I just wanted to share with everyone a question that I used today (though I am sure it has been used by others) that made two of my historically democratic friends think that Ron Paul was a very appealing candidate.

I asked them if they considered social welfare to be more important than civil liberties. Though this was with only two people their answer was that they considered civil liberties to be more important.

Though in general they might not be exclusive, after pointing out Mrs. Clinton's past record on civil liberties (the Patriot Act), they both agreed that having people become more dependent on the government at the same time as loosing their civil liberties was disastrous. Though I am not sure, I think that generally civil liberties are viewed as more important than government provided social welfare by most liberals. After reviewing the candidates with them I was able to convince them that the only candidate who was capable of accomplishing this was Ron Paul.

I just wanted to point out the strength of this strategy and hope that others can successfully use it in their interactions with Ron Paul skeptics, and apologize if this is already a widely used strategy.