Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 72

Thread: Stick a fork in Rick Perry cause he's done. (Latest Rick Perry ad)

  1. #1

    Stick a fork in Rick Perry cause he's done. (Latest Rick Perry ad)

    Wow!. Talk about irrelevant. Not that these aren't important issues but this is not even what conservatives are focused on in this election.
    This is the death bell for Rick Perry.




    (Edited post: Accidentally put in the word irreverent when i meant irrelevant(spell check)
    Last edited by Perry; 12-08-2011 at 01:40 AM.
    ďFirst they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.Ē
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Oh dear.

    "The war on Christmas" is a "major religious issue"? "Praying in school" is the action item on the agenda for Perry?

    Ughhhh. This is why Christians get laughed at Rick. Because there is absolutely no substance to any of this garbage.

    How about the Christian idea of ending the state schools?
    How about the Christian idea of sound money?
    How about the Christian idea of prohibiting theft?
    How about the Christian idea of free markets?
    How about the Christian idea of the individual and family being primary and every other earthly authority secondary?
    How about the Christian idea of private property?
    How about "No King but King Jesus"?
    How about freedom of conscience?

    The religious right is so far removed from Reformation Christianity, that it has lost all its savor. Jesus told the religious leaders of His day:

    Matthew 5:13 NIV

    "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."
    The same applies to the emptiness of the modern religious right.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 12-07-2011 at 05:22 PM.

  4. #3
    What's happened, you ask? Christianity has been warped into a progressive cult that worships an arbitrary border in the Middle East. And the worst part about all of this is that Christians are walking into their own slaughter.

    Blame futurists, dispensationalists, and the rapture-ready pharisees of the 21st Century. They're the ones who caused this.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

  5. #4
    Oh no, Rick Perry's eating into Santorum's base!

    Edit: Just realized how nasty that sounds.

  6. #5
    I swear... he looks and talks just like W. Am I the only one who's seeing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

  7. #6
    I remember when Bush did the same kind of ad.

  8. #7
    Wow. that was an odd ad.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

    We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

    We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

    Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

    Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Oh dear.

    "The war on Christmas" is a "major religious issue"? "Praying in school" is the action item on the agenda for Perry?

    Ughhhh. This is why Christians get laughed at Rick. Because there is absolutely no substance to any of this garbage.

    How about the Christian idea of ending the state schools?
    How about the Christian idea of sound money?
    How about the Christian idea of prohibiting theft?
    How about the Christian idea of free markets?
    How about the Christian idea of the individual and family being primary and every other earthly authority secondary?
    How about the Christian idea of private property?
    How about "No King but King Jesus"?
    How about freedom of conscience?

    The religious right is so far removed from Reformation Christianity, that it has lost all its savor. Jesus told the religious leaders of His day:



    The same applies to the emptiness of the modern religious right.
    I sure like you and your brand of Christianity. You espouse a religion that is morally compatible with my philosophy, through and through. It's unfortunate that so many atheists choose the path of utilitarianism and moral subjectivism.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    I swear... he looks and talks just like W. Am I the only one who's seeing this?
    He does remind me a WHOLE LOT of W.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

  12. #10

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    I sure like you and your brand of Christianity. You espouse a religion that is morally compatible with my philosophy, through and through. It's unfortunate that so many atheists choose the path of utilitarianism and moral subjectivism.
    It's just Reformed Christianity man. It's the same kind of Christianity most of the founding generation was. Believe me, we Calvinists are a dying breed in this country, and I believe that is the case because God is judging this country...and it is not going to turn out good.

  14. #12
    Funny: Rick Perry forgets to turn off "likes" on new ad on YouTube http://dkel.ec/uJQlsR does not go well http://twitpic.com/7q03e6

  15. #13
    I think many christians get caught up in the whole "protect Israel because she is god's people". I agree with it but not on how to protect her. I don't think Jesus would say "kill everyone who poses a threat to you". He did say in the book of matthews "if your enemy slaps your cheek, turn your head".

    Jesus taught us to lead by example. We aren't suppose to force our christian morals on people. We're supposed to show them. This is exactly what Ron teaches. We should show the world how good we can be, not force our goodness on them.

