Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An amazing thing happened at my meeting tonight

An amazing thing happened at my meeting tonight

I am leading a Ron Paul meetup group here in Eastern Maryland and I went into tonight not expecting too much and boy was I susprised. The room was basically packed and sitting in the crowd were high school kids, young adults, 30 somethings, middle aged men, middle aged evangelical couples and men in their 80's and one who identified himself as being 91 years old and wanted me to tell all of you to "fight on". A man even donated silver to sell to a local coin shop so we could buy more signs.

Some of you may remember the story from my area about the man who erected a small billboard sized sign in his yard. He was at the meeting and was approached by a business owner who wants to put a billboard in front of their business along Route 50 which is the heaviest travelled road in our area. These people are educated, informed and ready to fight. They are ready to go to March for Life, Cpac, hand out info at Baltimore Ravens games, etc. Just an incredible experience and proof that you should never give up.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent, these are the stories I want to keep reading about! Nice work!
    Last edited by tsetsefly; 12-06-2011 at 11:13 PM.
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

Stop it. lol! It's to late for me to tear up. Just kidding. I love these stories.

Love stories like this!
    End The Nanny State!

Keep encouraging those people to not give up, we are so close and only more of us will come out of the shadows before long.

That's a great idea. Getting a group of Ron Paul supporters down to the March of Life would be a great idea to win over evangelicals.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SchleckBros View Post
    That's a great idea. Getting a group of Ron Paul supporters down to the March of Life would be a great idea to win over evangelicals.
    I posted a thread about it awhile ago and if you find it you will have the information. If you live in the area than please come to the event and help out if you can.
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Its mostly a catholic event in DC, but hey, Catholics vote too
    When neo-conservatives are prominent ... the people of the United States are bound to feel more insecure than they actually are." - Christopher Fettweis, Threat and Anxiety in US Foreign Policy.

Love reading all these stories, there seems to be a new one every day. Inspiring!

Nice! I lived in the "$#@!house" area of MD for 26 years- moved around 6 years ago. I found it tough to get anything going in that area as far as pro-liberty politics went.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    I posted a thread about it awhile ago and if you find it you will have the information. If you live in the area than please come to the event and help out if you can.
    But only prolifers should go.

great story!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Awesome! Get them involved in call from home!

I am leading a Ron Paul meetup group here in Eastern Maryland and I went into tonight not expecting too much and boy was I susprised. The room was basically packed and sitting in the crowd were high school kids, young adults, 30 somethings, middle aged men, middle aged evangelical couples and men in their 80's and one who identified himself as being 91 years old and wanted me to tell all of you to "fight on". A man even donated silver to sell to a local coin shop so we could buy more signs.

Some of you may remember the story from my area about the man who erected a small billboard sized sign in his yard. He was at the meeting and was approached by a business owner who wants to put a billboard in front of their business along Route 50 which is the heaviest travelled road in our area. These people are educated, informed and ready to fight. They are ready to go to March for Life, Cpac, hand out info at Baltimore Ravens games, etc. Just an incredible experience and proof that you should never give up.
    That's not possible, Ron Paul supporter are just a bunch of guys who live in their mother's basements.

I think I am going to go to that. For sue I will if Ron is speaking.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Way cool.

Bunkloco

At Ravens games, hand out fliers about Chris Carr endorsing Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cdc482 View Post
    At Ravens games, hand out fliers about Chris Carr endorsing Ron Paul
    Very good idea.

This thread has sure put a smile on my face. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johncjackson View Post
    Nice! I lived in the "$#@!house" area of MD for 26 years- moved around 6 years ago. I found it tough to get anything going in that area as far as pro-liberty politics went.
    It has been hard. Going back to 2007 it was hard getting people involved and multiple attemps to get C4L going in this area has not gone well at all but people are really starting to come around.

Awesome!

We had a great showing atvour Monday meeting too--best this cycle. We've always had a pretty healthy variety as far as demographics go, and this was no exception. At least 8 women, some young guys who are in the military, our usual crowd of white guys in the 20-40 range, lots of older gentlemen. At least 40 people--we were expecting about 20. We also had a US Senate candidate in attendance, who sounded like he took a page right out of Ron's book. Very impressed with him! Haha, wgen asked about foreign aid to Israel, he said he'd cut ALL aid... one of our regulars yelled, "Why do you hate Jews?!" Pretty funny, as we all knew he was kidding, but the guy was definitely taken aback. We gave him the type of questions Fox throws at Ron, and he handled it all beatifully. Awesome to have a candidate in PA who would be an ally to Rand in the Senate.

Great story, tell them to keep it up!
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

I have a friend in Maryland, I'd like to put him in contact with your group. PM me.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Threads like this make it all worth while -- thanks for the encouraging post -- keep up the good work!

I'm also in md (baltimore county) and would like to know of any good meetup groups in the area. Eastern shore is too far away

Arklatex

We are the ultimate Cinderella story.

CHARGE!!!!!

"I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Yes! This is everywhere. Just watch.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast