Thread: CA - Oakland cop boat named the Molon Labe?

Exclamation CA - Oakland cop boat named the Molon Labe?

So, what do I take away from that?

It's hard to see in this photo, I'm looking at another angle in WorkBoat magazine that clearly shows the name, but can't find that one online.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Right on the stern.

Moose Delivers Oakland Patrol Boat

Moose Boats, a designer and builder of unique aluminum boats based in Petaluma, has delivered a Moose M2-37 security and patrol vessel to the Oakland Police Department to provide expanded patrol duties at the Port of Oakland in addition to shallow draft response for Oakland’s waterfront.

http://www.baycrossings.com/dispnews.php?id=2645

Moose Boats, a designer and builder of unique aluminum boats based in Petaluma, has delivered a Moose M2-37 security and patrol vessel to the Oakland Police Department to provide expanded patrol duties at the Port of Oakland in addition to shallow draft response for Oakland’s waterfront.

The procurement by the City of Oakland was funded by U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s 2010 Port Security Grant Program. The vessel is stationed at Jack London Square and will provide security patrol for critical infrastructures including the Bay Bridge and Oakland Airport’s perimeter, SWAT interdiction and shallow water emergency response for the greater Bay Area.

The Moose M2-37 is a 37’-6" All-Aluminum Jet Powered Catamaran with twin Cummins 380 hp turbo diesels and is propelled by Hamilton 292 water jets. This vessel can attain a top speed of over 34 knots, cruise at almost 30 knots, come to a full-speed stop in less than two boat lengths and turn on a dime. Its 21" draft will allow all of this to be done in less than three feet of water, which is ideal for its patrol application in the Oakland estuary.

In other Moose news, the company has been awarded a new contract from the New Orleans Fire Department for the construction of a M3-36 Monohull CBRNE Fire Rescue Boat. The M3 is a new product line for Moose Boats and incorporates the builder’s established design and quality reputation in a more compact platform than the M1 and M2 Catamaran Vessels.

The M3-36 is a 36’-6" aluminum monohull powered by twin Yamaha 350 hp four-stroke outboard engines. The vessel will provide New Orleans Fire Department with fire fighting, rescue, dive and security capabilities. The M3-36 will be equipped with a dedicated 1,500 gallon-per-minute fire pump, dual remote control fire monitors, foam capabilities and a positive pressure CBRNE air filtration system. The New Orleans Fire Department vessel will be outfitted with a sophisticated navigation and communications suite, thermal imaging camera and an array of threat detection equipment.

Moose Boats has constructed several fire fighting vessels for many agencies throughout the United States including Tiburon Fire Rescue District and San Francisco Fire Department, Old Saybrook Fire Department in Connecticut, Lewes Fire Department in Delaware, Anne Arundel County in Maryland, Massport Fire/Rescue at Boston Logan Airport and Northport Fire Department in New York.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't know what "Molon Labe" signified until I googled it.
    Maybe a free beatdown accompanied by a complementary prison sentence?
    A vote against Ron Paul is a vote for Obama

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...22#post4013522

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance...it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by 123tim View Post
    I didn't know what "Molon Labe" signified until I googled it.
    Maybe a free beatdown accompanied by a complementary prison sentence?
    And you didnt share what it was? Now I have to google it :P

makes no sense.

they are the ones doing the "taking"... we mundanes would be the ones being taken. and some mundanes would be the ones rendering the words "come and take it".

illogical dumbarses.
    a comprehensive website about critical theory and how it's destroying our civilization: https://newdiscourses.com

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    makes no sense.

they are the ones doing the "taking"... we mundanes would be the ones being taken. and some mundanes would be the ones rendering the words "come and take it".

illogical dumbarses.
    Precisely.

It's like a Homer Simpson threat.

It makes no sense.

Unless...they are expressing that they feel like the hopelessly outnumbered minority facing a sea of us hostile Mundanes.

If so, that is an even greater insight into the siege mentality of most cops these days.

Great way to get yer drugs off the tramp steamers off the coast in a hurry with those specs.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

makes no sense.

illogical dumbarses.
    Once we find out who named the boat, then we can determine the point to that.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Precisely.

It's like a Homer Simpson threat.

It makes no sense.

Unless...they are expressing that they feel like the hopelessly outnumbered minority facing a sea of us hostile Mundanes.

If so, that is an even greater insight into the siege mentality of most cops these days.

wut? "I have not yet begun to fight!" - John Paul Jones
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The procurement by the City of Oakland was funded by U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s...
    The Terror Borg is turning the local police into Nazis with our stolen money.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Great book by the same title.

makes no sense.

illogical dumbarses.
    I think that I must have found an inaccurate definition.... I got "come and get it" instead of "come and take it"
    A vote against Ron Paul is a vote for Obama

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...22#post4013522

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance...it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

The motto ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ is on the emblem of the Greek First Army Corps,[4] and is also the motto of United States Special Operations Command Central (SOCCENT).

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/SOCCENT

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ations_Command

It's something like "Come and take them"

I think that I must have found an inaccurate definition.... I got "come and get it" instead of "come and take it"
    Texas version

Maybe they want to be a floating restaurant?

When someone steals the boat and they try to go to court, since it says on there, is it an official invitation?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

that would be my guess as well...and they call us paranoid. sheesh!
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle