Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: "And there's no way - no way - I'll vote for Romney." - Read on, this may be THE issue.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Would have been nice if the campaign had payed for one.
    They did poll NH... apparently this issue didn't move voters.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Do you have a sample of this poll that explicitly mentions Northern Pass and Romney's links to it? Please post this poll and the results along with the name of this specific polling company and their methodology.

Do you have a sample of this poll that explicitly mentions Northern Pass and Romney's links to it? Please post this poll and the results along with the name of this specific polling company and their methodology.
    ^^^ Waiting, Matt ^^^
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

What polling data do you have to support this?
    He is basing it on real world results of where he ran the ad on his own dime. Unlike your pathetic lie about Tom Woods.

What polling data did Ron Paul 2012 have showing Ron Paul could win Michigan? Was that provided by Mitt Romney's campaign?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the campaign internals had shown it was a winnable issue, they would've started talking about it obviously. Unless of course Ron didn't want to.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

If the campaign internals had shown it was a winnable issue, they would've started talking about it obviously. Unless of course Ron didn't want to.
    In your own words...

Please cite the scientifically sound polling data which backs up this claim.

It's unlikely that a campaign would ever publicly release internal polling.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    It's unlikely that a campaign would ever publicly release internal polling.
    I'm sure they would sell it though.

He WAS asked about it, the quote I used in the ad was from Ron in the Concord Monitor.

And thanks to Phill for pointing this out:

Show me the poll that included this as a specific issue and that this issue generated no response amongst the NH voters.

It was not and is not a big "national" issue, but it sure as hell was a big NH issue at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    He is basing it on real world results of where he ran the ad on his own dime. Unlike your pathetic lie about Tom Woods.
    Honestly...

The ads ran in three papers across NH.

Two weeks later, IIRC the dates, those papers endorsed Ron.

Then he won Coos county, one of the places that would be most affected by NP.

The campaign wanted no part of it, didn't even want to try and look at it.

The campaign being run by Benton.

Jesus.

You can only run around saying "logical fallacy" so often, until it becomes ridiculous.

Strike a match and hold it to paper, and the paper will burn.

Obvious facts are obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Honestly...

The ads ran in three papers across NH.

Two weeks later, IIRC the dates, those papers endorsed Ron.

Then he won Coos county, one of the places that would be most affected by NP.

The campaign wanted no part of it, didn't even want to try and look at it.

The campaign being run by Benton.

Jesus.

You can only run around saying "logical fallacy" so often, until it becomes ridiculous.

Strike a match and hold it to paper, and the paper will burn.

Obvious facts are obvious.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause

Not saying there was no connection, but stringing a bunch of facts together does not equal causation.

Anyway, what polling data do you have to show that this was a winning issue?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Matt question. How many science classes did you take in college? How many logic classes did you take? WRT science, not all science is based on "polling". Sometimes there are things called "controlled experiments". That's what it sounds like AF did. He tested his hypothesis by taking out ads and seeing if there was an effect. Seems like there was. His not having a "poll" to go along with it does in no way negate the validity of this experiment. And copying and pasting from "your logical fallacy.com" doesn't make you a logician. Just saying.
    There was no control group.... and there was no proof of correlation... a poll showing this being a winning issue would go a long way to linking the two and making correlation and causation much more likely.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause

Not saying there was no connection, but stringing a bunch of facts together does not equal causation.

And another neg for...https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause

Still waiting on your polling data w/ regards to N.P. Put up or shut up.

Still waiting on your polling data w/ regards to N.P. Put up or shut up.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Sorry Matt. You're not a scientist. Quit trying to play one on the internet. The "control group" are the counties that didn't get any ad money.
    No, because they are not identical to the counties where ads were run... therefore they cannot be a control group because they are different than the variable group.

Annnnd....another neg. Put up or shut up.

No, because they are not identical to the counties where ads were run... therefore they cannot be a control group because they are different than the variable group.
    Then it's not possible to have a control group at all because no two counties in the nation are absolutely identical.

Which means there's no possible way to turn political science into a hard science.

Which means your logical fallacy is demanding hard science back up any claims and that no technique is worth anything unless it has hard scientific proof behind it, when there is nothing--nothing at all--that you will accept as hard scientific proof.

Have fun stagnating. Excuse us for not joining you in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Then it's not possible to have a control group at all because no two counties in the nation are absolutely identical.

Which means there's no possible way to turn political science into a hard science.
    I don't disagree, which is why polling the counties in question is the only way to show correlation

Pity the campaign didn't have a grassroots liaison sharp enough to tell the campaign this was going on so they could conduct a poll at the time. Might have yielded useful data.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

For those that aren't aware of the ads run by Anti Federalist at the time, here's a post he made on it with picture included:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ad-again-today

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Again, you're not scientist. Control groups are never "identical", just reasonably close. You've not given any argument as to why they aren't reasonably close. And your explanation as to why the newspapers where the advertisements were bought endorsed Ron is what exactly?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I happen to believe in microtargeting, myself.

Goes along with my libertarian love of decentralization, I guess.

What polling data do you have to support this?
    There's a lot of people with links to the NYC area in NH and lots of farmland as well. If Ron Paul had run on a platform of 9/11 truth, GMO labeling and ending the systemic use of chemtrails, I am sure he would have won. Seems like people like you and Jesse tried to censor Ron and prevent him speaking the truth.

Again, you're not scientist. Control groups are never "identical", just reasonably close. You've not given any argument as to why they aren't reasonably close.
    Is Williamson County and Shelby County close at all? Or even Williamson and Davidson?

NH GOP primary voting results.

I ran the ads the last week of December IIRC.

The Salmon Press Newspapers group (the Littleton Courier, Berlin Reporter, and Coos County Democrat) endorsed Paul on January 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ampshire,_2012
    They endorsed on 4 Jan, I am convinced because of that ad. And the ONLY major newspaper outlet to do so in NH.

RP then went on to win Coos county, where this issue was important, where I ran the ads, and where the local paper group endorsed him.

Now, that, to me, is fairly conclusive proof that the issue resonated, was important and Ron was on the right side of.

The campaign deliberately screwed the pooch on this, it was not like they didn't know, and Benton was in charge.

At the very least, I have a better record, working on my own dumb HS drop out ass, than the "official" campaign did, with more degrees than a thermometer hanging about, drawing six figure salaries.

ETA - Reading back through this thread, I see my memory is not too far off, and the dates are correct.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-20-2014 at 01:36 PM.

I don't disagree, which is why polling the counties in question is the only way to show correlation
    Polling will prove correlation but winning does not.

Gotcha.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-20-2014 at 01:56 PM.

And thanks to the mod who shifted the argument to this thread.

+rep

Is Williamson County and Shelby County close at all? Or even Williamson and Davidson?
    Matt, you haven't made an argument about the counties the ad was run in. That said, is Williamson County close at all to Rutherford County? Yes. If your claim is that the three counties that AF ran the ads in are significantly different than every other county in the state....well extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. So where's your proof? Really Matt, your argument is silly.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Matt, please answer this question.

Your explanation as to why the newspapers where the advertisements were bought endorsed Ron is what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The campaign deliberately screwed the pooch on this, it was not like they didn't know, and Benton was in charge.

At the very least, I have a better record, working on my own dumb HS drop out ass, than the "official" campaign did, with more degrees than a thermometer hanging about, drawing six figure salaries.

ETA - Reading back through this thread, I see my memory is not too far off, and the dates are correct.
    So what is the lesson here? That a future campaign might be wise to spend some effort talking to and researching hotbutton local issues and campaigning on those instead of only national issues/politics?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast