Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Campaign Rejects Trump Iowa Debate

Exclamation Ron Paul Campaign Rejects Trump Iowa Debate

Ron Paul Campaign Rejects Trump Iowa Debate

Trump’s participation will contribute to circus-like
    atmosphere and is odd considering his slight to RPI

ANKENY, Iowa – The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign released the following statement concerning the selection of Donald Trump as moderator for the December 27th Republican debate to be held in Iowa. Below please find comments from Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton

“The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee rejects the selection of Donald Trump as moderator for the Republican presidential debate to be held on December 27th

“We have conferred with our Iowa campaign chairman Drew Ivers and vice-chairmen David Fischer and A.J. Spiker who are all RPI State Central Committee Members, and they concur with this decision.

“The selection of a reality television personality to host a presidential debate that voters nationwide will be watching is beneath the office of the Presidency and flies in the face of that office’s history and dignity. Mr. Trump’s participation as moderator will distract from questions and answers concerning important issues such as the national economy, crushing federal government debt, the role of the federal government, foreign policy, and the like. To be sure, Mr. Trump’s participation will contribute to an unwanted circus-like atmosphere.

“Mr. Trump’s selection is also wildly inappropriate because of his record of toying with the serious decision of whether to compete for our nation’s highest office, a decision he appeared to make frivolously. The short-lived elevation of Mr. Trump’s stature as a candidate put him on the radar of many organizations and we recall that last spring he was invited to keynote the Republican Party of Iowa’s annual Reagan Dinner, yet at the last minute he left RPI holding the bag by canceling. In turn, RPI canceled its biggest fundraising gala of the year and suffered embarrassment and in addition RPI was required to engage in refunding measures. Our candidate will not even consider participating in the late-December debate until Mr. Trump publicly apologizes to Iowa party leaders and rectifies in full the situation.

“Therefore our candidate Ron Paul, the champion of the Constitution, has advised he will not attend.”
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 12-03-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That does it, Perry won't have someone to ask for help now...
    Join us technology people on IRC: irc.freenode.net #ronpaultech

Hmmm. I can see the good and the bad in this.

AWESOME. I love how the press release pre-disqualifies Trump for the office of President, should he decide to run (again).
    It also simultaneously gives the Iowa Republicans credibility, and makes Ron sound like a SERIOUS candidate for the non-frivolous job of President of the USA.
    Last edited by wgadget; 12-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Nice. Great quotes! Benton strikes again!

Awesome . Good to see the campaign making inroads with the Republican Party in Iowa and completely trashing this garbage "debate".

We'll see you when you run as an independent next year, Trump.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good. It's a bunch of crap anyway. Donald Trump is a scum sucker.

Don't like this. Shouldn't be pulling out of debates and now we'll have Trump talking junk about Ron having no chance anyways.

Eh...i think its a mistake. Ron needs all the exposure he can get and he is snuffed much too much as it is. Sure, yes, this is a complete media fluff circus and to advertise the trump name and give him 'presidential exposure', but Ron still needs to be there to get himself noticed and voiced as much as possible. Take for instance, the Iowa Family Leader. He never should have attended as he had no chance of being endorsed based on the atmosphere and the type of voters, but still, he made himself known and was able to get his message out there. It is also going to lead to more Trump bashing on Ron now...baah.
    Last edited by Student Of Paulism; 12-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.

They could've made it briefer by Ron just saying to Trump, "You're fired!"

Yeah, that's the bad part I see about it. Circus or not, there are going to be a lot of people watching Trump moderate anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Student Of Paulism View Post
    Eh...i think its a mistake. Ron needs all the exposure he can get and he is snuffed much too much as it is. Sure, yes, this is a complete media fluff circus and to advertise the trump name and give him 'presidential exposure', but Ron still needs to be there to get himself noticed and voiced as much as possible. Take for instance, the Iowa Family Leader. He never should have attended as he had no chance of being endorsed based on the atmosphere and the type of voters, but still, he made himself known and was able to get his message out there. It is also going to lead to more Trump bashing on Ron now...baah.
    Who cares about Trump? Trump has proven he has no class.

(imo) Great decision!
    This was going to be a hatchet job, anyway ...

Thank you, Ron!!!

I just posted it but I'll delete that one. I am SO glad.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Less than a week before the caucus??? What??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Student Of Paulism View Post
    I disagree. It's a joke to have Trump as a moderator. More candidates may follow Paul and Huntsman.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Don't like this. Shouldn't be pulling out of debates and now we'll have Trump talking junk about Ron having no chance anyways.
    who cares what Trump says? He's going to 'announce his endorsement' right after the debate, Apprentice style, and anyone there will look like they are pandering for it. Picking him was a revolting idea.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Like a boss is right!
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Ugh, just go, hate missing the only debate the final two weeks before the election. If Santorum/Newt/Romney/Bachmann/Perry have a debate, it makes Paul not look like a serious contender for Iowa.

Trump or no Trump... it is the last debate before the Iowa Caucus. Many people may make their final decision based on this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    Who cares about Trump? Trump has proven he has no class.
    Of course, not disputing that, but he DOES have his followers, and as we know, there are all too many sheep out there who will buy into any of his flaming on Ron. I just don't believe it's a good idea to snuff yourself out like that. As Aqua said, A LOT of people will be watching this, and who knows, they see Ron, may agree with him, research him, and boom, they get converted. Hell, that is how most of us became believers.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's not the point. Someone needs to make a stand to this nonsense. Everything in the news these days can be defined by one word: sensationalism. I am sick of it and I commend the campaign on ending this garbage. Think about this for a second.

Greta invited Sarah Palin to give advice to the other Republican candidates on what they should do. This comes from the lady that left her office in middle of her term. This is the lady that lost her VP bid in 2008. Who is she to give advice to anyone?

Hannity has Sarah Palin on to discuss the GOP nomination on who is good and who isn't. Again, who is she to decide this?

The media outlets talk about Herman Cain more than they talk about the issues.

This has to end and I think the campaign is putting a line in the sand. Enough with this garbage. Donald Trump? Who the hell is he to become a moderator? What the hell has he done in the world of politics or journalism? Give me a break...
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by jsingh1022 View Post
    Trump or no Trump... it is the last debate before the Iowa Caucus. Many people may make their final decision based on this debate.
    The Des Moines Register debate should be the last before the caucus. This one was presumptuous to begin with.

I doubt many people will watch this debate - and i'm hoping more candidates will follow Huntsman and Paul's lead. Plus Paul will probably get a ton of positive IA press for this. Trump is a buffoon and I'm glad Dr. Paul isn't putting up with him.

IN YOUR FACE DONALD!
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    The Des Moines Register debate should be the last before the caucus. This one was presumptuous to begin with.
    http://www.2012presidentialelectionn...bate-schedule/

The DM Register date was scheduled for 12/19 and has been merged with ABC's 12/10 debate. Trump's 12/27 is actually the last debate before 1/3.

I agreed with Dante though, many people may not watch. It is airing on Newsmax and Ion TV... Does anyone even have those channels? Is it an Iowa thing?
    Last edited by jsingh1022; 12-03-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    That's not the point. Someone needs to make a stand to this nonsense. Everything in the news these days can be defined by one word: sensationalism. I am sick of it and I commend the campaign on ending this garbage. Think about this for a second.

Greta invited Sarah Palin to give advice to the other Republican candidates on what they should do. This comes from the lady that left her office in middle of her term. This is the lady that lost her VP bid in 2008. Who is she to give advice to anyone?

Hannity has Sarah Palin on to discuss the GOP nomination on who is good and who isn't. Again, who is she to decide this?

The media outlets talk about Herman Cain more than they talk about the issues.

This has to end and I think the campaign is putting a line in the sand. Enough with this garbage. Donald Trump? Who the hell is he to become a moderator? What the hell has he done in the world of politics or journalism? Give me a break...
    You are SO RIGHT. The whole process has become cheapened and dumbed-down. I salute Ron for drawing the line and trying to keep some semblance of integrity in the process. To me, the worst part is where Trump says he'll determine who he's voting for from his debate...UGH.
    Last edited by wgadget; 12-03-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast