Thread: Will not attend Trump debate, Trump responds; Will debate Newt in Lincoln-Douglas Debate

Will not attend Trump debate, Trump responds; Will debate Newt in Lincoln-Douglas Debate

The Huntsman campaign also announced Friday that the candidate would not be participating in a Dec. 27 debate moderated by Donald Trump in Des Moines, Iowa. "Lol. We look forward to watching Mitt and Newt suck-up to The Donald with a big bowl of popcorn," wrote Huntsman spokesman Tim Miller in an email to Business Insider.

Huntsman also has accepted an invitation to do a one-on-one debate with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich in New Hampshire. The two will meet in Windham for a Lincoln-Douglas-style debate with tea party activists on Dec. 12.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1126228.html

Trump responds:

He has no chance of winning anyway so that's good because we can have more time for the people who are a serious candidates. And the other thing is Governor Huntsman called my office asking for a meeting and I didn't call him back, which I could have and should have. But he called my office asking for a meeting, and I'm sure, being a Mormon, he will absolutely confirm that. So that's one of those things.
    I don't know about the other candidates, but I think most of them would want to do it. I think it would get high ratings and we have some very serious questions.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the...#ixzz1fTOpusKA

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    and with cain probably dropping out later today, ron will be getting a bit more time in these upcoming debates.

This would normally be a shrewd move (prop up Huntsman to hurt Romney), except, unlike the Cain-Gingrich debate, it's not likely anyone will really care or pay attention to a Gingrich-Huntsman one. Plus Huntsman isn't even competing in Iowa.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 12-03-2011 at 08:17 AM.

This is a joke.. I hope Ron doesnt do it either but i think he has to... Nobody watches Ion network anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthbrooklyn View Post
    This is a joke.. I hope Ron doesnt do it either but i think he has to... Nobody watches Ion network anyway...
    I agree

ion network?
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

So it's acceptable for Huntsman to debate Newt one-on-one, but not Ron...WHY?

Not participating in the Donald Trump debate seems like a big mistake, the Donald will talk junk about you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.