Thread: Mainstream propaganda mimicking Peter Schiff's message?

Mainstream propaganda mimicking Peter Schiff's message?

I found this video on some american news site run as a subsidiary of NBC I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UseYKxDLnOw (edit: changed link to youtube version instead).

I thought it was pretty funny, it is promoting a book called ''Aftershock'' (sounds similar to Peter's Crashproof and Tom Wood's Meltdown) and it is being given away for free! I listened to the interview and it sounds very similar to the Austrian economic message but it also seems kind of ''off'' and fake, I tried searching for the author but could not find much info. I checked his youtube videos but ofc they have comments disabled.

I suspect this is a propaganda project funded by the Federal Reserve/banking establishment to con people away from the real austrians (cant have people taking the red pill).

Anyone else have info on this guy?
    Last edited by Tal; 10-31-2011 at 08:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.ip4m.net/tfg/index.php?op...=43&Itemid=129

Robert Wiedemer: Founder, President and CEO of the "Foresight Group" -- "...a macroeconomic and risk assessment firm that helps investors and businesses make better decisions through well informed and objective economic forecasts and analysis."

He's a raging self-promoter, looking for clients and a readership that he can "help guide with their investments in these troubling times". He's one of those "I predicted it all, and saw it all coming, and have specialized knowledge in the form of books and special reports to sell you" kind of guys. In other words, he's just one in a long line of opportunists who makes millions by writing stuff that purports to tell people how to make millions.

Yawn.

And I wouldn't be too excited about the "free" book, any more than I'm excited that Amazon.com gives us a "free online catalog". If you like a lot of self-promoting spam, all of which sounds like "buy! sell! sell! buy! hype, as he blows smoke up your skirt with every shifting wind, by all means get on his mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Douglas View Post
    And I wouldn't be too excited about the "free" book, any more than I'm excited that Amazon.com gives us a "free online catalog". If you like a lot of self-promoting spam, all of which sounds like "buy! sell! sell! buy! hype, as he blows smoke up your skirt with every shifting wind, by all means get on his mailing list.
    Yeah well I wasnt planning on giving him any money, just thought it was interesting how much he was copying austrian economists and I found it suspicious, he reminded me of Milton Friedman, a guy who sorta sounds like the real deal but in reality what he promotes is pretty evil and via this basically stops people from finding the real economists by making them believe that they already found a purist.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Douglas View Post
    Yeah well I wasnt planning on giving him any money, just thought it was interesting how much he was copying austrian economists and I found it suspicious, he reminded me of Milton Friedman, a guy who sorta sounds like the real deal but in reality what he promotes is pretty evil and via this basically stops people from finding the real economists by making them believe that they already found a purist.

But yeah he is probably just some opportunistic hack and not a part of some greater conspiracy.