Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive list of Newt Gingrich positions

This is great. Newt is about to set a new GOP record of fail.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad you like it guys. Keep spreading the info!!

Look for a similar list about Herman Cain (see my signature).
    Opposition Candidate Research Threads for 2016: Donald Trump | Rick Santorum | Jeb Bush | Rick Perry | Marco Rubio | Ben Carson | Chris Christie | Scott Walker | Mike Huckabee | Paul Ryan | Ted Cruz | Bobby Jindal | Carly Fiorina | Hillary Clinton | Bernie Sanders | Elizabeth Warren | Jim Webb | Gary Johnson

{ Visit PoliceStateUSA.com }

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation National ID Card & Round up Dissenters

Wow. How did I not include this????

Newt said in 2007 that we should be rounding up people like Lincoln did. And force everyone to carry a Federalized ID card.

SEIG HEIL NEWT!!

Meet the Press: Meet the Candidates 2008 series, with Tim Russert
    Q: Specifically, how would you win the war in Iraq militarily?

A:
    1) You would empower General Petraeus. You’d pass the supplemental immediately. You’d give him the money.

2) You would encourage the Iraqis to triple the size of their regular army.

3) You would encourage the development of a military tribunal system to lock people up the way Abraham Lincoln would’ve done it.

4) You would establish a nationwide ID card with biometrics so you can actually track everybody in the country.

5) You would make sure that the State Department actually staffed the embassy with people in favor of winning the war and you actually had your fully equipped intelligence and economic development teams.

6) Bring enormous pressure to bear on Iran to cut off everything [assisting with the Iraqi insurgency]. So, we ought to do what it takes to win, not tolerate legislating defeat.
    Opposition Candidate Research Threads for 2016: Donald Trump | Rick Santorum | Jeb Bush | Rick Perry | Marco Rubio | Ben Carson | Chris Christie | Scott Walker | Mike Huckabee | Paul Ryan | Ted Cruz | Bobby Jindal | Carly Fiorina | Hillary Clinton | Bernie Sanders | Elizabeth Warren | Jim Webb | Gary Johnson

Don't see any reason why the citizens of the United States would vote for a man who would divorce and cheat on his wife... Even if he wins the primary highly doubt he would ever win the election.

Exclamation Newt Gingrich: Earned a "D" rating on gun rights

Newt Gingrich has been called out by both the National Association for Gun Rights, as well as the Gun Owners Of America for his history of supporting Gun Control. Newt obviously doesn't understand, despite his obsession with rigid crime and punishment, that the Federal Government has no authority to create these kind of laws.

He was given a "D" rating by the GOA for his willingness to infringe on that which shall not be infringed.

The Inconvenient Truth About Newt | National Association for Gun Rights
    In 1996, Newt Gingrich turned his back on guns and voted for the anti-gun Brady Campaign’s Lautenberg Gun Ban, which strips the Second Amendment rights of citizens involved in misdemeanor domestic violence charges or temporary protection orders –- in some cases for actions as minor as spanking a child or grabbing a spouse’s wrist.(1)

Gingrich even called the anti-gun measure “reasonable,” and predicted that it would sail through his Republican-controlled House of Representatives with little trouble.(2)

Gingrich also stood shoulder to shoulder with Nancy Pelosi to pass the “Criminal Safezones Act” which prevents armed citizens from defending themselves in certain arbitrary locations. You and I both know that Criminal Safezones don’t protect law-abiding citizens, but actually protect the criminals who ignore them.(3)
    Additionally, he's voted for Laser Control too.
    Newt Gingrich on Guns: A Mixed Record - Gun Owners Of America
    Also in 1996, Speaker Gingrich cast his vote for an anti-gun terror bill which contained several harmful provisions. For example, one of the versions he supported (in March of that year) contained a DeLauro amendment that would have severely punished gun owners for possessing a laser sighting device while committing an infraction as minor as speeding on a federal reservation.5 (Not only would this provision have stigmatized laser sights, it would have served as a first step to banning these items.) Another extremely harmful provision was the Schumer amendment to “centralize Federal, State and Local police.”6

Exclamation Newt voted to raise the debt ceiling at least 4 times

Newt has been kicking the can down the road since the days when the debt was manageable. He should have taken a principled stand back then. Of course, he'd have to have principles first.

He voted to raise the debt ceiling four times (one, two, three, and four) that I know of.

Newt is just another 'business as usual' Washington politician. I cannot see a reason to support him now, other than he is "not Obama". That's not good enough for me anymore.
    "Time has come around to the point where the people are agreeing with much of what I've been saying for 30 years."

Congressman Ron Paul

Exclamation Newt wants stronger Patriot Act; skip Due Process for terror suspects

When asked if he would change or repeal the Patriot Act:

"No, I would not change it. I'm not aware of any specific change it needs. And I'd look at strengthening it, because I think the dangers are literally that great." -- Newt Gingrich, 11/22/2011, CNN Debate (source)

Exclamation Gingrich wants a new 'very aggressive' anti-terror agency with extraordinary abilities

Newt Gingrich wants to create another new Federal terror agency that is "very aggressive" in stomping out our rights and has "extraordinary powers" to evade the constitution. Wow. Just wow.

How does anyone in their right mind believe that this guy remotely respects the constitution? Is this the rhetoric it takes to please modern day conservatives in 2012? He makes no bones about wanting more Federal government, and allowing his minions the legal ability to ignore the constitution. Newt, the neo-conservative hero.

Everytime I think that Newt couldn't get any worse, he does. He is much worse than we can imagine. He makes Obama look appealing.

Unbelievable.

Gingrich is FASCISM wrapped in an American flag, carrying a cross.

April 29, 2008:
    Why have we not been hit since 9/11, which is a good question. My first answer is that I honestly don't know. I would have expected another attack. And I particularly thought -- I was very, very worried, and talked to the Administration, when we had the sniper attacks. The sniper attacks were psychologically so frightening to the average person, because of their randomness. I was amazed that the bad guys didn't figure out how to send 10 or 12 sniper teams.

This is, by the way, one of the great tragedies of the Bush Administration. The more successful they've been at intercepting and stopping bad guys, the less proof there is that we're in danger. And therefore the better they've done at making sure there isn't an attack, the easier it is to say that there was never going to be an attack anyways.

And its almost like they should, every once in a while, have allowed an attack to get through, just to remind us. Think about the psychology. Why do we wrap up so many people? Well, because we wiretapped.

And again, I'm going to be a little controversial. I would divide the FBI into two agencies. I would have an anti-domestic-crime FBI which was very cautious, very respectful of civil liberties. You are innocent until proven guilty.

And I would have a small but VERY aggressive anti-terrorism agency. And I would frankly give them EXTRAORDINARY ability to eavesdrop.

And my first advice to civil libertarians is simple. Don't plot with terrorists.

09/28/2008 - Says if he were in office, he would have reluctantly voted for the $700B TARP bailout.
    All I needed to read.

Bump.

NOBP
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    Gingrich is FASCISM wrapped in an American flag, carrying a cross.

What cross?
    My Tribute To The MSM: "The Pusher"
    Beck's Audience: YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters
    How to end ALL Taxation:
    (Walter Burien - CAFR) TaxRetirement.com
    Next Scam:
    "Cash For Cash"
    Regarding Romans 13:
    "Caesar Is Dead"
    How Corrupt Is Your Traitor? http://maplight.org/
    Exposing Government Travel Excesses: http://junketsleuth.com/
    Track The Bailouts: http://bailoutsleuth.com/
    Securities Fraud And Corporate Chicanery: http://sharesleuth.com/
    RonPaul2012

Exclamation Newt Gingrich wants to be "aggressive" with Cuba and topple its government by 2014

After he topples Iran, he's going to set his eyes on Cuba.

Newt Gingrich on drug laws, entitlements and campaigning

Q: Since we are in Florida, can you provide an idea of how your administration would handle relations with Cuba?

GINGRICH: I think we need a very aggressive model. I describe it as a Cuban Spring. If you have a U.S. government that says Assad should go, why aren't they aggressively saying Castro should go?

We are trying to develop a strategy right now to outline the things we would do in the next two years to try to get the Cuban people to freedom by 2014.

Q: Can you provide some specific examples?

GINGRICH: Dramatically expand support for independence in Cuba, dramatically expand communications, begin bringing pressure to bear. Try to go to the younger generation of Cubans in Cuba and work with them covertly.

Q: Would you open up trade relations with Cuba as president?

GINGRICH: It's probably not part of it, but I think you would look at under what circumstance would you change and could you offer the Cuban people. For example, immediately after a free election, all the embargoes would drop as of that day. You could have the carrot of saying, the second there's a free election, we should do everything we can to help the Cuban economy flourish.

Q: President Obama has opened more air travel to the island. Would you shut down those flights?

GINGRICH: No, but I would very aggressively move towards maximizing dissent inside Cuba. Mostly covert, and also just subsidies. Go back and look what we did in Poland for example when we aggressively supported Solidarity.

Quote Originally Posted by IPSecure View Post
    What cross?
    He converted, remember? Now he's Catholic. It changed his life.

Exclamation Newt lobbies for Big Pharma - wants Medical Marijuana banned

Newt is a Pharmaceutical lobbyist, and was a big pusher of the Medicare Part D entitlement expansion bill.
    First of all, we know that Gingrich has been paid by drug companies and by the drug lobby, notably during the Medicare drug debate. A former employee of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, (the main industry lobby) told me Gingrich was being paid by someone in the industry at the time. A spokeswoman for Gingrich's health care consulting firm, Center for Health Transformation, told me that drug companies have been CHT clients. PhRMA confirmed in a statement that they had paid Gingrich. Bloomberg News cited sources from leading drug companies Astra-Zeneca and Pfizer saying that those companies had also hired Gingrich.
    He flat out denies it. Or maybe he doesn't understand what lobbying is.
    Gingrich stated last week on Fox News, "I do no lobbying of any kind. I never have. A very important point to make. I have never done lobbying of any kind."
    And not surprisingly, the Pharma lobbyist thinks that non-Pharmaceutical drugs should all be banned. Including a federal ban on medical marijuana.

