Thread: Only 300 people have maxed out to Ron Paul

Only 300 people have maxed out to Ron Paul

http://www.nolanchart.com/article916...atch-2007.html

As it turns out, surprisingly few have maxxed out their contributions. According to the website infowebstorm.com quoting Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton, "Paul is not pulling in large-dollar donations – just 300 people have given him the maximum of $2,500 this year. But he’s also not appealing to the types who write big checks. On average, Paul’s 110,000 contributors – that’s the largest donor base of any GOP presidential candidate — have given about $110 each."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not sure how they come up with their totals, but I checked my name and they only counted donations over $200. All the smaller amounts do not show up and there have been plenty of those...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

So CA, are you saying that people might have reached their total, except they didn't do it all at once, so it only looks like they haven't maxed out?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

this proves that we don´t even need to reach new people to make tea party 11 succesfull!
    KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

Yea - just think if a 110,000 people were to donate $100 each this week.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmicwag View Post
    Yea - just think if a 110,000 people were to donate $100 each this week.
    i hope we can contact half of those! please people HELP!

So if we can contact 1/2 of the 110,000 and get $100 from them, and then contact the other 500,000 or so that don't donate and get another $10 or so from 1/2 of them... That puts us at $8 Million.

Take-away from this? Spread the word!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I donated like $50 or $100 in total. I don't have much money to give in general, but I give what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Not sure how they come up with their totals, but I checked my name and they only counted donations over $200. All the smaller amounts do not show up and there have been plenty of those...

Same here. The number reporting is running WAY behind. I didn't see any 4th quarter contribution reporting at all on any of the election info sites like OpenSecrets.org or others.

I'm maxed out, but a big chuck of my donations were sent in October/November and this month.

I'm guessing if anything, the problem is the opposite of what the story is saying. I'm guessing a lot of Ron Paul's '07-'08 supporters maxed out early, and the problem with the donations dropping off is due to a lack of NEW donors....

Just wondering, y'know.

Coming Friday, will you join 300 other liberty lovers and max out?

Is there any easy way aside from rooting around my email history for receipts, to see how much I've already donated? I'd hate to go over the limit and cause more work (time and money) from the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    So CA, are you saying that people might have reached their total, except they didn't do it all at once, so it only looks like they haven't maxed out?
    True. I'm a bit concerned also that many people may have maxed out without knowing it. Many times I've given under $200 and I don't see any of these listed on opensecrets. I've also noted that whenever you buy something from the ronpaul2012.org store, you get a receipt for a "donation". Do store purchases also count towards your total???
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Do store purchases also count towards your total???
    Yes.

True. I'm a bit concerned also that many people may have maxed out without knowing it. Many times I've given under $200 and I don't see any of these listed on opensecrets. I've also noted that whenever you buy something from the ronpaul2012.org store, you get a receipt for a "donation". Do store purchases also count towards your total???
    I wish someone coiuld give a definitive answer on this and how it works. I've given large sums to the 2012 RP campaign on numerous occasions. But when I check opensecrets, it comes up with a big fat ZILCH. If opensecrets is unreliable, is there some other source to calculate one's total? Unfortunately, my own records are pretty poor and I long ago lost track.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

BUMP!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingles View Post
    I think I donated like $50 or $100 in total. I don't have much money to give in general, but I give what I can.
    And thats the main point. People are strapped.

The next best thing is to make phone calls. Please help.

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/faq.php

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    I wish someone coiuld give a definitive answer on this and how it works. I've given large sums to the 2012 RP campaign on numerous occasions. But when I check opensecrets, it comes up with a big fat ZILCH. If opensecrets is unreliable, is there some other source to calculate one's total? Unfortunately, my own records are pretty poor and I long ago lost track.
    Same with me on opensecrets. The only way I know I've maxed is because of my debit receipts.

Do store purchases also count towards your total???
    Yes.

I have given 400 total this year. I don't know how I am going to do more than 50 this time around. Some of you crazy people are willing to max out your credit card, and pay forever interest on your student loans. I respect that. I think it is awesome. But I won't. I wont sacrifice my future for the only man trying to save it. There are a lot more like me. We will always give whatever we can afford to give.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Best one I've found is actually from the Huffington Post:

http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php

They get their info from Aristotle.com: http://www.aristotle.com/content/view/419/191/ but that's a paid service if you want to use it privately.... And even this service is showing less than half my contributions. I just don't think fourth quarter has been tallied and reported yet.

Anyone know if there's an easy way for the campaign to look this up?

I've given over $600 and I can't find myself at huffingtonpost or opensecrets. I've never given over $200 at once though...

I found Huffington Post fairly reliable in 2007-2008, but they're missing a few of my donations this cycle (and I maxed out months ago, by my count).

Here's part of the FEC report: http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcd...48806/sa/17A/1 You might be able to find your name in there.
    Last edited by gls; 12-14-2011 at 12:15 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Luieburger

Proud to be one of 300

Dig deep for this next one folks. Dig deep.

Quote Originally Posted by gls View Post
    Here's part of the FEC report: http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcd...48806/sa/17A/1 You might be able to find your name in there.
    Is that list sortable?

The previous quarter I think I gave ~175 bucks, so I wouldn't be in the reports. However, I have probably have given 300-400 bucks this time around, so I'll be in there after this quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulitician View Post
    Is that list sortable?
    Apparently not. You could always just do ctrl-f and search your name. Might have to go through a lot of pages though.

I guess you could donate $2,499 and the campaign will send you an email letting you know how much you went over. Do some math and you get your total?

BUMP.

I hope we have much more people to add to this list.