Thread: we've been hacked!! (mod - seems confined to OPs computer)

we've been hacked!! (mod - seems confined to OPs computer)

I'm getting redirected to the barack obama campaign page when I go to this page or the ronpaul2012.com website! Alert!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Did not happen to me.
    "The woods are lovely, dark, and deep... But I have got promises to keep.. and miles to go before I sleep.." - Robert Frost

Working fine for me as well.
    Mordan on Ron Paul: "But with Trump specifically he decided that Trump was just as bad as Hillary. He is a senile moron for saying that."

Who is "we"? You?

Not for me. You may have adware.

didn't happen to me...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."
    ~Ron Paul

RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

Yea, sounds like a virus perhaps, or may be not, cause I never had this problem and I've been accessing his website all day.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm here posting, and not from obama's site...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Sorry bro, your computer has teh AIDS.

Clear you hosts file, download hijackthis, and/or run trendmicro's housecall.

Same thing happened with a counterfeit pharma company a couple months ago, where RP pages either had the content switched out or were redirected to a pharma website. Some visits, the page would be affected, most visits, it was not. For quite a while, everyone was saying it was adware on the viewer's computer, too, even though Google cached the hijacked pages. So, this is obviously plausible.

What's the exact website you're redirected to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Same thing happened with a counterfeit pharma company a couple months ago, where RP pages either had the content switched out or were redirected to a pharma website. Some visits, the page would be affected, most visits, it was not. For quite a while, everyone was saying it was adware on the viewer's computer, too, even though Google cached the hijacked pages. So, this is obviously plausible.

What's the exact website you're redirected to?
    I was being redirected to barackobama . com. I say was because as of this posting, it hasn't happened anymore. Praying it was some sort of glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by pulp8721 View Post
    I was being redirected to barackobama . com. I say was because as of this posting, it hasn't happened anymore. Praying it was some sort of glitch.
    Alright. I'm not seeing it being posted about anywhere else on the Internet, Google doesn't have archives of the page being affected (at least, not yet), and I can't reproduce it. So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if someone else reports it. Until then, no need to worry. Thanks for telling us.

Edit: Oh - I missed that you were being redirected when you came to RPFs, too. Some were thinking the RP12 site was able to be hacked by a ne'er-do-well last time because of holes in the version of Wordpress it ran. RPFs is a very different kind of website, so having both with the same problem would be pretty extraordinary.

Well if you would stop going to Obama's site, you wouldnt be getting infected.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this the Obama site? If it is you guys all came with me

"Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

wow...I've never been redirected when coming to this site. I'm tough stuff, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12