He had a sudden change of heart in 1991. After introducing a pro-medical-marijuana bill, he sold out and he's been vehemently against it ever since.
    Yes, then-Congressman Gingrich in 1991 introduced pro-medical marijuana legislation, but now he’s thinking of the children, he tells Yahoo! News’ Chris Moody. “What has changed was the number of parents I met with who said they did not want their children to get the signal from the government that it was acceptable behavior,” said Gingrich, before saying that Americans who need medical marijuana will simply have to cope with the inconvenience of debilitating pain and nausea.
    “[My supporters] were prepared to say as a matter of value that it was better to send a clear signal on no drug use at the risk of inconveniencing some people, than it was to be compassionate toward a small group at the risk of telling a much larger group that it was okay to use the drug,” Gingrich explained. “Within a year of my original support of that bill I withdrew it.”

My dad is convinced Newt is a changed man and was arguing that I am too picky. He needs to open his eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    He converted, remember? Now he's Catholic. It changed his life.
    He didn't convert from Judaism. You might think that he was though.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 11-28-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seyferjm View Post
    My dad is convinced Newt is a changed man and was arguing that I am too picky. He needs to open his eyes!
    Show him my list. That is what it is for.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Newt scares more then anybody cuz he's a very impressive orator and debater. He's capable of pulling off the same heist that Obama pulled off in 08' with his dazzling speeches. The comatosed masses love this stuff.

wish this was a website, so it could be easily passed around.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Wow this is great research, thanks a million!!! +rep!
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

The perfect quote for Newt Gingrich:
    "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them." -- Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    wish this was a website, so it could be easily passed around.
    Somebody is welcome to start a site and use all of this information. The hard work is already done.

Can someone get this Post sent to @FixAaron the washington Post guy who writes The Fix? He want's dirt on Newt - http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...ngrich-twitter

I am at work right now and can't access certain sites otherwise I would.
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

Does The Grinch have any record on the federal reserve prior to his 2011 Ron Paul rhetoric? I assume he was a another quiet supporter.
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    Does The Grinch have any record on the federal reserve prior to his 2011 Ron Paul rhetoric? I assume he was a another quiet supporter.
    I'd love to know the answer also.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want to give massive, massive, massive props for putting all of this together. This is really great.
    Mother should I trust the government?

NOBP bump.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Exclamation Global Warming Flip-Flops

This is why Gingrich resembles more of a chameleon than a newt. He can blend in with conservatives or liberals with ease. He says and does whatever he needs to in order to sound smart and pander to his current audience. Overall you've got to separate yourself from his forked-tongue rhetoric and look at his record.

Gingrich's Great Global Warming Flip-Flop: From Cap-And-Trade To Drill-Baby-Drill

1997: As Speaker of the House, Gingrich co-sponsors H. Con. Res. 151, which notes carbon dioxide is a “major greenhouse gas” that comes from “products whose manufacture consumes fossil fuels” and calls on the United States to “manage its public domain national forests to maximize the reduction of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.” [H. Con. Res. 151, 9/10/1997]

2007: Gingrich calls for a cap-and-trade system with tax incentives for clean energy. “I think if you have mandatory carbon caps combined with a trading system, much like we did with sulfur, and if you have a tax-incentive program for investing in the solutions, that there’s a package there that’s very, very good. And frankly, it’s something I would strongly support.” [Frontline, 2/15/07]

Exclamation Newt relates himself to Nelson Rockefeller, Teddy Roosevelt, Alexander Hamilton

Newt says that the brand of conservatism he follows come from the tradition of Alexander Hamilton, Teddy Roosevelt, and Nelson Rockefeller. All 3 have a legacy of supporting a big, centralized Federal government, against the tradition of the founders.

Freddie Mac interview (2007)
    GINGRICH: So while we need to improve the regulation of the GSEs [Government-Sponsored Enterprises], I would be very cautious about fundamentally changing their role or the model itself.

FREDDIE MAC: This is not a point of view one normally associates with conservatives.

GINGRICH: Well, it's not a point of view libertarians would embrace. But I am more in the Alexander Hamilton-Teddy Roosevelt tradition of conservatism. I recognize that there are times when you need government to help spur private enterprise and economic development.
    Newt Gingrich, Rockefeller Republican (1989)
    GINGRICH: In Teddy White’s “The Making of The President” from 1960, you will find a description of Theodore Roosevelt and an active conservatism. That is the model I’ve had in my mind for 28 years. For example, we now have a great concept in tenant management and ownership of low-income housing. That empowers citizens, and says “You’re not just a client, you’re a citizen. You have real responsibility and real authority.” If you’re truly going to be a citizen, you have to have both opportunity and responsibility.
    [...]
    There is almost a new synthesis evolving with the classic moderate wing of the party, where, as a former Rockefeller state chairman, I’ve spent most of my life, and the conservative/activist right wing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast