Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.11.11 - Website Redesign "UPDATED" Concept Image (Need Somebody to Build it NOW!)

11.11.11 - Website Redesign "UPDATED" Concept Image (Need Somebody to Build it NOW!)

UPDATE: I originally posted this on the money bomb forum in this thread. I got a positive response and some good feedback, so I updated the concept image with the suggestions people gave me. I added in the large donation graph with the old Ron Paul picture on it. I removed "Ron Paul's from above the "Support Them Now" title and put it above "The Military's Choice" instead. I also added in the first two sentences of the description that TexMac suggested.

If everybody likes this, we need to fast track it and get it built IMMEDIATELY, as we have little time left to promote it! I'm not a website designer, so I can't help here. If Gage would like to do it, then he needs to speak up. If not, we can have somebody else design it and then hand it off to Gage to update www.SupportThemNow.com. This is an urgent matter. Time is short, so somebody needs to step up. I'd like Dusman to do it, but he hasn't been answering my PM's for some reason. We also need to get the leader board and pledge competition on the website and started as soon as possible. People need to get active on this now or 11.11.11 will be the biggest grassroots failure Ron Paul's ever seen.

---

Original Post:

Ok, I didn't plan on doing this, so here is how it started. On the chipin thread, TexMac raised some very serious concerns about the current website design. Here was my reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    Gage, I believe TexMac's criticisms of the website are valid. I know you're doing the best you can and we appreciate everything, but with a website like this, you only have a couple seconds to capture people's attention. If it's not immediately clear to them the purpose of the website, you just lost a potential pledge whether you like it or not. You need to catch people's attention IMMEDIATELY. If you make them think, then you lose.

He brought up a question about the title "Support Them Now". Newcomers visiting the website might ask the question "Support who"? If people are required to read the description first in order to understand the event is about supporting the troops, then you've already lost. Reading should not be required in order to understand what the event is about. It needs to pop out at you visually. For example, if you were to take the title "Support Them Now" and combine it with a soldier instead of that old picture of Ron Paul, they would immediately connect the dots. With the current setup, if given only a couple seconds glance at the website, it's much harder for a person to connect the dots.
    So I decided to take Dusman's military donations ad here...

...and design a website around it using Microsoft Paint, yes that's right, PAINT! I don't know how to use Photoshop. Anyway, it took me 6 hours to finish and I think it turned out pretty good. I changed the wording a little bit in the description. It now mentions the military donations straight off the bat to fit with the overall theme of the website. I also added our pledge goal and made the suggestion to donate $100, like we did on the Nov 5th website. I even added the donation graph in an easily viewable part of the website. The only thing I didn't add was a banner for the leader board competition. With this design, I think anyone can IMMEDIATELY tell what "Support Them Now" actually means. The dots will be connected, and then they can read the description and find out HOW they can support the troops. One note, the link in the upper left hand corner of the website takes you to my planning thread on RonPaulForums where you can help out in the planning stages and learn how to promote. Please tell me what you think. Is this something we should switch to?

Click the picture to make it LARGER...

Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-29-2011 at 05:23 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Again, I really wish Dusman would take this on, but I can understand if he's taking a break. If Gage would like to do it instead then please let us know. If not, we need somebody new.

What I think is that all the moneybombs should have a boots on the ground component.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    What I think is that all the moneybombs should have a boots on the ground component.
    I agree. That will be organized for the Tea Party money bomb like in 2007. I don't think we have enough time to organize for this one though.

Yes, that looks amazing. I really hope someone steps up.
    the rEVOLution begins!

Who of the RPF belongs to this?

Web Developers For Ron Paul

If you are going to do a web design for the Ron Paul campaign, what better job than this one?

I really like your take on it Sentinel. I absolutely hate the current website and it's theme. Sorry I am being very brutally honest right now. Makes it feel a little too happy and cheerful as people are dying overseas...

Your concept brings the focus point back towards the troops who are currently in the military rather than an old military picture of RP, which doesn't mean anything to me at all...
    Go check out my vocal covers on Youtube. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdQYPR6lEo

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent new layout.
    Rather Ornery Than Ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by Chainspell View Post
    looks really good I can do this. +rep
    Hero!!! ++++++REPS!!!

Should someone merge the two threads on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    Should someone merge the two threads on this?
    I really think we should just merge the new money bomb board back into Grassroots Central. Since this split, planning has dropped significantly. That's why I posted this here instead. We need everybody in Grassroots Central to participate in this just like we did for Black This Out. All the activity is on this board. Maybe we should contact Josh to ask him if he'd merge the board back into Grassroots Central.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-29-2011 at 05:47 PM.

I really think we should just merge the new money bomb board back into Grassroots Central. Since this split, planning has dropped significantly. That's why I posted this here instead. We need everybody in Grassroots Central to participate in this just like we did for Black This Out. All the activity is on this board. Maybe we should contact Josh to ask him if he'd merge the board back into Grassroots Central.
    Chainspell i you need any help, would love to work with you on this.
    Last edited by 2ndfor1st; 01-24-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndfor1st View Post
    I can do this layout this weekend. Chainspell i you need any help, would love to work with you on this.
    He PM'ed me and said he can have it done by tonight as well as the leader board, so I don't think he needs any help. We are going to need new banners to replace the ones in this thread though. I asked Dusman if he had a full version of the soldier's face so we can use it in the banners. His inbox is full so I had to message him on Facebook. Hopefully he gets back to me.

"We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Oh wow, lol!

Nice work. Needs updated banners and widgets with this design as well.
    Last edited by lucent; 10-29-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks a lot Gage. You're definitely on the ball, lol. Would it be possible if you could make some of the changes I did in this new version? I listed all the changes in the first paragraph of the post.

Oh, also are you working on adding the pledge competition and leader board? If not, Chainspell told me in PM that he can code it up in like five minutes. Let us know.

Did the soldier change sides? The print is running over the soldier image and it's hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    Did the soldier change sides? The print is running over the soldier image and it's hard to read.
    Yeah it did, but I don't see the print running over the soldier. It must be a problem on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    same here. can the soldier be moved to the right hand side of the website?
    the rEVOLution begins!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Text fixed.

Waits for something else to be criticized by TexMac.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Still need a prominent member take take control of advertising it and setup a chipin. Any longer and there won't be time.

Yeah it did, but I don't see the print running over the soldier. It must be a problem on your end.
    Gage moved the soldier to the left because the face of the soldier is cut off. The whole page is now aligned to the left edge which is okay when someone resizes their browser the face will stay on the left. if the page was centered you would have a problem of the soldier's face getting cut off in the middle of the page, and you can't align pages to the right.

i was thinking of having a frame like this beige color as the background so even if the face gets cut off it doesn't look weird if it was a black background. that way you can still center the whole page.

another solution is if ur already mirroring the image, mirror the page elements also. move the pledge counter to the left and the text to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainspell View Post
    Gage moved the soldier to the left because the face of the soldier is cut off. The whole page is now aligned to the left edge which is okay when someone resizes their browser the face will stay on the left. if the page was centered you would have a problem of the soldier's face getting cut off in the middle of the page, and you can't align pages to the right.

i was thinking of having a frame like this beige color as the background so even if the face gets cut off it doesn't look weird if it was a black background. that way you can still center the whole page.

another solution is if ur already mirroring the image, mirror the page elements also. move the pledge counter to the left and the text to the right.
    Yes, makes perfect sense. If you can Gage just mirror image Sentinelrv's design.

It's coming along great, thanks for the all the work you're putting in.
    Last edited by garyallen59; 10-29-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    the rEVOLution begins!

Besides getting this website theme to match up, I think our most important priority is getting this pledge competition up and running. If we don't have that, then our pledges will suffer. It was a huge success last go around. Is this being worked on or would you like Chainspell to take it on? No need for you to do everything yourself Gage if we can all help out.

like this center aligned for people who have resolutions at 1920x1080, but not that important:

Last edited by Chainspell; 10-29-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast