Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul, Fruitcake - This doesn't really change anything *ATTACK*

Smile Ron Paul, Fruitcake - This doesn't really change anything *ATTACK*

Ron Paul, Fruitcake
    Ron Paul raised a buttload of money yesterday. This doesn't really change anything, and everyone knows it!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3459836.shtml

Ehh EMMMM

CHARRRRRRRGGGGEEEE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From his wikipedia page:

"In an interview with Norman Geras he stated that his intellectual heroes were FDR, Isaac Newton, John Maynard Keynes, Edward R. Murrow and Charles Darwin. He also considers Benjamin Franklin his all-time favorite political hero."

Numbers 1 and 3 speak volumes.

Please put this things in the proper area of the forum. C'mon, this is just a hit piece. We've got to stay focused.

The attacks get more childish...good!

So this jackass thinks adherence to the Constitution is an "extreme position"?!
    This just proves how wrong they are and how right we are.

There You Go Msm Sychophants, You Got Your Coverage, Are You Happy Now?

Kill Your Tv.

That Is All.
    THE REPUBLICANS PUT A GIANT, RADIOACTIVE MARMOSET IN MY TOOL SHED.

www.911movement.org

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless dumbass
    They're meaningless, and I wish grown adults who know better would stop pretending otherwise.
    Oh the frigging irony about out grown adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless dumbass
    the last Republican debate I saw, this noted truth-teller gave a strange and convoluted answer about his economic policies that the audience plainly didn't understand.
    Well, I guess there were too many "grown adults" in that audience that couldn't understand a simple "fight war on borrowed money ----> hurt your own country more then ten 9/11s could" chain of logic.
    Screw the big two! Let's all vote Libertarian.

"Seriously, folks. Can we all please grow up?"

Seriously, will you folks just grow up already and allow the state to treat you like children. God.....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think Paul can talk down to this guy's level. This piece is too stupid to even acknowledge.
    "If America is obligated to sacrifice its youth to depose every dictator that emerges, America is not a free, independent country. Its actions are dictated not by its own people, but by the worst elements in the world." ... Harry Browne

I like fruitcake makes me think of a nice Christmas bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Man from La Mancha View Post
    I like fruitcake makes me think of a nice Christmas bomb.

yummy!

Kevin Drum should stick to catblogging.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

CBS NEWS Ron Paul, Fruitcake...

Delete....Dupe
    Last edited by kenc9; 11-06-2007 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenc9 View Post
    Email this guy and give him $#@!! What a Neocon!

By Kevin Drum

(Political Animal) RON PAUL, FRUITCAKE....Ron Paul raised a buttload of money yesterday. This doesn't really change anything, and everyone knows it, but I guess it's something to write about. So people are writing about it.

But look: can we stop pretending to be political infants, even if we happen to be bored this week? It's cheap and easy to take extreme, uncompromising positions when you have no actual chance of ever putting them into practice, so Paul's extreme, uncompromising positions really don't mean a thing. They don't reflect either well or badly on him. They're meaningless, and I wish grown adults who know better would stop pretending otherwise. Ditto for his "record breaking" fundraising day, which is just a function of (a) the growth of the internet as a political money machine and (b) the curious but well-known fact that technophiles are disproportionately libertarian.

But I will say this: if Ron Paul really is suddenly a "serious" candidate, then I expect him to start getting some pointed questions at the next debate. In the last Republican debate I saw, this noted truth-teller gave a strange and convoluted answer about his economic policies that the audience plainly didn't understand. Next time I expect to see some straight talk about how we should return to the gold standard and get rid of the Fed. This should be followed by a question about whether he supports the free coinage of silver at 16:1. Then some questions about the tin trust.

Seriously, folks. Can we all please grow up?
    A "journalist" who uses the words "fruitcake" and "buttload" in his first sentence is telling other folks to "grow up."

What is this guy, 12 years old?

LMAO. Hey buddy - just because you can't understand what he is saying about monetary policy doesn't mean he's the idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian4321 View Post
    A "journalist" who uses the words "fruitcake" and "buttload" in his first sentence is telling other folks to "grow up."

