Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Amazing New Video to Convert People that Like Ron Paul Except for his Foreign Policy

WOW! Amazing New Video to Convert People that Like Ron Paul Except for his Foreign Policy

I just watched this video because it was posted on the front page of the Daily Paul and it's absolutely amazing! Not only is it edited brilliantly, but it's an educational tool to convert the people that like Ron Paul except for his foreign policy. What it does is it provides some backstory about blowback and the Middle East first, then (my favorite part) it seamlessly connects terrorist events like 9/11 with Ron Paul explaining blowback, then it features how the troops support Ron Paul monetarily, and because he's the only one running that really understands foreign policy. Here is somebody that might better explain why it's effective in converting people...

The brilliance of this video is that it presents some background that most people probably don't know or haven't thought about with regard to U.S./Iran, U.S./Iraq and U.S./Bin Laden history, and THEN shows Ron Paul making his controversial statements that are based on that background. This gives Paul's words context and meaning that they cannot possibly have for someone who is not familiar with that background.

Already on the Daily Paul, there have been success stories posted because of this video. Here are some of the responses from people that didn't support Ron Paul because of his foreign policy that were affected by this video...

Sucess Stories:

After 4 long years of trying to convert a Neo-Con here at work ... 4 long years of making painstakingly slow marginal progress ... 4 long years of being called a kook and a nutjob ... 4 long years of banging my head against the wall - this video finally sealed it!!! He got done with it and asked me immediately for two bumper stickers. This vid is definitely a game changer! Thank you so much Sean. We are winning!
    This is one self-proclaimed conservative's reaction to seeing this video after I posted it on Facebook. He had written off Ron Paul because of his foreign policy views. But after I urged him to watch this video, he reposted it on his wall with this comment.

"OK people. No I haven't lost it. This is the latest campaign video for Ron Paul. It really is so well done, that you'll be scratching your head wondering why you blew this guy off.

The best way to get you to take it seriously is to say, watch this if you like most of what Ron Paul is about, except for his foreign policy ideas.

Now, I still have questions, like "What does he intend to do about national security if he wants to strip our military down so much?" - At least now, I care to know his answer. I really had written him off as a wacko to be honest here.

Now I want to know more. It's kind of nice to know there's something else out there besides the Check-pants country club Republicans, and Carl Marx's grandson.

Check it out. Full Screen, headphones or speakers, and 720p if you have that capability."

GAME CHANGER INDEED!!!
    A friend of a friend who is a Rush conservative had this reaction after watching it:

"That was extremly well done. I'm a little embarrassed to say it but F*k it, I just turned 50, I had tears at some points of that video. VERY well done. Probably the best campaign video I've seen, not just this year, but EVER!
    This doesn't mean I just converted.
    It does mean that I'm that much closer.
    This will be shared with every political mind that I know, you can be sure of that.
    There should be an emmy category for these, now that they are mini-stories. New category? Ministories?
    Anyway. I'm very impressed. I can see now why you were so eager to share that. You have a lot to crow about today/tonight.
    Well done to whomever made this.
    One word summation. - WOW"
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 12-22-2011 at 03:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They think it is a campaign video, which it is not. The video is so high quality that I don't think it matters/

The video is simply amazing, the newest edit is by far the best. SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Upvote @ Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comm...gn_policy_the/
    Last edited by ronpaulyourmom; 12-14-2011 at 12:11 PM.

The testimonials are very encouraging. Now if they only realized that RP grassroots has been making videos like that and better for years... maybe they'll watch more

Post your success stories and I'll list them in the first post. Get your family and friends to watch it as well as strangers.

AWESOME video! One thing, though. It may convert some people, but many others will just bring up Iran and the bomb. I wish the guy who made this would make a video covering the Iran situation to assure them that they have nothing to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigik View Post
    AWESOME video! One thing, though. It may convert some people, but many others will just bring up Iran and the bomb. I wish the guy who made this would make a video covering the Iran situation to assure them that they have nothing to fear.
    At least it puts it into perspective. Amerika started messing with Iran first and they have never apologized for toppling a democracy and promoting a dictatorship.

Some people will deny this history, but those who are searching for truth in their lives will accept the US is partly to blame for terrorism against her. You can't hit a wasps nest and not expect to be stung.

Amazing video... wish I had people to share this with, I'm busy converting the Dems since I don't know any neocons.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent video, going to show it to my mother!

Is this the first thread on this video? I'm trying to find the first thread.

