Thread: Miles of mysterious striped network grids discovered in Chinese desert

Miles of mysterious striped network grids discovered in Chinese desert

The Chinese never cease to amaze me:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...171915802.html

Here's a new geological conundrum courtesy of the Mysterious East: A group of people studying online maps stumbled across a series of strange patterns in the Chinese desert large enough to be seen from space. The unusual white designs appear to have been etched into the ground and their creators clearly don't lack for ambition: They are over one mile long and 3,000 feet wide. The researchers have yet to identify the silver or white material used to fabricate these outsize desert grids.

You can see a detailed satellite view of the desert pattern here.

So why would the Chinese government--or anyone, for that matter--go to such trouble to paint such gigantic stripes on such remote territory? People analyzing the photos suggest the Chinese military may have constructed them as space-targeting grids.

According to Gizmodo, the various patterned sites are located in Dunhuang, Jiuquan, Gansu, north of the Shule River. The Shule crosses the Tibetan Plateau to the west into the Kumtag Desert—meaning that the painted sites would serve as an ideal, isolated location for training in military targeting.

Slash Gear notes that in one of the grid photos, you can see three structures that are destroyed or partially standing, "as if they were for target practice." Another image of the grid clearly shows aircraft resting in the pattern's inner circle.
    A vote against Ron Paul is a vote for Obama

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...22#post4013522

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance...it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure proof that the chinese are communicating with aliens.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    Sure proof that the chinese are communicating with aliens.
    Landing strips for the ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Landing strips for the ships.

My initial impression also
    “It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.” -Voltaire

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." -Frederick Nietzsche

"The Republican form of government is the highest form of government: but because of this it requires the highest type of human nature, a type nowhere at present existing." -Herbert Spencer

Chester Copperpot

looks fake to me...

i was hoping to see some similarities with the nazca lines and surrounding areas...

I'm not surprised that space aliens would become chummy with the Chicomms. I always figured that aliens were communists.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'm not surprised that space aliens would become chummy with the Chicomms. I always figured that aliens were communists.
    Communists could not go from rock to rock let alone feed them selfs. Now if these aliens where somewhat like insects they could be communists.

I don't know how a species could have the intelligence to develop the technology to come here without having a sense of self and not just the community. That would seem to make it a some what unnatural economy to have for them as well.

No, I just don't see communist space aliens. I guess you may find one or two but most would just be like aliens from a rock somewhere but not really affiliated with the aliens there. So some may go around giving the others a bad name, even though the aliens back home are totally cool...

But not communist.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Yadan National Geologic Park

They are studying wind erosion.

or so they claim...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doesn't China also have multiple ghost cities, ones that were built in recent years but never inhabited? They seem to have their own bubble with all kinds of misallocated resources.

our star trek future is communist.
    of course, replicators that generate every need you have out of pure energy from an star like energy source would make production irrelavent... but who cares about the reality of economics.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by legion View Post
    Yadan National Geologic Park

They are studying wind erosion.

or so they claim...
    Well , they do have a serious desertification and erosion problem.

If a hyper-advanced race turns out to be Communist, does that disprove libertarianism and relegate us to religious fanatics?

Are the "lines" following the contours of the area? If so they might just be roads. Looks like there are hills in the area with wind-erosion on the snow visible in the photos.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    If a hyper-advanced race turns out to be Communist, does that disprove libertarianism and relegate us to religious fanatics?
    Nah , do not even think like that

All "space exploration" up until very recently was done either by fascists, or communists trying to compete with fascists.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    Doesn't China also have multiple ghost cities, ones that were built in recent years but never inhabited? They seem to have their own bubble with all kinds of misallocated resources.
    You have to have back up housing/infrastructure for the inevitable nuclear/conventional war we will have with them.

Has anyone ever heard of Rik Clay?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Screenshot someone, please? Can't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    What works for something like humans doesn't necessarily work for something we can't even fathom from a different planet. It's truly 'apples and oranges'.

And I mean... if they're hyper-advanced, are they because of TIME or 'communism'?

Just way too many factors. You can't simplify it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    And I mean... if they're hyper-advanced, are they because of TIME or 'communism'?
    Great point.