Thread: What will Fox News attack Ron Paul on tonight?

Question What will Fox News attack Ron Paul on tonight?

Tonight's debate is the Fox News debate. Those debates have always been open attacks against Ron Paul.

Which way do you think they will go this time?

Last time, the big Fox debate came with the question of "Electability, do you have any sir?"
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Regardless of how he's attacked, he doesn't really have any baggage. Plus, he always turns his attacker's question into a supportive comment on the importance of liberty.

See how he answered that question last time. Hit a damn grand slam.

Hannity made it pretty clear yesterday that the newsletters are going to come up during this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Disconsolate View Post
    Regardless of how he's attacked, he doesn't really have any baggage. Plus, he always turns his attacker's question into a supportive comment on the importance of liberty.

See how he answered that question last time. Hit a damn grand slam.
    I agree, Ron Paul will do just fine for any question they give them.

Just curious of what angle they may take. From their news shows today they may try to make it seem like he cannot beat Obama in the general election.

He should turn that around and say that the fact that he is close to beating all of the other Republicans and the fact that those Republicans have very few real differences from Obama, that he will be able to beat Obama as well.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Newsletters, 9/11, drugs, war of terror, etc.

I'm hoping that the campaign has developed some pithy responses that we haven't heard yet.

Isn't Neal Cavuto the moderator? I'm sure someone else will pick the questions, but I am sure he will do his best to deliver them in a noninsulting way.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Newsletters, 9/11, drugs, war of terror, etc.

I'm hoping that the campaign has developed some pithy responses that we haven't heard yet.
    If by 9/11 you mean 'glee', he explained that quite well, and could use the opportunity to say it again to a wider audience. As for war on terror, just GIVE Ron an opportunity to discuss indefinite detention of American citizens within the US boundaries, without trial or recourse to a court. Please. As for newsletters, Ron wasn't in the management of that, only wrote a few articles, was practicing medicine at the time, and his patients during that time period, of all races and religions and poverty levels, from whom he would not accept medicare or medicaid but whom he never failed to treat for lack of ability to pay -- are his best character reference.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Isn't Neal Cavuto the moderator? I'm sure someone else will pick the questions, but I am sure he will do his best to deliver them in a noninsulting way.
    He is one of many asking questions tonight.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chris Wallace: Congressman Paul, since you wrote some despicable racist newsletters in the past and oppose the Civil Rights movement, how do you expect to maintain your composure in a national election running against a man you clearly hate because of the color of his skin?

I don't know how a moderator brings up the newsletters or 9/11 without looking a fool. The newsletters issue isn't really an issue at all(he didn't write them)... and the 9/11 comments are completely accurate.

I don't think the newsletters will come up. Ron dealt with them last go around, they're really a non-issue, and if Ron gets the chance to slap them down again, he will. Therefore the newsletters won't come up and the smear artists will continue to push them, because they've got nothing.

If anything comes up it'll be:

"Congressman, due to the fact that you called the Bush administration gleeful about 9/11, that you blame America for 9/11, that you want Iran to get nuclear weapons so that they can nuke Israel and kill 6 million Jews, and that your isolationism, which allowed the Nazis to rise to power, will lead to the destruction of this country at the hands of radical militant Islamic jihadists, why do you hate America? You have 30 seconds to respond."

You know, fair and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Chris Wallace: Congressman Paul, since you wrote some despicable racist newsletters in the past and oppose the Civil Rights movement, how do you expect to maintain your composure in a national election running against a man you clearly hate because of the color of his skin?
    Paul: I didn't write any such none-sense and you should be ashamed of yourself for wanting to waste American's time on a non-issue -- I want to talk about how we can get Americans back to work, bring our brave young men and women home from these destructive wars, and restore liberties to the American people! (loud applause)

Chris Wallace: Are you denying that these News Letters exist or that they were published under your name?

Paul: Are you denying the American people the chance to watch a real debate among candidates vying for the presidency?

Chris Wallace: Are you racist, sir?

Paul: Absolutely not, it's impossible for a Libertarian to be racist because we see people as important individuals, not in groups.

Chris Wallace: Then why do you so clearly hate black people as well as Jews?

Paul: ... *strangles Wallace*
    O.B.A.M.A. = One Big Ass Mistake, America

Chris Wallace: Congressman Paul, since you opposed the killings of Osama Bin Laden and Anwar Al-Awlaki and value their input regarding our foreign policy, what Cabinet positions would you offer them as President of the United States, and would other areas of the government, along with our military, also take orders from Al-Qaeda?