Thread: Forbes - Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann Square Off Over a Nuclear Iran

Forbes - Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann Square Off Over a Nuclear Iran

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...-nuclear-iran/

Here is a good article that puts last nights debate into a real sense. Stop listening to fox news...they only people troubled by Ron Paul last night is the last 20% or so of the republican party that loves endless wars and only listens to fox news. People are awake now and we know what is going on.

After 10 years of Iraq it is hard for anyone to not want to examine threats before jumping to a conclusion. No need to be worried about the exchange last night...most people with common sense know we can't jump into another war.
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "This is why I have endorsed Paul as well. I am voting for peace, not war; for restraint, not excess; and for civil liberties, not authoritarianism. In Paul, and in no other candidate save Gary Johnson, I see these qualities. We need leaders who will steer us toward peace and prosperity, not more military adventures in the Middle East."

Some here seem to forget that Paul's anit-war policy is the heart and soul of his platform. It's the reason many of us are here supporting him and the reason he can win.
    Last edited by Tina; 12-16-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Watching these war mongers and the war mongers who love them is tryly a scary sight to behold.. Then 5 minutes later they start chirping about the sanctity of life.. I feel like its watching a bad remake of One Flew over the Cukoos nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    "This is why I have endorsed Paul as well. I am voting for peace, not war; for restraint, not excess; and for civil liberties, not authoritarianism. In Paul, and in no other candidate save Gary Johnson, I see these qualities. We need leaders who will steer us toward peace and prosperity, not more military adventures in the Middle East."

Some here seem to forget that Paul's anit-war policy is the heart and soul of his platform. It's the reason many of us are here supporting him and the reason he can win.
    Exactly! I may be a single issue voter. I want the murder or people via "wars" to end. I will only support candidates who are anti war and strong defense. America could truly be a monster of a nation in terms of strength if we stopped spreading ourselves so thin. And we would command more respect in the world, thus helping trade and business. And we would be much more economically stable if we weren't borrowing trillions to finance these offensive wars.

And a strong defense consists of the American people being armed and able to fend for themselves, with a advanced military using technology to monitor for threats on the border. Submarines patroling the coast, drones surveying the border, its fine, as long as the rights of Americans or the accused are never violated.

Santorum, Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich on some days, Romney on some days, Fox News logic:

1 Million Iraqi Lives << A Conceived Embryo Waiting to Implant

Fantastic article. Very fair.

yea fair is a good word to use lol

neo-cons feel the power slipping away it's so funny to watch.
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.

FYI, this guy endorsed Ron Paul yesterday in another article. He was getting destroyed on Twitter by his Obot followers. He's a real anti-war person. It was amazing watching him explain his position and having the liberal attack him with stuff like "how can you support someone that hates poor people"?. His answers were great "How can you support someone that hates poor people in other nations?".

I had to come to his defense.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The "exchange" last night is on Fox Nation and they are talking about it on Fox News last night.

I am seeing a lot of people do the same: Call Paul names, etc.

We must get articles such as these out into the open. Send them to your email lists and through Facebook, a.s.a.p.

Fox just played the clip and said he has "very strong isolationist views".

Quote Originally Posted by Forty Twice View Post
    1 Million Iraqi Lives << A Conceived Embryo Waiting to Implant
    How can we make this into a meme?

“The CIA has explained it to us. It said they come here and they want to do us harm because we are bombing them! What is the whole world about the drone being in Iran? And we’re begging and pleading and how are we going to start a war to get the drone back? Why were we flying a drone over Iran? Why do we have to bomb so many countries?"

You know, I can understand why Ron Paul comes off as being a crazy uncle. When I see his words in text, it's very difficult to make sense of it. Fortunately, I understand what he's saying, and I also understand how it feels to be up in public trying to explain complex situations in a very short period of time. You mix up your words, start a new sentence without finishing the other all in an effort to try to give as full of an explanation as you possibly can.

I love this man, but dumbing down his philosophy for the sake of simplicity is not one of his talents.

EDIT: One of the best interviews I've seen him do is an hour and a half long, and he explained a great deal of his beliefs in a very concise manner.
    Last edited by Jerkface; 12-16-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Smile

thank you for phrasing so well. We cannot continue to allow our children to be used and be killed in these endless wars that achieve nothing except getting this country bankrupt. We must stand up for our youths.

I just want to back up my post with some action.

Amount: $100.00
    Transaction ID: XX6386204
    Transaction date/time: 2011-12-16 15:29:26
    Last edited by Kimmie; 12-16-2011 at 03:33 PM.