Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Iowa City for Ron Paul" needs $900 immediately to open an office! Chip-in Included!

"Iowa City for Ron Paul" needs $900 immediately to open an office! Chip-in Included!

Your donations will go directly to Randi Shannon in Iowa City, IA, who is trying to move fast and open an office for Phone Banking, Volunteer Caucus Training, and other activities to help Ron Paul take Iowa by storm! The campaign is NOT financing this, so they need to go their own avenue with this and so need us to help.

Here is the Chip-in - donate now (US donations only for this)! They need to move fast with opening an office:
    http://iowacolleges4rp.chipin.com/io...ssroots-office

Here is a statement from Randi Shannon, posted on Facebook Group called "Iowa City for Ron Paul":
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/iowacity4ronpaul/

We have secured a Headquarters office if you will, in Coralville, Iowa. The office is 410 1st Ave, Coralville. Same strip mall area as Bruegers Bagels. The office is $1000.00 We have $200 in donations so far. We need another $800 for the office and approx. $70'ish for internet (still getting the price for that). It is 1800 square feet and there is some furniture, it's very beautiful and modern-huge glass front for Ron Paul signs.

Please give what you can. We'd like to move in by Sunday and we have it through Jan 5th.

We will be phone banking from approx. 9am to 8:30 pm daily-thru the Caucus. We will also be able to train volunteers in one central location. It will be a supply hub. The owner is a Ron Paul fan and so are some of the neighbors!! Who wants to plug in and help? We have till Sunday to pay him-please help us make this happen! Thank you!
    Again, I started this chip-in, but the money you donate goes directly to Randi Shannon in Iowa, not me. Let's keep this US donations only.

Edited to add:

They already raised $300 in contributions from before this Chip-in was started - this chip-in is for the balance of expenses remaining. And they need to get the rest of the money rapidly, so they can secure the office space, otherwise the landlord will rent it to the next interested person next week.
    Last edited by D.A.S.; 12-08-2011 at 07:48 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hope they get the funds!
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    Hope they get the funds!
    So do I - this is Iowa, people... This is exactly what we need. Help out with whatever you can afford.

See if you can get it on DailyPaul

Quote Originally Posted by degen View Post
    See if you can get it on DailyPaul
    That's what I'm working on now...

How do we know the phone banking overlap the campaigns phone banking?

Quote Originally Posted by zerosdontcount View Post
    How do we know the phone banking overlap the campaigns phone banking?
    You can go to Iowa City for Ron Paul Facebook Group and ask Randi yourself:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/iowacity4ronpaul/

I don't know the specifics, but the point is the campaign isn't financing this, so they need other monetary avenues to open that office. This is basically the work a campaign office would do, but this is being called the Grassroots Office at this time, since the campaign isn't involved in financing this.

campaign isn't involved in financing this. why not?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endthefednow View Post
    campaign isn't involved in financing this. why not?
    Per Randi Shannon of "Iowa City For Ron Paul" Facebook Group:

We are 1-2 days away from making a decision on an office for Johnson County. This would come from donations from supporters. We've been told the campaign does not have the funds for an office -- so it is up to us. Can we count on you for a donation directly to the future office space-a 1 month rental. If so please pledge here or message me privately. Thank you.
    By the way, they already have $300 in contributions from before the Chip-in was started - this chip-in is for the balance of expenses remaining. And they need to get the rest of the money rapidly, so they can secure the office space, otherwise the landlord will rent it to the next interested person next week.

Why are there doubts about this? Here's your change to help IOWANS... IN IOWA... organize for Ron Paul! I guess I don't understand the suspicions being expressed so far!
    Last edited by D.A.S.; 12-08-2011 at 07:47 PM.

There was an article today stating that the Ron Paul Campaign has ONLY 5 PAID STAFF in Iowa. The rest of the Campaign Operation is run by volunteers like Randi Shannon.

The Campaign is running IOWA with an extremely SMALL PAID STAFF.

Is there any question that without the RP Grassroots the Campaign would be a shadow of itself.

CHIP IN PLEASE.....a great project to support.....

Seems like a great cause to me. I'll vouch for Randi and the Iowa City group as much as I can. I visit their Iowa City Facebook group fairly regularly and they (and Randi in particular) are always posting about canvassing, sign waves and phonebanking. A very active group in a town that could be VERY fertile recruiting ground for Dr. P due to it being home to the University of Iowa.

Please contribute if you are able!

Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    Seems like a great cause to me. I'll vouch for Randi and the Iowa City group as much as I can. I visit their Iowa City Facebook group fairly regularly and they (and Randi in particular) are always posting about canvassing, sign waves and phonebanking. A very active group in a town that could be VERY fertile recruiting ground for Dr. P due to it being home to the University of Iowa.

Please contribute if you are able!
    And not only that....

They will be TRAINING CAUCUS VOLUNTEERS to caucus successfully for Dr. Paul... How can anyone doubt the worthiness of this cause? Please give them the money they need!

Don't have the funds for an office? wtf...lol

Gave what I had left on my account, which was not a lot unfortunately.

Is there any other way to chipin without paypal? It doesn't like me.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thank you so much to those who are contributing... My bank account is near-empty as well, but I gave to this very important cause.

This is for Iowa - without winning Iowa, we got nothing. And it needs to be a convincing win. So any volunteer efforts in Iowa are CRITICAL and must be supported. Here on the Forums, we whine a lot about how we're not doing well enough in Iowa or how we can't rest on our laurels - this is your chance to support the physical efforts right in Iowa, by Iowans!

Please, folks, donate what you can.

Donated a little bit because this seems important. Unfortunately I'm pretty much tapped out already from the recent moneybomb. I don't understand why the campaign isn't funding this. I think it's more important than TV ads that most people just tune out anyway. Plus, buying commercial time is just giving our money right to the enemy (corporate media). It just seems like it would go a lot further working on the ground game. I mean, 5 paid staff in Iowa? A state that Ron Paul himself has acknowledged is pretty much a must win. Are they going to be able to coordinate the 500 students who are supposedly coming over Christmas vacation? I'm sure the campaign has valid reasons for doing the things they do but it is sort of perplexing ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by gls View Post
    Donated a little bit because this seems important. Unfortunately I'm pretty much tapped out already from the recent moneybomb. I don't understand why the campaign isn't funding this. I think it's more important than TV ads that most people just tune out anyway. Plus, buying commercial time is just giving our money right to the enemy (corporate media). It just seems like it would go a lot further working on the ground game. I mean, 5 paid staff in Iowa? A state that Ron Paul himself has acknowledged is pretty much a must win. Are they going to be able to coordinate the 500 students who are supposedly coming over Christmas vacation? I'm sure the campaign has valid reasons for doing the things they do but it is sort of perplexing ATM.
    I think the sad truth is that the Campaign is really cash-strapped right now, and they are having to make some really hard choices. I mean, the fact that they held the mini-bomb before the Tea Party moneybomb says it all, and the Vets Day moneybomb didn't bring in that much money. They've been spending a lot trying to stay competitive, but it's getting tough for them!

Regarding the "U.S. donations only" - is this some sort of PAC? Can persons who have "maxed out" to the campaign still contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Regarding the "U.S. donations only" - is this some sort of PAC? Can persons who have "maxed out" to the campaign still contribute?
    Absolutely, maxed out donors are in fact NEEDED here. No, it isn't a PAC. Just the good ol' grassroots chip-in. But since this is used directly for election-driving operations on the ground, we want to make sure there's no foreign money involved here, as per the law.

If you're maxed out to the campaign, you're absolutely eligible to contribute here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The chip-in is now up to $500 out of $900! Great!

Let's keep at it, to give the good volunteers in Iowa the tools they need to do their job!
    Last edited by D.A.S.; 12-08-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Post the chipin here, on the Daily Paul, and on Ron Paul 2012 fan facebook page with 270,000 likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric21ND View Post
    Post the chipin here, on the Daily Paul, and on Ron Paul 2012 fan facebook page with 270,000 likes.
    I do have it here, on Daily Paul, and promoting it via Twitter... Which is the facebook fan page?

bump

Less than $300 to go. Chip in $10! Efforts like this are instrumental in winning the caucus.

Best of luck in Iowa.
    Last edited by The_Ruffneck; 12-09-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Just chipped in $25.00. Excellent cause, thanks for your time and energy to the cause of liberty.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast