Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bachmann also bows out of Trump debate, leaving Gingrich and Santorum head to head

Bachmann also bows out of Trump debate, leaving Gingrich and Santorum head to head

And may they have a restful time of it.

Bachmann opts out of Trump debate

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...f-trump-debate
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hehehe...love it.

LMAO

According to Sean Hannity he is absolutely sure it's happening.

lol, dickweed
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

LOL..... Trump just had his cereal bowl pissed in ha ha ha

Darn, I was hoping all the phony's would attend, emphasing that.

Ginrich is now stuck as already saying he would go.

That's actually an optimal result, assuming Santorum doesn't wimp out. If *no one* had showed, Newt and Trump would have just changed the format into some sort of mutual blowjob/infomercial. As it is, Newt will be stuck debating someone who he probably considers beneath him.

Quote Originally Posted by bbartlog View Post
    That's actually an optimal result, assuming Santorum doesn't wimp out. If *no one* had showed, Newt and Trump would have just changed the format into some sort of mutual blowjob/infomercial. As it is, Newt will be stuck debating someone who he probably considers beneath him.
    Go Santorum go!

Santorum can call him out on so many things..
    "The woods are lovely, dark, and deep... But I have got promises to keep.. and miles to go before I sleep.." - Robert Frost

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hahah man, this is classic. They are both going to look so retarded in the most boring debate ever if they go through with it. Man, Trump really self-owned himself so badly.

This could be good. Attack dog Santorum will hopefully rip him to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    Yeah maybe Rick will do some dirty work in this one.

They can always call up Johnson and Roemer. And maybe that "rent is too damn high" guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Yeah maybe Rick will do some dirty work in this one.
    Either that, or kiss his ass. Let's hope he calls Gingrich out.

There won't be a debate. Trump will have a hissy fit/press conference trash talking everyone that wouldn't go and the debate will be canceled.

This could be used to bring Santorum to the top. This semi-worries me.

I do love the fact that this was lead by Ron and everybody else is following. It is sufficient proof that he is the leader of the republican party when he can move all the other major candidates based on his opinions.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    I do love the fact that this was lead by Ron and everybody else is following. It is sufficient proof that he is the leader of the republican party when he can move all the other major candidates based on his opinions.
    You maybe be correct but I thought it was led by Huntsman and to a lesser extent, Paul. I guess it depends on how you look at it. I thought Huntsman said he wouldn't go, first, though.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, at least Santorum will bring out the dirt -- hope they get equal speaking time! I surely won't watch, but will wait for an excellent report here (at the forum).

exactly. I hope this goes down.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Come on people, no way does Gingrich show up to this thing just to debate Santorum one-on-one. Gingrich has nothing to gain from that. Gingrich will now find some way in which to weasel out of attending this Trump debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    You maybe be correct but I thought it was led by Huntsman and to a lesser extent, Paul. I guess it depends on how you look at it. I thought Huntsman said he wouldn't go, first, though.
    You're right Huntsman was first but Paul probably got more attention with that brutal press-release and the resulting back and forth. Huntsman just tweeted something like "lol I'm not going to go kiss The Donald's ring or any other part of his body" and left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    This could be used to bring Santorum to the top. This semi-worries me.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I in no way shape or form want Santorum anywhere near the front of this pack. The very thought of a Bachmann/Santorum presidency or joint ticket literally terrifies me.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    LMAO

According to Sean Hannity he is absolutely sure it's happening.

lol, dickweed
    And that it will be great and that lots of people will watch. I don't think so.

Maybe they will switch the debate around where gingrich and santorum ask trump questions.

What could Santorum hammer Gingrich with? They both supported No Child Left Behind (hell, Santorum WROTE it), Medicare Part D, wars, PATRIOT Act, the police state in general...?

Two peas in a pod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    There won't be a debate. Trump will have a hissy fit/press conference trash talking everyone that wouldn't go and the debate will be canceled.
    This is a likely option, but his ego is so huge, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Come on people, no way does Gingrich show up to this thing just to debate Santorum one-on-one. Gingrich has nothing to gain from that. Gingrich will now find some way in which to weasel out of attending this Trump debate.
    I hope he does. It will further expose him as the two-faced, waffling wuss that he is.

I will be shocked if this thing still happens

You guys know this is going to turn into a Lincoln/Douglas debate, right? They'll sit in chairs and Trump will ask them a question and they'll both respond to it in a pleasant like atmosphere, most likely attacking other candidates. Trump will likely answer the questions as well, and will most definitely attack the other candidates.

Not saying that it's going to matter, but it's not going to be a big circus like it could have been. This is going to be another Gingrich/Cain thing except Santorum won't rise. Hopefully...
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

Payback for this
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Should we categorize Newt as Trump's lap dog?
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast