Thread: Why does Iran want a nuclear weapon?

Why does Iran want a nuclear weapon?

I mean...why would they feel threatened?

Each * = U.S. Military Base
    Rather Ornery Than Ordinary

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Look what happened to Iraq and Libya when they gave up their WMD programs....
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

1953: United States overthrows their secular democracy
    1980s: United States finances and arms a belligerent Iraq who attacks Iran with chemical weapons
    Current: CIA (or someone else) assassinates scientists, drones flying over the country

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    1980s: United States finances and arms a belligerent Iraq who attacks Iran with chemical weapons
    Current: CIA (or someone else) assassinates scientists, drones flying over the country
    I was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by beardedlinen View Post
    I was being sarcastic.
    I was about to give a serious reply based on the title, saw the picture in the OP, and realized I'd been "Ron Rolled". But to add to what's already been said, the only country on the fake "axis of evil" list that has not been messed with is North Korea....and they have nukes.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I was being sarcastic.
    I know, just helping remind everyone.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do we really know that they want one though? I still haven't seen any evidence.

"When we say we don't want to build an atomic bomb it means we really do not want to build an atomic bomb." - Ahmadinejad

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_917613.html

In the interest of fairness, the map in the top post isn't current.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    In the interest of fairness, the map in the top post isn't current.
    Know of any on the web that are?

And as to the idea that they may not be developing a nuke at all, I think it's entirely possible...but after seeing that map, if I were in that geographical location I'd want one.

No sorry I don't. A lot of those bases have been removed.

Why does Iran want a nuclear weapon?
    Who says that they do?

(sorry, your thread title was asking for it)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'm hearing they have about a quarter of the world oil reserves. I would think many count on the region remaining stable.

On another note, during my life I've seen some very good leaders lead by example. In fact many times it isn't their intention to lead. They are just people that do things well and others want to be like them.

Then I've seen the bullies that lead by force.

If we really thought not having nuclear weapons was a good thing, then wouldn't we dismantle ours? Personally when I was a kid and ask them why we didn't they had a pretty good argument for keeping them. I'll bet the children still ask. I would imagine the argument to have them might be a universal one and sound the same to the children of other countries. Maybe some day the children will win. I just hope it isn't because they got all used up (The children and the nuclear weapons).

But then again I don't think this really has as much to do with nuclear weapons as I do them not having a central bank that is entangled with the global system of central banks.

You know what some say.

There are now only 5 nations on the world left without a Rothschild controlled central bank: Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; and Libya.

Their story sounded pretty far out there at first. Some of the facts in it are starting to ring true now that Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya have been whittled off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    Or its an act. There is some reasons to believe the current supreme leader is a CIA company man or intelligence officer of another country...
    Originally Posted by Ralph Epperson on page 242 of "The Unseen Hand", 16th printing

Another interesting revelation about the whole Khomeini affair is the charge that the Khomeini in Iran today is not the same Khomeini that was exiled by the Shah in 1965, even though he is supposed to be. A memorandum written by an individual considered to be one of the worlds best-informed international intelligence sources states:

In its edition of June 11, 1979, on page A-2, the Los Angeles Herald Examiner carried a story which questioned the authenticity of the Ayatollah Khomeini. The article quoted a column by William Hickey in the London Express which included photographs of the Ayatollah Khomeini, which were taken while he was in France, showing that he had only 9 fingers. The middle digit of his right hand was missing.
    Recent photographs show that the present "Ayatollah Khomeini" has 10 fingers.

In addition, Iranian Premier Amir Hoveida testified: "I know him and I can assure you he had only nine fingers. This Khomeini is an imposter.".
    Shortly after making that statement, Hoveidawas shouted down in the court he was testifying in and pulled out of the building and shot.
    Just who the new Khomeini is and why the previous one had to be replaced, was not explained. One clue to the mystery was offered by the Polish Army Intelligence Colonel, Michael Goloniewski, an expert on Soviet intelligence. He charged that the Soviets had penetrated the Shiite Moslem sect of which the Ayatollah is a member, and that the Ayatollah was a Soviet agent.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 12-08-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Each * = U.S. Military Base
    Ohhhh...I wondered why were bombing Yemen rather than Oman--we already have bases in Oman. Did not know that. Thanks.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Or its an act. There is some reasons to believe the current supreme leader is a CIA company man or intelligence officer of another country...
    Khomeini is dead. Khameni is the supreme leader now.

Because they are evil incarnate and want to turn Israel into a giant amusement park unprecedented in its tackiness.

Here is an updated map: From this site: http://www.iranbodycount.org/analysis/

Still illustrates the original point quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by milo10 View Post
    Because they are evil incarnate and want to turn Israel into a giant amusement park unprecedented in its tackiness.
    You are silly. Dubai already exists.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    You just kicked my ass with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    lolz!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

who says Iran wants nuclear weapons? media propaganda?
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil