Thread: 12/8/11 Conversations with History: Glenn Greenwald

12/8/11 Conversations with History: Glenn Greenwald

Conversations with History: Glenn Greenwald

Conversations host Harry Kreisler welcomes writer Glenn Greenwald for a discussion of his new book, "With Liberty and Justice for Some." Greenwald traces his intellectual odyssey; analyzes the relationship between principle, power, and law; and describes the erosion of the rule of law in the United States. Highlighting the degree to which the legal system frees the powerful from accountability while harshly treating the powerless, Greenwald describes the origins of the current system, its repudiation of American ideals, and the mechanisms which sustain it. He then analyzes the media's abdication of its role as watchdog role. He concludes with a survey of the the record of the Obama administration in fulfilling its mandate, argues for an alternative politics, and offers advice for students as they prepare for the future. Series: "Conversations with History" [1/2012] [Public Affairs] [Show ID: 23138]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I constantly support and have dialog with Glenn Greenwald on Twitter. He knows exactly what's going on with Federal government in this country as well as all their operations, especially overseas.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    I constantly support and have dialog with Glenn Greenwald on Twitter. He knows exactly what's going on with Federal government in this country as well as all their operations, especially overseas.
    He's awesome. It makes me wonder who he supports. I can't imagine it is anyone other than Dr. Paul.

He has grand illusions about the greatness of FDR and the democrats but that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    He has grand illusions about the greatness of FDR and the democrats but that's ok.
    He spends half his time bashing Obama. It's hard to imagine him supporting Obama since Glenn is the big civil liberties guy. He knows what's going on.