Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Censors Ron Paul!

Facebook Censors Ron Paul!

Everyone on facebook, test this out.

In the upper left hand search bar, type in Ron Paul and hit enter. Returned are only 'people'- no groups, no events, etc.

Now hit back and try this.

Type in any other presidential candidate and hit enter. Voilą! Amazing...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I saw this happen this morning...

Wtf?

I also noticed that... and that the homepage for US Election application is run by abc news.........

holy crap

this isn't an election, it's a civil war and it's already been declared by others.
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

someone needs to tell the people on the facebook forums about this.

Is there any way to contact them? This hits home since I use facebook...

I sent a message, by clicking on "Help", then "US Politics", then submitted my own question.

I'm getting the same thing. Ridiculous!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's also the same for Groups. If you click on the Groups link in your left hand column and search for Ron Paul I get NO results whatsoever. I get plenty of results for all other candidates.

someone needs to submit a story to digg/ reddit about this facebook censorship asap

Maybe it was the public S*P*A*M campaign that was being run here for 11/5.

I really think members do the campaign and Dr. Paul's chances a disservice when they publicly post poll bombing or mass emailing campaigns in detail.

Everything you post on the internet in a public forum can be read and searched by anyone else. Get used to it.
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by theprolific View Post
    someone needs to submit a story to digg/ reddit about this facebook censorship asap
    Don't do anything like that yet. First let the people who run Ron's campaign on Facebook deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by me3 View Post
    Maybe it was the public S*P*A*M campaign that was being run here for 11/5.

I really think members do the campaign and Dr. Paul's chances a disservice when they publicly post poll bombing or mass emailing campaigns in detail.

Everything you post on the internet in a public forum can be read and searched by anyone else. Get used to it.
    It wasn't sp am because we were only messaging known Ron Paul supporters.

My guess is either oversight or the searches were disabled because only "Ron Paul" searches were jeapordizing a crash. Did you see the Alexa web traffic numbers on the official site this week?!

Heck, even on this very forum they used to disable searching to avoid overtaxing the server.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

have you guys considered contacting facebook about it?
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sematary View Post
    have you guys considered contacting facebook about it?
    congrats on your 3,000th post sematary - you rock.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You should take screenshots for proof. This is actually a "good" piece of news you can publish.

Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    You should take screenshots for proof. This is actually a "good" piece of news you can publish.
    agreed

Hmmm, methinks we should put our Jumping to Conclusions mat away for now.

Heck, even on this very forum they used to disable searching to avoid overtaxing the server.
    I wouldn't doubt if this had something to do with it. I've read that Paul related web traffic is exploding, and if a bunch of interested RP noobs were researching him, chances are that his facebook popularity will come up, so they might have removed the search terms for the time being or something.

Although something similar happened some months ago with myspace.

I can't imagine them not making a statement about it if enough people create a storm. I imagine the people at Facebook are at least somewhat cognitive when it comes to business, and they know that RP brings good business, so it makes no sense for them to voluntarily "censor" anything about RP, as that would eventually cut into their web traffic and cost them a lot.
    Last edited by LinearChaos; 11-07-2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: speling

Type In Just "Paul"

You get results when you search "Paul" and not "Ron Paul".

They definitely disabled searches for Ron Paul. If you search for groups with "Ron Paul" there are no results. However, if you search "Paul" you do get all the results.

one of the founders of facebook is now working for Giulliani or Thompson campaign...I forget

My message said that there appeared to be something wrong with their search algorithm.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanMachine7 View Post
    My message said that there appeared to be something wrong with their search algorithm.
    they accidentally checked the "censor ron paul" box ??

Quote Originally Posted by LinearChaos View Post
    Hmmm, methinks we should put our Jumping to Conclusions mat away for now.
    Usually I say this, but in this case, there is no question what has happened: Ron Paul is not a searchable keyword. Period. The fact that traffic for the good doctor has explored bodes only well for Facebook because that means more advertising cash.

Either the company from within decided to throw a wrench at Ron Paul's works or they were pressured. Probably both.

I could only find a privacy contact form and submitted a short message on the situation. We shall see if they reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    My guess is either oversight or the searches were disabled because only "Ron Paul" searches were jeapordizing a crash. Did you see the Alexa web traffic numbers on the official site this week?!
    Facebook is the #7 site in the USA and yer tellin me their servers can't take the load from Ron Paul searches? I highly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
    Facebook is the #7 site in the USA and yer tellin me their servers can't take the load from Ron Paul searches? I highly doubt that.

thank you, common sense.

I've never used Facebook before, but if you type in "ronpaul" (no space) it returns a couple profiles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast