Thread: Press Releases for the Moneybombs

Press Releases for the Moneybombs

I was thinking about some off-site things that can be done to boost the reach of these moneybombs. One that is really effective is doing a formal press release and publishing it through various distribution channels.

PRWeb.com has a premium package that offers this:

• Your news goes to premier news outlets like the New York Times, USA Today and more, through the Associated Press.
    • Include video, attachments, images and links to engage your customers and encourage people to share your story.
    • More than 250,000 PRWeb news subscribers and 30,000+ journalists and bloggers
    http://service.prweb.com/pricing/package/premium/

It's $360 per premium press release. Here is a $50 coupon that lowers it a bit: http://service.prweb.com/go/affiliate_CJ_hamic_50dc/?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=a ffiliate_CJ_hamic_50dc

There are many press release services, but I thought this was a pretty solid package. It might tap into some nice potential for new traffic and can meet short notice demands.

What do you all think?
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this something that would be released after the money bomb is over talking about how much we raised or would it contribute toward advertising?

Would it drive donations to the ronpaul2012.com site?

It's basically a question of how to most cost efficiently reach audiences to get people to do something.

I would assume the purpose of the press release is to spread the word of the moneybomb. The copy would probably be something along the lines of what's already on the website: military donations, veterans, etc.

Although looking over various press releases, they often (always?) contain quotes from people. Perhaps we should get quotes from both recent and long-time veterans (but maybe not active troops?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    Is this something that would be released after the money bomb is over talking about how much we raised or would it contribute toward advertising?
    We would want to do these before the moneybomb. There are two benefits: 1) exposure to a very large audience, and 2) valuable backlinks for search engine optimization.

I have been reviewing how we went about BTO vs. Tea Party 07 and I've come to some surprising conclusions.

According to those who organized Tea Party 07, they received a majority of traffic through many organic listings in the search engines for various terms. They were ranking for terms like "Ron Paul" and even "Republican Party". The remainder of traffic came from e-mails sent out and word of mouth. In this way, they were able to generate 59k donors. However, other than that there was not the coordinated promotional strategies as we had for BTO.

BTO was approached almost exactly opposite as Tea Party 07, but yielded 76% of donor totals at 45k. BTO had virtually no SEO strategy and traffic coming from unrelated search terms was almost non-existent. If BTO had expanded on it's search engine potential, we could have very well surpassed either Nov. 5 or Tea Party 07.

My conclusion is that we need to merge the BTO promotional plan with the Tea Party 07 SEO strategy. 11/11/11 might have too short of a time frame to really make an impact in the search engines; however, by doing a press release for this one, we give it a much needed boost and also valuable insight into how it influences our outreach and pledge totals.

Press releases through web sites such as PRWeb, is one of the best ways to improve SEO strategy. It generates hundreds/thousands of backlinks for the moneybomb websites and also pushes it through AP's network of publishers. This alone would probably generate a million impressions and if we got anything near a 10% click-through, that is about 100,000 visitors that are likely Ron Paul supporters.

It is somewhat speculative, but I'm pretty certain it would bring much more in donations than the cost to launch one.
    Last edited by dusman; 11-04-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post
    and also valuable insight into how it influences our outreach and pledge totals.
    That alone is worth the money.

A press release doesn't mean anything if no one publishes it, amiright? How do you ensure it will make it into some paper or news outlet somewhere that the public will see, or would this just be a gamble? Not that I'm opposed to the community spending $300 on a PR gamble. We've had limited success in the past.
    "We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish Justice, ensure Domestic Tranquility, provide for the Common Defense, promote the General Welfare, and Secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articl...-strong-rally/

Is this a press release? I typed in Ron Paul and that was the first link for news to pop up, so I clicked it.

I'll def. do an article about 11-11-11 on my website a few days before the money-bomb, good idea about doing a formal press-release imo.
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: Vote4Paul2012 & Like, watch, comment, and share on Facebook: Vote4Paul2012 on YouTube
    Follow me on twitter at: 300MDollarP
    Add on Google+ here: RonPaul Vote4Paul2012