    Jesus literally espoused the non-aggression principle. There are a lot of Christians that have lost the path and it is sad. All we can do is show them what Jesus has taught.

    I was talking to my war mongering grandpa (probably 70 years old). I said grandpa what was Jesus's nickname? It was the prince of peace. If jesus didn't advocate war why should we?

    He gave me the line of how Jesus went into the temple and threw the bad people out. I rationalize this by saying that the temple was his property. It probably wasn't in the lawful sense but he is God so therefore it is his house.

    People are just so caught up in the they don't call themselves christians so they hate us and I must hate them.

    This is really sad.
    -Ancap-

  16. #14
    Is it just me or is his voice higher?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

    Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

    Website: http://www.grandtstories.com/

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

    Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

    BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

  17. #15
    He and his Carhart jacket have been spamming our airwaves here. Haven't see this ad run yet, but he has another ad where he talks about his "faith"

  18. #16



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Perry was done weeks ago, I'm ready to kick him out of the Governor's mansion!

  21. #18
    No need to stomp on a dead horse, hopefully some of his supporters come our way. Ron and him are both Texans after all.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    Oh no, Rick Perry's eating into Santorum's base!

    Edit: Just realized how nasty that sounds.
    i loled

  23. #20

  24. #21
    Pander much?

    As a Christian this disgusts me.
    More so because it is so obviously phony.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    Funny: Rick Perry forgets to turn off "likes" on new ad on YouTube http://dkel.ec/uJQlsR does not go well http://twitpic.com/7q03e6
    Why not campaign on RPF to turn that around? How sweet would it be to see that air on TV?

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    It's just Reformed Christianity man. It's the same kind of Christianity most of the founding generation was. Believe me, we Calvinists are a dying breed in this country, and I believe that is the case because God is judging this country...and it is not going to turn out good.
    i have a slight disagreement about the "dying breed"... there is an awakening occurring amongst particular groups-- especially the 20 to 40 male (especially urban) demographic. perhaps it's not a large enough movement to effect massive change, but there are many american men that are leaders in the "new calvinist" movement that are making impact. http://theresurgence.com/2010/03/08/...ging-calvinism

  27. #24
    Saw this ad today on CNN during lunch break at work. Not sure why, but I always see the Perry ads on CNN and never on Fox. When I saw this one, I just smirked and shook my head. He really is off in left field on this one.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    Oh no, Rick Perry's eating into Santorum's base!

    Edit: Just realized how nasty that sounds.
    Frothy?
    Click here for a free copper round. Every three people you get signed up, you get another free round! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    The religious right is so far removed from Reformation Christianity, that it has lost all its savor.
    You forgot an I in that last word.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

  31. #27
    Do they normally say "I'm so and so and I approve this message" while they are still in camera?

    It seems strange to me lol


  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    He and his Carhart jacket have been spamming our airwaves here. Haven't see this ad run yet, but he has another ad where he talks about his "faith"
    Wow, the sleeves haven't even frayed on that jacket. That guy must be rich. I've got three of those and none of them have good sleeve ends anymore.

  33. #29
    How dare the gays openly serve! How dare they!
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

    We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

    We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

    Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

    Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

  34. #30
    Hey Rick Perry, I prayed and celebrated Christmas at my school, my school was solely and voluntarily funded by my church.

    The Christians I'm affiliated with never really saw the need to rob unbelievers at gun point to pay for my schooling -we figured not only was it sinful and wrong, but it would also put unbelievers off on the whole true Christian thing, and, my school would also be forced to make concessions to the government as how we ran things in exchange for them giving us stolen money.

    See how that works Rick? Government, stolen money, school, concessions to government...

    Just what the heck kinda church to you go to anyway!?


    Bunkloco

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Rick Perry Tough guys: GOPís Rick Perry and Rick Santorum go neocon on Iran
    By John F Kennedy III in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 04:04 PM
  2. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
  4. Rick Perry Rick Perry's dirty Horseshoe Bay land lot flip deal; Perry's cronies GIVE him $500,000
    By Robert Morrow in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •