Thread: NZ food bill to make growing food a government privilege rather than a human right

NZ food bill to make growing food a government privilege rather than a human right

NZ food bill to make growing food a government privilege rather than a human right

Ethan Huff
    Infowars.com
    December 7, 2011

The God-given human right to freely cultivate food is under attack in New Zealand (NZ) as special interest groups and others are currently attempting to push a “food security” bill through the nation’s parliament that will strip individuals of their right to grow food, save seeds, and even share the fruits of their labor with friends and family members.

In accordance with the World Trade Organization’s (WTO) Codex Alimentarius scheme for global food control, the NZ Food Bill, if passed, will essentially transfer primary control of food from individuals to corporations under the guise of food safety. And unless massive public outcry and awakened consciences within the NZ government are able to put a stop to it, the bill could become law very soon.

According toNZ Food Security, a group working to protect the food freedom of New Zealanders, the bill will turn growing and sharing food into a government-granted privilege rather than a human right. It will also make it illegal to distribute any type of food based on the bill’s language. This includes seeds, nutrients, natural medicines, minerals, and even water — without expressed government permission.

You see, agribusiness giants like Monsanto want full control of the food supply, which means putting an end to small-scale agriculture systems that operate “off the grid,” so to speak. This is why they have worked so hard in places like the US to convert conventional, staple crop systems to genetically-modified (GM) ones that are continually reliant upon new seeds and chemical interventions.

As far as enforcement, the NZ bill also authorizes private companies to deploy “Food Safety Officers” that can raid private property without warrant. Not only will these “Food Safety Officers” be permitted to draw weapons against those they are pursuing, but they will also be immune from criminal and civil prosecution for their illegal actions.

You can read a full summary of what the NZ Food Bill entails here:
    http://nzfoodsecurity.org/2011/07/1…

What all this means, of course, is that the NZ government may soon be able to arbitrarily decide at any time to restrict individual freedom to plant vegetable gardens and share the produce with their neighbors, for instance. Even “cottage industries,” which include at-home food artisans, could be restricted under the new law.

Hyperlinks in original article:
    http://www.infowars.com/nz-food-bill...a-human-right/
    I am the spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is very frightening, but not too suprising. This sort of thing is just one of many steps in any country that wishes to have complete control over every aspect of the free-market and people's lives. I hope New Zealanders wake up, smell the coffee, and resist this obvious power grab by their government. I have no doubt that we're going to do the same thing soon, although I remember an Executive Order authorizing the take over of all means of production, including food resources, in the event of a "national emergency" or "disaster", so I think we might already be past that phase. Although, in our case, it only triggers when something bad happens, but, knowing our government, that... ahem... bad thing shouldn't be too hard to conjure up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    This is very frightening, but not too suprising. This sort of thing is just one of many steps in any country that wishes to have complete control over every aspect of the free-market and people's lives. I hope New Zealanders wake up, smell the coffee, and resist this obvious power grab by their government. I have no doubt that we're going to do the same thing soon, although I remember an Executive Order authorizing the take over of all means of production, including food resources, in the event of a "national emergency" or "disaster", so I think we might already be past that phase. Although, in our case, it only triggers when something bad happens, but, knowing our government, that... ahem... bad thing shouldn't be too hard to conjure up.
    Expect a one child policy as well.
    I am the spoon.

how is this even enforceable?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly. View Post
    how is this even enforceable?
    Green police, citizen spies, etc.
    I am the spoon.

maybe a few dead/missing trespassers will change that??

Buy a Gun, no one touches my Tomatoes!

Nooooo!!! This ruins EVERYTHING!!

I really wanted to move there one day..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Scary stuff.

My mind immediately goes to this:
    http://www.infoukes.com/history/famine/
    A Man-Made Famine/Genocide raged through Ukraine, the ethnic-Ukrainian region of northern Caucasus (i.e. Kuban), and the lower Volga River region in 1932-33. This resulted in the death of between 7 to 10 million people, mainly Ukrainians. This was instigated by Soviet leader Joseph Stalin and his henchman Lazar Kaganovich. The main goal of this artificial famine/genocide was to break the spirit of the Ukrainian farmer/peasant and to force them into collectivization and was used as an effective tool to break the renaissance of Ukrainian culture that was occuring under approval of the communist government in Ukraine. Moscow perceived this as a threat to a Russo-Centric Soviet rule and therefore acted to crush this cultural renaissance in a most brutal sadistic manner. The resulting goal of this artificial famine/genocide was to "ethnically cleanse" Ukrainians from vast territories.

In 1932, the Soviets increased the grain procurement quota for Ukraine by 44%. They were aware that this extraordinarily high quota would result in a grain shortage, therefore resulting in the inability of the Ukrainian peasant to feed themselves. Soviet law was quite clear in that no grain could be given to feed the peasants until the quota was met. Communist party officials with the aid of military troops, OGPU, NKVD secret police units were used to move against peasants who may be hiding grain from the Soviet government. Even worse, an internal passport system was implemented to restrict movements of Ukrainian peasants so that they could not travel in search of food. Ukrainian grain was collected and stored in grain elevators that were guarded by military units & NKVD secret police units while Ukrainians were starving in the immediate area. The actions of this Moscow instigated action was a deliberate act of genocide against the Ukrainian peasant.