What is this guy, 12 years old?
    Does that permit us to use terms such as "blowhard" and "shill"?
    "Liberty, Peace and Prosperity"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am more offended that he used the term "buttload" instead of "boat load"...

Ron Paul speaks in full sentences and not brief "sound bites" and that confuses people sometimes!

Where's this guys email address? I've got some words for him.

Oh well, i'll just settle for the generic "contact us" at the bottom.

Please direct this comment to Kevin Drum, the author of the recent article "Ron Paul, Fruitcake"

I vehemently disagree. It's no coincidence that multiple polls show major dissatisfaction with both major parties and all branches of government at the same time Ron Paul breaks fundrasing records. Politics as usual and punditry of your sort are what got our nation into thes e troubled times and I intend to do my part to fix it despite your disdain.

Is this guy for real?? Why would CBS post something like this? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPirate View Post
    Is this guy for real?? Why would CBS post something like this? o.O

It has to be a hacked in joke or something. It sounded like a 17 year old Fredhead wrote it.

I'm actually shocked something this juvenile is on CBS's website. Incredible.

However, I do give him positive credit for criticizing the press for not giving Ron Paul enough respect to ask him really challenging questions where he can explain some of his positions, such as on the gold standard.

calpundit@cox.net

I googled for Kevin Drum, e-mail and found it.

What a juvenile and utterly inflammatory post. CBS should be ashamed of having such nonsense on their site. I'd say the best course of action is to contact them and try to have them break their ties with Washington Monthly over such awful content.

And, apparently, Mr. Drum has noticed us:
    http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/arc..._11/012455.php

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

CBS Labels Ron Paul a "Meaningless Fruitcake" With "No Chance" Of Winning

Despite a general begrudging acceptance amongst a large swathe of the corporate media that Ron Paul is a real contender for the Republican nomination following the hugely successful November 5th "money bomb" campaign, a CBS News op-ed piece today labels the Texas Congressman a "meaningless" "fruitcake" with "no chance" of winning.

The article is entitled Ron Paul, Fruitcake and its writer, Kevin Drum, attempts to make the point that anyone who even expresses an interest in the Congressman's campaign is a "political infant" who needs to "grow up".

In reality, it's Drum who needs to grow up - his four paragraph whine reads like the literary equivalent of a baby throwing its toys out of a playpen.

Kevin Drum channels South Park's Officer Barbrady: "Nothing to see here folks. Move along..."

Despite a general begrudging acceptance amongst a large swathe of the corporate media that Ron Paul is a real contender for the Republican nomination following the hugely successful November 5th "money bomb" campaign, a CBS News op-ed piece today labels the Texas Congressman a "meaningless" "fruitcake" with "no chance" of winning.

The article is entitled Ron Paul, Fruitcake and its writer, Kevin Drum, attempts to make the point that anyone who even expresses an interest in the Congressman's campaign is a "political infant" who needs to "grow up".

In reality, it's Drum who needs to grow up - his four paragraph whine reads like the literary equivalent of a baby throwing its toys out of a playpen.

(Article continues below)

"Ron Paul raised a buttload of money yesterday. This doesn't really change anything, and everyone knows it, but I guess it's something to write about. So people are writing about it," seethes Drum.

"But look: can we stop pretending to be political infants, even if we happen to be bored this week? It's cheap and easy to take extreme, uncompromising positions when you have no actual chance of ever putting them into practice, so Paul's extreme, uncompromising positions really don't mean a thing," writes Drum.

"They're meaningless, and I wish grown adults who know better would stop pretending otherwise."

"Seriously, folks. Can we all please grow up?" he concludes.

The words of Officer Barbrady from South Park come to mind - "Nothing to see here folks. Move along..."

On what foundation does Drum claim that Congressman Paul's campaign is irrelevant? His growth curve and fundraising is outstripping any other candidate from either party and bookmakers are slashing his odds of winning the Republican nomination left, right and center.

Granted, the average geriatric Giuliani supporter cited in telephone surveys is going to keep Paul's poll digits low, but the fact that he routinely trounces the opposition in TV and Internet polls and has been widely lauded for shaking up the debates is hardly "meaningless" as Drum claims.

