Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Censors Ron Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by njandrewg View Post

dugg
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone thought that it might be a bug or something else innocuous? Like anything else, shouldn't we wait until we know what's going on before we make assumptions and jump to conclusions?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidhperry View Post
    Anyone thought that it might be a bug or something else innocuous? Like anything else, shouldn't we wait until we know what's going on before we make assumptions and jump to conclusions?
    the keyword is banned, if it was a bug then other keywords wouldn't have worked eihter

Ok, this is even goofier, if you do a search for "Ron Burgandy" only names come up. I'm sure there are Ron Burgandy: Anchorman groups out there. It looks like if you search for "Ron" followed by ANYTHING, you're only going to get common people to show up.

Look for Ron Arteste (sp?) or Ron Jeremy. That'll sort this out.

You blame the Ron Paul search failure on facebook on the creator of facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, and your reasoning behind the search ban is because the creator is a Jew.

Don't you think comments like these will illicit responses from those of us with moral integrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Brinck Slattery View Post
    Look for Ron Arteste (sp?) or Ron Jeremy. That'll sort this out.
    Artest yielded only names also. Don't want to search for Jeremy since I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMachine7 View Post
    Artest yielded only names also. Don't want to search for Jeremy since I'm at work.
    too bad, I figure if there's a facebook group about someone it's Ron Jeremy.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the important thing is whether there is an "omission" of information (which would obviously show that this is NO accident)

People can then speculate all they want as to "why".....it is INAPPROPRIATE to speculate the exact MOTIvATION....the important part is SEEING THE WRONG.

What sucks is that WHOMEVER owns the site can do whatever they want to. WRONG or not....all you can do is try to point it out and boycott or whatever (the reason there are groups like the Anti-Defamation League).

Things are NOT fair in life and politics. that is GUARANTEED.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

Ron Paul - nothing
    Paul - lots
    Ron - lots
    Congressman Paul - lots
    Congressman Ron - none
    Congressman Ron Paul - none

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimaroka View Post
    People… relax.

It's probably a bug and Jeff Frazee will keep us informed. Chilll…
    if people don't bitch then facebook will never catch and fix it.

UNBELIEVABLE

type RUDY GULIANI and you can see his groups just fine. This is censorship at it's worst! what is going on here?!

whats the status, is this still happening?

Message sent. I encourage others to do the same. Be polite, frame your message by assuming it is simply a bug, not some malicious attempt to censor us. I think that will be received better.

this thread is now linked to from Techcrunch

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden View Post
    Everyone on facebook, test this out.

In the upper left hand search bar, type in Ron Paul and hit enter. Returned are only 'people'- no groups, no events, etc.

Now hit back and try this.

Type in any other presidential candidate and hit enter. Voilà! Amazing...
    Maybe Michael Arrington can get an answer.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/11/07...sors-ron-paul/

Kudos to whoever thought of emailing him.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i'm sure this was a stunt after/during yesterdays news-blitz. in that way they prevented ron pauls facebook group growing very effectively - when they release the ban tomorrow no one will remember that he wanted to join some facebook group yesterday and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by me3 View Post
    Maybe it was the public S*P*A*M campaign that was being run here for 11/5.

I really think members do the campaign and Dr. Paul's chances a disservice when they publicly post poll bombing or mass emailing campaigns in detail.

Everything you post on the internet in a public forum can be read and searched by anyone else. Get used to it.
    Good points.

There are many sites and forums who simply stop/suspend/"ban" related posts and emails because of the technical problems with overloading their site and occasionally servers.

We need to represent the Respect and Integrity of Paul if we visit sites owned by others.

RON PAUL SUPPORTERS ROCK,you guys dont let anything slide hehe,thats great

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    Maybe Michael Arrington can get an answer.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/11/07...sors-ron-paul/

Kudos to whoever thought of emailing him.
    I emailed him, but I'm sure other people did too

this is not "spam" related ! if it were they would not deliver messages containing "ron paul" - we can actually test that. but to ban searches for "ron paul" does not make ANY sense whatsoever.

oceanmachine7,

This is blowback. The majority of people who will scroll all the way down and click on that link will be supporters of Ron, many who have likely never been here. They will sign up and participate. This is a good thing.

Like Michael said, this was likely just the actions of one employee (or a publicity stunt) - we'll likely never know for sure.

We'll see if it corrects itself. If they blog it or make a statement to the press all the better. I hope my concerns are proven to have no basis in the reality that follows.
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

Check out my thread on my attempt to get it fixed.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33627

Hope this crap gets fixed.

Just got this reply:
    Hi,

Facebook Customer Support has received your inquiry. Stand by as we
    should be back with you soon. In the meantime, we encourage you to
    review our 'Help' page (http://www.facebook.com/help.php). You’ll find
    lots of information about Facebook as well as many answers to your
    questions. Check out the FAQs on our Support page too.

Thanks for contacting Facebook and enjoy the site!

-Facebook Customer Support

I will tell you when I get something else.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a programmer, "it" might be a rogue programmer who decided to inject his/her own political agenda into this. Meaning, they might just flipped the flag to omit Ron Paul's search results and will say "oh, I inadvertently did that..sorry'

As long as its fixed..
    How much do ads on myspace and facebook cost?

Here's the digg link (i think the original submitted story was buried by the bury brigade):

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_election...ors_Ron_Paul_2

Quote Originally Posted by sirachman View Post
    As long as its fixed..
    How much do ads on myspace and facebook cost?
    I'm not sure about mySpace, but I read that Facebook ads are not worth investing in. Despite the high traffic of facebook, apparently their users rarely click on ads and hence this has seriously affected the potential worth of the business though it still stands to be worth billions. Ultimately, not worth it. Mainly college kids use it and we've captured that demographic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast