Thread: Were student loans forgiven while I was asleep?

Question Were student loans forgiven while I was asleep?

I got a letter from Sallie Mae today saying that my loans are now paid off, but I thought I had a good while to go on paying them down. Not complaining of course...just curious. I haven't gotten such a letter from Direct Loans yet-we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Weird. Mine is through Sallie Mae but I haven't received a letter.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

*Crossing my fingers*
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If it's an accounting error and they discover it, they will come back after you for the money even if years later.... with accrued interest.

I hacked 'em for ya HB. Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    If it's an accounting error and they discover it, they will come back after you for the money even if years later.... with accrued interest.
    Corporations seem remarkably inept at accounting and common-sense flexibility. Sometimes in my favor, usually not. I'd call them up immediately to tell them they're in error.

I was supposed to pay $50/mo for ISP service after six months. That time came and went. They charged me $50 for one month, increased my bandwidth nearly 2x both ways, then the price dropped back down to $30/mo.

OTOH, I had my water utility changed over from another person's name I was paying on. The month after the change, I accidentally sent the amount my account owed to the old account in the other person's name which should have been closed. They refused to refund or transfer my money to my current account even though my name was on the check. Of course, this was a city "service." -- Now, while that particular corporation wouldn't transfer money because the account names weren't the same (implying the accounts must be totally separate), I previously subleased an apartment, and the cable company refused to reconnect service until I paid the previous tenant's bills, plus late fees, and a reconnection fee. They claimed it was corporate policy that if there was a pending debt owed by someone at the address, they will not service that address again until previous debt is paid. Hell -- I once had a cell phone carrier insist we were liable for my mother-in-law's cell phone service contract, even after we offered to send her death certificate (the corp. later apologized for that and waived us from being bound to the contract).

Then there are other folks' stories.... Amazon once priced a book on Kindle for free due to their faulty algorithm, and refused to pay the author for their mistake because Amazon declared they aren't liable in such a situation in their obtuse wall-of-text ToS agreement. At the same time, Amazon has no problem listing other folks' "publication" of public domain books at $5 or so. Oh -- and try talking to an airline about missing your flight because it took too much time for the TSA to strip you of dignity. At the same time, if an airline misses YOUR schedule because of their delays, there's no chance in Hell you're getting money back.
    Last edited by Kluge; 12-16-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.
    Yet I can't afford $200 to go to a seminar--Matt Collins