Thread: Louisiana - Dec 15 deadline to register to vote and to register Republican

Louisiana - Dec 15 deadline to register to vote and to register Republican

The deadline to register to vote or switch party affiliation to Republican is December 15 to participate in the District Caucus, which may occur in January (date has not been set).

If you are not currently registered to vote, you MUST register to vote and register Republican by December 15.

If you are currently registered to vote, you MUST be a registered Republican by December 15.

Please check your voter registration status here:
    https://voterportal.sos.la.gov/

You can register to vote or change your party affiliation online here:
    http://www.sos.la.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=955

You can register to vote or change your party affiliation by filling out the voter registration form here:
    http://www.sos.la.gov/Portals/0/elec..._Rev05-11_.pdf

We have one month to get all the students registered to vote and to get the Independents/Libertarians/Democrats registered Republican. Please make sure all your friends are aware of this deadline.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    malkusm is butt hurt.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Off topic: Temper, temper.

On topic, spread this on social networking sites like wildfire...
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 11-16-2011 at 09:56 PM.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

26 days left to get people registered to vote and registered Republican.

Question:

I have a residence in Texas and one in Louisiana. I am from Texas and have always been registered there. This cycle should I switch to Louisiana or stay with Texas?
    Which one is better strategically.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustancostine View Post
    Question:

I have a residence in Texas and one in Louisiana. I am from Texas and have always been registered there. This cycle should I switch to Louisiana or stay with Texas?
    Which one is better strategically.
    I think Louisiana would be better strategically because it holds a caucus and a primary while Texas will hold only a primary.

Caucuses have lower turnouts than primaries so your vote in the Louisiana caucus will have a greater impact. The problem though is that you have to vote in person at the caucus. The date of the caucus has not been set but it is likely to occur in January. If it is in January, then it will also be important because of its "early state" status.

If you are unsure if you can make it to the caucus, then I'm not sure which state would be better strategically because TX's primary is before LA's primary.

Registration over in LA???

Did they caucus yet or did it even count?

I am in Texas and I am thinking about driving out to NW LA area nad handing out Flyers , talking to people one on one and getting them to vote Ron Paul.

Any info on the LA gop and if I should even try to come out that way? I was thinking about staying in the NW area.