Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: files formal FEC complaint against media bias

files formal FEC complaint against media bias

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/11/1...ical-donation/

Read the link, this topic has nothing to do with Ron vs Gary. It is a complimentary position to our cause, without Ron being the one who throws himself under the bus.
    Last edited by Crystallas; 11-15-2011 at 09:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It belongs in opposing candidates, because he is an opposing candidate. We are for Ron Paul here.

If he doesnt drop out before the primaries, ill never support him in the future. He knows he has no shot and knows he'll be takin votes away from Ron.

I have a hard time picturing Ron Paul trying to use government force to tell private companies what to do.
    Last edited by low preference guy; 11-15-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
    If he doesnt drop out before the primaries, ill never support him in the future. He knows he has no shot and knows he'll be takin votes away from Ron.
    Same used to be said about Nader back in '00. If Dr. Paul can't win on his own merit, don't blame Johnson (or anyone else). No one taking votes away from anyone else. People have to earn their votes.

I second this.
    I am the spoon.

That's okay, plenty of others of us think candidates earn votes on their own merits and message and will continue to encourage Johnson to be active in politics.

There are major differences between Paul and Johnson, most notably abortion.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    There are major differences between Paul and Johnson, most notably abortion.
    "Humanitarian" wars. Fair Tax. Foreign policy.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    I have a hard time picturing Ron Paul trying to use government force to tell the private companies what to do.
    Yeah, not too libertarian of him.

Are they private companies, or is it an incestuous media-government glob that protects itself from alternative viewpoints? General Electric is one of the biggest defense contractors and owns NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    Are they private companies, or is it an incestuous media-government glob that protects itself from alternative viewpoints? General Electric is one of the biggest defense contractors and owns NBC.
    Whatever, the government shouldn't tell the media what to do.

Whatever, the government shouldn't tell the media what to do.
    i wonder if johnson has qualified for public financing yet.

Im all for it if someone drops. Way too many people up on stage. Get bachmann, santorum, huntsman to drop in trade for gary.
    I wish I could afford a cool Ron Paul T-shirt or bumper sticker. :-(

He needs to drop out after New Hampshire...he's putting all his chips there.

And you got the same mentality about votes as the mainstream media. Votes cannot be taken away, they are earned. Ron Paul does not own them.

Yeaw you are right you have to earn votes and Johnson may very well be losing future votes that he will never be able to earn.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Way to go off topic in 1 second flat LOL. Thanks guys. Read the link, save the Ron vs GJ for a Ron vs GJ thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas View Post
    Way to go off topic in 1 second flat LOL. Thanks guys. Read the link, save the Ron vs GJ for a Ron vs GJ thread.
    I think less of him because of this and no you can't try and limit critcismof him because you think GJ is not a opposing candidate. He is, just like the rest.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I think less of him because of this and no you can't try and limit critcismof him because you think GJ is not a opposing candidate. He is, just like the rest.
    Ugh. On THIS TOPIC! The one here, the one presented in the article, he is not in opposition.

I don't think any less of him. I'd still support him in future elections.

Ugh. On THIS TOPIC! The one here, the one presented in the article, he is not in opposition.
    His position is in opposition to Dr. Pauls on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    His position is in opposition to Dr. Pauls on this topic.
    Wait, so Ron doesn't think the media is picking winners and losers, and giving unfair time on debates? hmmmmm?

Wait, so Ron doesn't think the media is picking winners and losers, and giving unfair time on debates? hmmmmm?
    He doesn't think you should whine and complain to the govt and get the govt to tell the media what to do, he'd argue the marketplace should decide. Using the government is what statists do.

Next ya know GJ will arguing for the fairness doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    He doesn't think you should whine and complain to the govt and get the govt to tell the media what to do, he'd argue the marketplace should decide. Using the government is what statists do.

Next ya know GJ will arguing for the fairness doctrine.

When the media is in bed with the government, there is no free market of media. I wouldn't expect or support Ron to file a FEC complaint, but someone else doing it, now, at this point and time of the primaries, has the potential to put a ton of pressure on the media, and favor Ron. It can backfire on Gary, but it wont backfire on Ron.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When the media is in bed with the government, there is no free market of media. I wouldn't expect or support Ron to file a FEC complaint, but someone else doing it, now, at this point and time of the primaries, has the potential to put a ton of pressure on the media, and favor Ron. It can backfire on Gary, but it wont backfire on Ron.
    *triple facepalm*

Since there is no free market, maybe the government should regulate what I do in my house too. You know that public schools were used to train my employees? Maybe the government has a say because I'm earning money thanks to them!

Going to the government will only enhance the power and links between the government and media. GJ is doing us NO favors.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Going to the government will only enhance the power and links between the government and media. GJ is doing us NO favors.
    As Judge Nap would say. Don't tell Judges they are part of the Government. (Assuming they don't legislate.)

*triple facepalm*

Since there is no free market, maybe the government should regulate what I do in my house too. You know that public schools were used to train my employees? Maybe the government has a say because I'm earning money thanks to them!
    *quadruple * infinity facepalm*

hyperbole much?

*quadruple * infinity facepalm*

hyperbole much?
    The precedent of the government telling the media what to do will encourage further restrictions on freedom of speech, whether they're in bed with the government or not. You're against freedom of speech. You should re-examine your position.

Precedent? The government already tells the media what to do.

The FCC???

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast