, who knows what the central planners will do....but if I was Ben Shalom and wanted a real recovery...I'd let a little deflation take place first, which would bring oil prices (which are KILLING any chance for a recovery) down....
    I agree with that - any time the economy starts taking off oil prices rise. Problem is they need inflation, just not in oil, but to fix housing. Between a rock and a hard place......

When Ron Paul wins the election, should I sell my gold coins or keep them. I'm torn on the decision. Since people have been buying gold as hedge from inflation & uncertainty, wouldn't people sell their gold because Ron would drastically cut the size of government? Or would it be a good idea to keep the gold since he is a believer of the gold standard & using gold & silver as competing currency?

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    When Ron Paul wins the election, should I sell my gold coins or keep them. I'm torn on the decision. Since people have been buying gold as hedge from inflation & uncertainty, wouldn't people sell their gold because Ron would drastically cut the size of government? Or would it be a good idea to keep the gold since he is a believer of the gold standard & using gold & silver as competing currency?
    A Ron Paul victory might move PM markets, but it would do nothing to make me sell mine, especially given the limits of what any president can do, and the time it takes to do things even if he could. Ron Paul could bring troops home. He could also veto spending bills, and take steps to prevent the Federal debt ceiling from being raised. However, sound(er) fiscal policy would not negate the effects of unsound monetary policies.

Ron Paul may be completely ineffectual at abolishing the Federal Reserve, and he may not be able to do anything to outlaw fractional reserve banking, but if he was able to convince Congress to allow competing currencies, this could at least provide escape mechanisms from the failing dollar.

Regardless what Ron Paul does, I believe we are long past the point where the dollar can be saved. Or even should be. The end game for the dollar won't be pretty, regardless how it ends, and for me that means not selling gold or silver for dollars at any time.

i picked up 2 oz of gold the other day
    my total now at 2 3/4 ounces gold
    155 ounces silver
    I'm still a small time player in the scheme of things , hoping to buy some land with it within 2-3 years or so.

I'm holding off on buying silver right now. Trying to see how low these prices will get.
    Last edited by xFiFtyOnE; 12-20-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    Click here for a free copper round. Every three people you get signed up, you get another free round! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ruffneck View Post
    i picked up 2 oz of gold the other day
    my total now at 2 3/4 ounces gold
    155 ounces silver
    I'm still a small time player in the scheme of things , hoping to buy some land with it within 2-3 years or so.
    I am similar to you, though I have much more in terms of gold stocks in my IRA. Hoping my metal will buy me most of a house in a couple of years.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers