Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul on CNN State Of The Union (12/4) 9am ET - OFFICIAL THREAD

Thumbs up Ron Paul on CNN State Of The Union (12/4) 9am ET - OFFICIAL THREAD

Ron Paul will be on CNN's State of the Union at 9am ET (12/4/11) - This is the official thread!
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 12-03-2011 at 01:17 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like he's getting some solid time on the tubez lately.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

OP..its your duty to post the tube link....when it becomes available.

thankyou.

Just corrected the date in the op
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

bump
    Matt Ross - Organizer, Monroe County, Pennsylvania
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/887/

Can't wait for him to have to answer questions about Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, and Donald Trump, with nothing regarding policy or Ron's ideas.

Thanks, Benton and crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Tubez?

Very good interview, they even plugged his cookbook at the end!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad he got to say the true unemployment numbers. That's important for people to know.

Drat. I missed it I guess. /grumble

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    Tubez?
    Tubez???

I just remembered two numbers Crowley rattled off in that interview: 20,000 pledges from Iowans to go out and caucus for Ron Paul. She said that there were 120k people total 4 years ago, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    I just remembered two numbers Crowley rattled off in that interview: 20,000 pledges from Iowans to go out and caucus for Ron Paul. She said that there were 120k people total 4 years ago, or something like that.
    I also think I've heard expectations of a lower turn out this year.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

I lol'd when Ron said about Trump "laying on hands and anointing"
    I hope it becomes a part of the Ron Paul PWNS series.
    Last edited by Patrick Henry; 12-04-2011 at 09:13 AM.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

20K is the number Pauls team put out. I highly doubt that is the real number because the campaign isn't going to give away info like that. I HOPE they are underplaying it, but ya never know. Huck won with 40K so that is a good guideline.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

She never did explain what that last number (30) was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Boy View Post
    30 days until Iowa Caucus.
    Ahhh. I guess it helps to read the stuff at the top of the graphic.

MSNBC just showed Ron in a tie with Obama in head to head poll. 42-42 . Headline, Surprise in Poll

Always the electable question. Wish he was that calm and collected last night during the forum.
    Last edited by Feelgood; 12-04-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

loveshiscountry

Better audio
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 12-04-2011 at 09:39 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Mine has better video. Wanna fight about it?

At the end of the segment talking about unemployment, Paul needs to always end with, "THATS WHY IM RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.. because the people deserve X, X, X, X... If you elect me , I will do X, X, X, X...." Just rattling off statistics turn mainstream people off...

Somebody get our guy a Media Coach....

Quote Originally Posted by Darthbrooklyn View Post
    Somebody get our guy a Media Coach....
    He has one. Anyway, he did well.

Candy Crowley asked Ron Paul about his ability to beat Obama.

Instead of using the new Maris poll or other similar polls that show Paul doing well with independents and democrats, she showed a poll of "likely Republican voters," asking them who had the best chance to beat Obama. Not surprisingly, only 4% thought he had the best chance of beating Obama.

I guess none of those surveyed had heard, from CNN for example, how he actually polls with independents and democrats. So they're playing Catch-22 of sorts, hiding great information about Ron Paul by asking people who don't know the information. That's dirty tricks right there.

This isn't the first time this technique has shown up in this election cycle, either.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    He has one. Anyway, he did well.
    I know he did well but he has to maximize the airtime he gets. He needs to connect with the people more by making it crystal clear how voting for him will benefit the voters directly.. He gets half way there by talking about what is wrong, but needs to close the sale by talking about how he is the man to fix it. For example, "the economy is messed up because of x, x, and x, that is why I am best suited for the presidency because I offer the people, x, x, and x.."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast