Thread: Paul in NH today teaching HS kids

Paul in NH today teaching HS kids

about monetary policy, I love it. They are going home to tell their parents to blame the government for devaluing our dollar and thats why it costs 3 bucks for gas and prices are soaring. LOL. They'll be some angry parents waking up after years of slumber.
    Last edited by Johnnybags; 11-07-2007 at 04:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any more info on this? Sounds interesting.

Wow. I wish I could get him to come here and do that.

youtube or it didn't happen
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

Here it is- priceless

NASHUA, NH -- Ron Paul talked about money at a local high school this morning. No, not his record one-day fundraising haul, but the impact of a weakening U.S. dollar.

“We have this bizarre idea … that when Washington comes up short, whether it’s to fight a war or run the welfare state, you know what we do? We print the money,” he told about 100 students at Nashua South High School. “Now how much sense would it have to take to figure out that if you could just print money at will, maybe the value of money is going to go down.”

The result, he told the students, is a greater debt that they will inherit. And today, the impact is being seen in things like gas prices. “When you fill up your car," Paul said, "and it’s $3 a gallon, or $4 or $5 a gallon, don’t blame price gouging. Blame the government for a bad monetary policy and a bad foreign policy."

He warned that if no action is taken, “the dollar can lose a lot more value, which means prices can go up a lot more, the economy can get a lot weaker, the stock market could crash.”

All of his ideas were rooted in the Constitution, Paul said. But he recognizes that some -- like eliminating the IRS, and returning all funding of education to the states -- are unlikely to be achieved as president. So he said he’d focus on the one area a president has more leverage -- foreign policy.

“Very simply, we can come up with a program of saying mind our own business, bring our troops home, have a strong national defense,” he said. “At the same time, be stronger and wealthier, save this money, take care of the people that are needy, follow the Constitution, protect personal liberty, have a prosperous economy.”

He noted that war-making powers are given in the Constitution to the Congress. “We’ve never declared another war since World War II,” he said. “And lo and behold, what has happened? We haven’t won a war since.” Continuing commitments abroad, especially in Iraq, have made the military weaker and made us more vulnerable to a terrorist attack domestically. He also warned students that, with the administration seemingly preparing for war in Iran, there would likely need to be a draft.

Asked later by a student how he would withdraw troops, Paul said the sooner the better, but that it would likely take three to six months. “Just announcing that we were gonna leave, and that we were serious," he said, "I think there would be a de facto peace agreement."

An interesting note on the location -- Clinton is due to hold an event at the same high school later this evening.

MAIN PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybags View Post
    An interesting note on the location -- Clinton is due to hold an event at the same high school later this evening.
    I wonder how much candy she will promise them to ignore what they heard this morning?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmesa View Post
    I wonder how much candy she will promise them to ignore what they heard this morning?
    I don't know about candy, but she'll definitely pander. She'll tell the kids that the government should and will provide them with 'free' health care, 'free' education, and 'free' retirement. And you know what? Probably half or more of those kids will believe it when they hear it, and believe it up until the day they die. Because about half of all people have below average intelligence.

So many people need to be educated about monetary policy. We need some sort of massive effort in that too.
    Checkout Ron Paul's legislation, write your representatives and spread the word!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legisla...ed_by_Ron_Paul

Lord of the Rings and Liberty: http://www.lewrockwell.com/carson/carson10.html

Hill should be sure to keep Bill away from those HS girls.

Quote Originally Posted by margomaps View Post
    I don't know about candy, but she'll definitely pander. She'll tell the kids that the government should and will provide them with 'free' health care, 'free' education, and 'free' retirement. And you know what? Probably half or more of those kids will believe it when they hear it, and believe it up until the day they die. Because about half of all people have below average intelligence.
    An obvious failing of the Department of Education.
    I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue! -- Barry Goldwater

The Law -- Frederic Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by Richandler View Post
    So many people need to be educated about monetary policy. We need some sort of massive effort in that too.
    Now that's a really interesting idea I hadn't thought of. As far as I am aware, we can't hold an infomercial about Ron Paul, but what if we didn't mention Ron Paul? What if we held an infomercial that taught everyone about the issues Ron Paul stands for, detailed them very well then mention that we need to have politicians in office that understand this.

They would search and find Ron Paul, or hear about Ron Paul and what he stands for and know he's the only choice. It is an idea anyway.

someone has a link from WMUR that has part of that speech.

Haah I saw this too, I don't know if it was the best idea, some of those kids can't even vote. If I knew about this I could have packed in some "adults". ..or maybe it was closed to students/faculty only?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybags View Post
    about monetary policy, I love it. They are going home to tell their parents to blame the government for devaluing our dollar and thats why it costs 3 bucks for gas and prices are soaring. LOL. They'll be some angry parents waking up after years of slumber.

I don't know, but I doubt Hillary's event would involve speaking to kids. She probably wants to go straight to the voters.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauliana View Post
    I don't know, but I doubt Hillary's event would involve speaking to kids. She probably wants to go straight to the voters.
    We'll probably see her talking to the kids on CNN, MSNBC, and FOX tomorrow. Meanwhile the teaching staff buzzes about ron paul.

I posted about this last night, and bumped the thread this morning hoping that people would tune into the live stream at 10:30. The Nashua telegraph says that the video won't be available until tomorrow. Tomorrow's issue of the Telegraph is supposed to have a good size article about today's visit, along with a link to the video. Which will be hosted at the links in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Richandler View Post
    So many people needs to be educated about the Constitution as well. I kinda wish the campaign would hire on Michael Badnarik as official campaign employee and pay for him to go around the country and teach his Constitution class on behalf of Dr. Paul.