What's really happening here is that, whether wittingly or unwittingly, the establishment minions are terrified that their perch on the peanut gallery can be so forcefully undermined by a grass roots rebellion against the stranglehold of the elite - who carefully screen presidential candidates year after year - ensuring only establishment lackeys ever have a chance of winning.

What the Ron Paul Revolution has created is bigger than whether or not Ron Paul will win the nomination in 2008.

This is about setting a benchmark and getting a foothold in an otherwise stage-managed and contrived electoral process, and having a candidate of the people front and center who the corporate media cannot possibly ignore.

In that sense, the Ron Paul phenomenon is far from "meaningless" and Kevin Drum is the one who needs to "grow up", for his political infancy betrays a complete ignorance of what is taking place.

In addition, if Ron Paul is so "meaningless" then why is Drum, along with an army of other establishment media stooges and Neo-Con cult members, wasting his time in attacking the Congressman?

In the words of William Shakespeare, Methinks this CBS hack doth protest too much.

-----------------------------------------

Grow up ?! Why don't you grow up Drum and realize that people have different views, get your mouth off of Bush's cock !!
    -Dissent is the biggest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson

-Those who give up essential liberty for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety - Benjamin Franklin

-America will never be destroyed from the outside.If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves - Abraham Lincoln

RON PAUL 2008!!!

~bump~

-Those who give up essential liberty for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety - Benjamin Franklin

-America will never be destroyed from the outside.If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves - Abraham Lincoln

RON PAUL 2008!!!

Thanks for sharing this, but please post these types of articles in the "Bad Media Reporting" section.

"I do not believe that ideas have an expiration date"

http://RonPaulIsHope.com

Oh yeah, sorry bout that. I had forgotten about that section.

RON PAUL 2008!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss19562 View Post

Kevin Drum channels South Park's Officer Barbrady: "Nothing to see here folks. Move along..."

(Article continues below)

"Ron Paul raised a buttload of money yesterday. This doesn't really change anything, and everyone knows it, but I guess it's something to write about. So people are writing about it," seethes Drum.

"But look: can we stop pretending to be political infants, even if we happen to be bored this week? It's cheap and easy to take extreme, uncompromising positions when you have no actual chance of ever putting them into practice, so Paul's extreme, uncompromising positions really don't mean a thing," writes Drum.

"They're meaningless, and I wish grown adults who know better would stop pretending otherwise."

"Seriously, folks. Can we all please grow up?" he concludes.

The words of Officer Barbrady from South Park come to mind - "Nothing to see here folks. Move along..."

On what foundation does Drum claim that Congressman Paul's campaign is irrelevant? His growth curve and fundraising is outstripping any other candidate from either party and bookmakers are slashing his odds of winning the Republican nomination left, right and center.

Granted, the average geriatric Giuliani supporter cited in telephone surveys is going to keep Paul's poll digits low, but the fact that he routinely trounces the opposition in TV and Internet polls and has been widely lauded for shaking up the debates is hardly "meaningless" as Drum claims.

What's really happening here is that, whether wittingly or unwittingly, the establishment minions are terrified that their perch on the peanut gallery can be so forcefully undermined by a grass roots rebellion against the stranglehold of the elite - who carefully screen presidential candidates year after year - ensuring only establishment lackeys ever have a chance of winning.

What the Ron Paul Revolution has created is bigger than whether or not Ron Paul will win the nomination in 2008.

This is about setting a benchmark and getting a foothold in an otherwise stage-managed and contrived electoral process, and having a candidate of the people front and center who the corporate media cannot possibly ignore.

In that sense, the Ron Paul phenomenon is far from "meaningless" and Kevin Drum is the one who needs to "grow up", for his political infancy betrays a complete ignorance of what is taking place.

In addition, if Ron Paul is so "meaningless" then why is Drum, along with an army of other establishment media stooges and Neo-Con cult members, wasting his time in attacking the Congressman?

In the words of William Shakespeare, Methinks this CBS hack doth protest too much.

-----------------------------------------

Grow up ?! Why don't you grow up Drum and realize that people have different views, get your mouth off of Bush's cock !!
    There is already this story in the "bad media" section. Hopefully a mod will move it there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast