Thread: Democrats Hope Newt Gingrich Is the GOP Nominee; Say Obama Will Easily Defeat Him

Democrats Hope Newt Gingrich Is the GOP Nominee; Say Obama Will Easily Defeat Him

Democrats Hope Gingrich Is the GOP Nominee; Say Obama Will Easily Defeat Him

Raven Clabough | The New American
    07 December 2011

Democrats are reportedly thrilled by Newt Gingrich's recent rise in the polls and hopeful that he will be the Republican nominee — because they believe that President Obama could easily defeat Gingrich.

The Democrat most noticeably excited about the prospects of a Gingrich nomination is Nancy Pelosi, who worked with Gingrich for many years. Talking Points Memo (TPM) explains,

[Pelosi] was a senior Democrat when Gingrich was House Speaker, served on the ethics committee that investigated Gingrich for tax cheating and campaign finance violations, and even cut a 2008 ad with him on the importance of addressing global climate change.

During an interview with TPM, Pelosi was asked how she felt about the potential for a Gingrich nomination. She replied coyly,

I like Barney Frank’s quote the best, where he said, "I never thought I’d live such a good life that I would see Newt Gingrich be the nominee of the Republican Party." That quote I think spoke for a lot of us.

Several days ago, Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) remarked that a Gingrich nomination “would be the best thing to happen to Democrats since Barry Goldwater. If Newt Gingrich is the nominee, then ... wow.”

Full Story:
    http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/pol...ily-defeat-him
    Last edited by FrankRep; 12-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.