Outstanding video! If not too late, here a few suggestions that may add a little more persuasion and understanding:

1. The fact that he served in the military

2. The photo of him sitting with Reagan with Reagan's stating "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."

3. Him mentioning in one of the debates where he contrasts Iran to the Soviets who had 40,000 nukes, an army, navy and air force.

4. Explaining that you go to war by a congressional declaration of war, you fight it, you win it and then you come home.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonwinters View Post
    Outstanding video! If not too late, here a few suggestions that may add a little more persuasion and understanding:

1. The fact that he served in the military

2. The photo of him sitting with Reagan with Reagan's stating "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."

3. Him mentioning in one of the debates where he contrasts Iran to the Soviets who had 40,000 nukes, an army, navy and air force.

4. Explaining that you go to war by a congressional declaration of war, you fight it, you win it and then you come home.
    All are excellent suggestions. I can't imagine it would be too late to put those things in the video but even if they don't it is an amazing video that will hopefully change a lot of minds.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

That's an absolutely awesome video.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Just sent the link to a coworker who says "Ron Paul's foreign policy is the same as Obama" LOLOL

Let's see if he watches it
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Just sent the link to a coworker who says "Ron Paul's foreign policy is the same as Obama" LOLOL

Let's see if he watches it
    Uh, hasn't your coworker noticed that Obama has started a few wars of his own? Obama's foreign policy is actually much more like Dubya's.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Uh, hasn't your coworker noticed that Obama has started a few wars of his own? Obama's foreign policy is actually much more like Dubya's.
    I think he's like a lot of conservative-leaning folks that don't pay much attention to politics. They hear the media soundbites dismissing Ron and his "wacky" foreign policy. This video is a deal-changer for people like that, IMO.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

This was amazing!!!

I often share videos on FB and may send a link in an email now and then, but this one is different. This one gets its own e-mail with the video embedded. It gets follow-up e-mails to make sure everyone watches it. And it gets mentions of the the moneybomb and giving people a chance to contribute to restoring America.

I may even buy a tablet to take this video door-to-door! This was awesome! Thanks!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Just noticed at 12:43 the young daughter of the U.S. soldier in school was wearing a shirt with a large peace sign !

I don't know if the 9/11 footage is so good, though...some people have a really visceral reaction to that. Yes, they should have such a reaction, but it could turn them off to the video.

15 minutes that could change history - right here!

If we could get Rush or Hannity to watch this, do you think they may feel some sense of disturbance for what they're doing?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Just amazing! Wonderful video. Thank you.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Can you guys tweet the video to them?

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    I don't know if the 9/11 footage is so good, though...some people have a really visceral reaction to that. Yes, they should have such a reaction, but it could turn them off to the video.
    I agree. If you're skeptical about 9/11, that's one thing. But conservatives that buy the party/govt explanation and US response might get seriously pissed off seeing those images.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Iran part is pretty good. I only wish the video would explain that Mossadegh was head of a secular democracy. Iran has a theocracy now because of our actions. They could have been a free people!
    Last edited by kylejack; 12-14-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Nice to see a slightly shorter version of the video jumping to Ron Paul earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I agree. If you're skeptical about 9/11, that's one thing. But conservatives that buy the party/govt explanation and US response might get seriously pissed off seeing those images.
    Or some way to hint at it just by showing the undestroyed buildings. That's a heart-tugging image without having to show one of the most ultra-violent things ever captured on camera.

The real emotional pay-off is the kids with soldier parents coming home at the end. Makes it personal for every single person who's ever hugged their child or grandchild. But somebody may never get to that point in the video if they write the whole thing off as liberal pacifism in the first two minutes.

7:00 in the video, Newt Gingrich:

"covert operations ... including taking out their scientists..."

So, it is completely OK to send assassins into another country to kill civilians...!? This man is EVIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Galtic View Post
    7:00 in the video, Newt Gingrich:

"covert operations ... including taking out their scientists..."
    To all conservative Christians - Jesus must be loving this!

I'm a grown man and consider myself to be very stoic. But I must tell you, I teared up during part of this video. I believe it will create a visceral reaction to a good percentage of viewers. This is incredible.

Now to get it in front of as many eyes as possible.

Don't complain about the length. Don't complain about the images. They add up. This is an amazing tool we have been given. USE IT! Send this out in e-mails. Like it, share it on FB. Run up the view count. Drudge it. Do whatever it takes, but get people to watch it. Beg your loved ones to spend less than 15 minutes because they love you. Let's go people, we are getting close!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast