Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Dakota Proposes Eliminating Property Taxes

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

North Dakota Proposes Eliminating Property Taxes

Pretty excited to hear this.

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/11/...th-dakota.html

North Dakota citizens may abolish property taxes, allowing them more control over government spending. Nearly 30,000 signatures were collected to place the people's initiative on the ballot in June, 2012 that would constitutionally abolish all property taxes in North Dakota.

This landmark measure supports property rights, small government and freedom advocates around the country.

If the initiative is successful, North Dakota will be the first state to abolish all property taxes, both state and local, and will provide a model for the other states to do the same. North Dakota may be the first state to kick off the property rights revolution!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This would be awesome, but I'll believe it when i see it...
    BWAAAahahahahaha

(aka, the fabled Mogambo Laugh Of Anger, Outrage And Scorn (MLOAOAS))

***FYI, I am not The Real Mogambo Guru (TRMG)***

This is the best news I've heard today. I always love to read stories where people are actually standing up for their rights, and this is no different. Helps me keep going, ya know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogambo Guru View Post
    This would be awesome, but I'll believe it when i see it...
    the feds and their lapdogs are going full-tilt to stop this in it's tracks!!!:

The NEA has pledged $4-5 million to fight passage of the measure -- this in a state where a Senate race costs less than $1 million. They clearly see the national impact this measure will generate and want to stop it before any other states get any bright ideas.

wow. i would seriously consider moving to ND if this happened (even though cold weather and i don't like each other much).

Great news. I'm actually thinking of moving there to Williston. Not many jobs to be had in the S.E. and am researching the job opportunities there.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The NEA has pledged $4-5 million to fight passage of the measure -- this in a state where a Senate race costs less than $1 million. They clearly see the national impact this measure will generate and want to stop it before any other states get any bright ideas.
    Damn it, screw them! This really is a bright idea, thought up by a populace who is sick and tired of government and wants more control over what they own. I pray to God this passes, and I hope it starts a domino effect where state after state follows suit... a guy can dream, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Fantastic possibility--wish I had more hope that it'd actually pass.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

For all the false hype of New Hampshire being the "freest state", the mid-west is where liberty is growing wild. Dakotas, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Montana, etc.

I'd seriously consider moving to N. Dakota if they passed this.

FYI: Horrible Thread Title. Thread Titles should be search friendly and content relevant.

A proper thread title for this one would be North Dakota Proposes Eliminating Property Taxes

Sorry, my new pet peeve...

If this passes, I might finally realize my dream of being the Lawrence Welk Birthplace Museum curator in Strasburg, North Dakota.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    FYI: Horrible Thread Title. Thread Titles should be search friendly and content relevant.

A proper thread title for this one would be North Dakota Proposes Eliminating Property Taxes

Sorry, my new pet peeve...
    agreed ... title changed

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    If this passes, I might finally realize my dream of being the Lawrence Welk Birthplace Museum curator in Strasburg, North Dakota.
    Dare to dream buddy, dare to dream.

Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I found the study used to back up the proposal. Still reading through it but figured I would share.

http://www.policynd.org/images/uploa...tamp_Final.pdf
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

North Dakota has already legalized industrial hemp. They are setting themselves up for an economic boom! Good for them.

The Feds are still screwing with them though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sl33...ayer_embedded#!
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ... and for those that would be interested in moving there if it passes, Fargo is a pretty nice city to live in(for folks who prefer city life that is). I live in Mid West MN not far from Fargo-Moorhead (moorhead is the city on the MN side of the border) and have spent a few years living in moorhead while going to school. I can say first hand that if this passes Moorhead would suffer, as most business is already concentrated in Fargo.

Yes this would be a great opportunity for ND if they can get it done... Imagine, being able to purchase some property there and not have to pay taxes on it each year, it would be a great investment opportunity! ... and right now would be an even better speculative buy with hopes that it does pass.. buy low now before it passes, and reap the rewards later..?
    BWAAAahahahahaha

Are they going to cut spending commensurately? Or are they just going to raise sales taxes? If the latter, then this is not good news.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Are they going to cut spending commensurately? Or are they just going to raise sales taxes? If the latter, then this is not good news.
    I would still consider it good news.. At least your not paying a tax just for owning a property...

Isnt a flat tax better than having property taxes?
    BWAAAahahahahaha

Cool , how are they going to pay for those prairie schools though ??

I've been on the fence about buying property in North Dakota versus Wyoming or maybe closer to home, like South Carolina. But if the people of ND pass this bill, or even if they come close, they'll sway my decision strongly in their favor.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

I hate the cold but would give anything to actually be able to move some where and live as a free man. But I am not going to get my hopes up since it has not passed yet and we do not even know if this includes eliminating school or county property taxes?

What is wrong with people in this country. Every day I am in disbelief with people that are indignant that this is a free country and we are fighting for freedom when that could not be farther from the truth because of PROPERTY TAXES. Meanwhile every other issue is debated by people and the media but when do you hear about this most basic right.

This by far should be the number one issue in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Cool , how are they going to pay for those prairie schools though ??
    parents?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Property taxes are basically extortion, especially in the Northeast and California.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I disagree. If they don't cut spending immediately, people still can spend less and not pay the taxes, and at the same time pressure the government to cut the spending so that sales taxes will be lower. Once that happens, they can choose to spend more. The thing about a sales tax is that there are more ways to avoid it when it relates to buying non-essential taxes. Buying them later could mean paying lower taxes, which should give you an incentive to try to get spending cuts in the meantime.
    Last edited by low preference guy; 12-01-2011 at 12:42 PM.

I would imagine any businesses planning on building would strongly consider moving operations to ND if this passed... It could potentially bring in a lot of new industry to the state.
    BWAAAahahahahaha

parents?
    Cool, you think they would do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Cool, you think they would do that ?
    There is an energy boom going on up there. So maybe they are counting on that revenue.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

There is an energy boom going on up there. So maybe they are counting on that revenue.
    Yeah , they are drilling and have only three percent unemployment.

I noticed the quote in your signature doesn't have that little arrow. Here is the fix:

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Lowry View Post
    I'm banning everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast