Thread: Ron Paul Yard Signs, Rally Signs, Bumper Stickers

Ron Paul Yard Signs, Rally Signs, Bumper Stickers

BEHOLD!!

These signs will be on Ebay hopefully by Saturday. I already have them, over 2000! and more on the way.

(Lotsa pics here)
    www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/index.html

These are AFTER shipping prices.

$195 for 65 yard signs, with wire stand 16x26
    $195 for 100 rally signs, with 30" stick 12x19
    $175 for 1000 bumper stickers, removable vinyl

Details will be in the Ebay listing. They are also being sold at the Kansas City rally being held in the KC Uptown theater tommorrow.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

thats a good lookin' sign, I will talk to my group and see if they want to go in on some.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamadeh View Post
    cant i buy like 2!!!!!?
    Hamadeh, try to hook up with some fellow Ron Paul supporters in your area (tip: meetup.com). Then, try to pool your financial resources to purchase a large quantity of whatever materials it is that you need. You'll generally end up saving 50-80%, which means you can either (a) purchase more supplies, or (b) donate the savings directly to Ron Paul's campaign.
    You either believe that within your society more individuals are good than evil, and that by protecting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible, or you believe that within your society more individuals are evil than good, and that by limiting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible.

Yeah, ronpaulitician is right. And that is the angle I am coming from. These are good quality yard signs, made by people who make high quality political yard signs for a living. The idea is to distribute these 70lb packs in bulk to organizers who can then sell them to others locally so that the whole Ron Paul sign effort doesn't turn in to a multi-million dollar gift to FedEx/UPS (at least not as big of one).

You get the signs cheaper and have more money to give directly to Ron Paul.

For instance, I noticed a lot of people are spreading around that you can get two free stickers from HQ. But they are not free. The campaign is paying probably around 6 or 8 cents per sticker and must spend at least 41 cents to mail it. So almost $0.25 per sticker to mail them for "free". Whereas 1000 of mine is only $0.175 per piece. So by my logic we're saving the campaign (.25 - .17 * 1000) $75.00 for every 1000 stickers (Admittedly, someone is selling stickers cheaper, though they are different style. My primary objection with them is that they don't have the website on them, and the graphic he is showing is not 3x11.5 ratio he says the stickers are, but maybe he doesn't have a photo of it yet.). The savings are much more pronounced when you realize how much extra each person is spending to have 1 or 2 yard signs to them.

It's all about shipping bottlenecks.

Currently the primary yard sign seller on Ebay is paying about $3.20 (according to him, on his ebay listing) per sign just to get them shipped to him and he recently raised his price on the signs from $28 to $36 (probably a realization that you can't scale with zero margins). Same thing with ronpaulhq.com, raised his price from $5 to $6. And all that comes from the realization that you get when working in the shipping business. That is, that the same labor involved in shipping 2 signs is involved in shipping 65. So given that the labor is the same (mostly anyway) per pack, the next question is what is the optimal shipping weight. And that is around 70lbs, because once you get heavier than that you don't see as significant savings per lb and the weight becomes too heavy too handle.

My yard signs are less than $3 per piece "your" cost (Rally signs less than $2 per piece). And that is after shipping. And the primary reason is because I live close enough to both an Ebay distributor that I work with, and the manufacturer of the signs, that I can truck the product between the two myself.

The main argument I've had with some posters, and people is that HQ should handle/endorse this. Well, if you understand FEC regulations then you'd understand that they really can't. There only option is to contract it out or do it themselves. Well they aren't going to do it themselves their going to contract it out, and their most likely going to take a small margin for the campaign. So the real question is, will it be more efficient to pay their contractor and exhorbitant shipping per piece when HQ only gets a small margin? Or buy in bulk, handle the distribution ourselves, and use the money we save (collectively) to send to Ron Paul directly.

More info later...
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 06-15-2007 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    For instance, I noticed a lot of people are spreading around that you can get two free stickers from HQ. But they are not free. The campaign is paying probably around 6 or 8 cents per sticker and must spend at least 41 cents to mail it. So almost $0.25 per sticker to mail them for "free". Whereas 1000 of mine is only $0.175 per piece. So by my logic we're saving the campaign (.25 - .17 * 1000) $75.00 for every 1000 stickers.
    You're also saving the campaign valuable time that they can redirect towards getting appearances in the mainstream media.
    You either believe that within your society more individuals are good than evil, and that by protecting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible, or you believe that within your society more individuals are evil than good, and that by limiting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible.

Signs Signs everywhere is Signs!!

The signs I was selling today (at the Kansas City Uptown Theater Ron Paul Rally, for those who were there) are up on Ebay in bulk for organizers or anyone else who wants a bunch.

I'm not currently selling small amounts, but may in the future. For now, I'd say get with your local organizer and pool some money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160131696564

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160130558180

RALLY SIGNS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK (USING THEM FOR IOWA, CHECK BACK NEXT WEEK)

I got both Ron Paul speech segments downloaded to my computer (from the rally). The audio and visual turned out great, I'll youtube them by tomorrow evening!! I want to thank everyone who purchased signs from my little lemonade stand. We sold over 400 signs and over 1000 bumper stickers!!
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 06-25-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Updated Ebay listing info

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey, wizardwatson!

Was that you?
    Prominent among the pro-Paul throng was Topeka resident who was vending Ron Paul signs and bumper stickers, at cost, to all and sundry. A hardcore member of the Kansas Ron Paul meetup group, this fellow made an astonishing initial purchase of approximately 1500 pounds of printed Ron Paul paraphenalia; by his own estimate, he brought about a fifth of that to the event in his SUV, and managed to sell 400 signs and 1000 bumper stickers. Of course, that still leaves room for bulk-rate sales on Ebay. “I feel like a carney out there, lugging this stuff around,” he joked.

I just bought a pack of 65 wire signs for the Hudson/Nashua, NH area , if anyone is in that area look for them in a week or two!

Key is to get these things out early, I am going to check on local ordinances first though. It's possible there's a date limitation. My understanding is it is legal to place campaign signs on public land here and technically nobody is supposed to remove them.

Cool

Wow, that was me. Yeah, at the end of the rally people were lined up for about a half a block to my SUV. It was pretty crazy. I'm currently editing the video I got, and I'll embed some of it in my ebay listings.

Good going, Wiz! I'll be meeting with my local RON PAUL campaign group on Sunday and we'll discuss buying some of your signs. They look great! (Cute kid, too!) Keep up the good work. It's through the efforts of regular folks, like you and me, that we're going to get the good doctor in the White House and put America back on the right path!

I relisted the yard signs because I'll have some that I won't sell in Iowa. But rally signs I can't do by that date. Too little time.

My printer has like a five day turnaround on orders. And I can't be ordering in bulk ahead by very much because I risk being stuck with thousands of signs.

I'm contemplating just opening up my rates for the signs and pre-selling to various organizers and charging a flat fee from me for the distribution/shipping.

Problem is logistical though, 1000 yard signs and 1000 rally signs is the MINIMAL order to get the decent rates you're seeing on EBAY. And that is about 1500lbs and is an entire pick-up truck full of paper. So it's not really feasible for me alone, to buy ahead in bulk, arrange storage, and HOPE that no one pops up and competes, or demand just doesn't dry up.

If I can work something out where organizers can buy into a reoccurring order at cost plus my fees for pick-up/packing/shipping, I think this would be ideal. But I'm still thinking about it. I've already got feedback on the Ebay listings so I'm building the credibility.

For instance, if we ordered 10,000 of the yard signs the cost is about a dollar per sign INCLUDING the stand. So if we were to set up recurring orders we could get the yard sign package (of 65) price down to about $105 or $110 dollars if we had enough organizers going in on an order to get 10,000.

That's $65 cost, $30 shipping, then about $15 for labor, CC fees.

This is also factoring in the cutting out of Ebay which is about 6% of the sale for the way I'm doing it. Which isn't bad, when you're selling to individuals because the interface is simple, the credibility/feedback system makes people more comfortable etc. But it does become costly to supporters when we're selling by the hundreds of packages.

I edited the Ebay links towards the beginning of this thread for the new listings.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 06-25-2007 at 03:01 PM.

I definitely want a few signs, but there is no way I can buy bulk.

I think I'd be able to buy the 65 if the price was dropped to $110. I don't really feel like spending that much myself, but I think I could convince this other guy to split it and we could cover our area with them

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good deal

I WANT SOME!!!

I want two orders, or 130 yard signs. It appears the sale is no longer available on Ebay. Please send me an email if you'd like to sell in bulk to me.

principalwisdom(at)elitemail.org

-Alexander E Doak

We've got the 18x24 corrugated plastic yard signs -

www.ronpaulbumperstickers.com

We also sell them without the wire stands. You can save some money if you make your own wire stands out of a material called ladder wire which you can acquire at a masonry supply.

Alexander, please check your email.

Does anyone know if wizardwatson is still selling the signs? I want to buy some.

Quote Originally Posted by disinter View Post
    Does anyone know if wizardwatson is still selling the signs? I want to buy some.
    AFAIK, David is no longer making those signs available.

While his signs were good sized and attractive, they were the paper card-stock signs and those card-stock signs get to looking sad and forlorn after only a few months exposure to the elements. On the other hand, corrugated plastic signs are weatherproof and will still be very presentable in Nov. '08.

We have great prices on weatherproof corrugated plastic signs -

www.ronpaulstickers.com

My Meetup group is in need of 500 18" x 24" yard signs. I have e-mailed ronpaulstickers on multiple occasions. If anybody can fill this order, and ship immediately please send me an IM, I have the money. We have a major weekend coming up this weekend with three events scheduled. I need an answer tonight or else I will have to pay a much higher price to someone else.

Thanks
    Next Moneybomb:
    Constitution Day Moneybomb, Sep 17th!

Moneybomb Calendar:
    Sept. 17th - Constitution Day Moneybomb
    Oct. 19th -
    Black THIS Out!! Moneybomb
    Nov 11th - Veterans Day Moneybomb
    Dec 16th - Tea Party Moneybomb

Quote Originally Posted by mtmedlin View Post
    My Meetup group is in need of 500 18" x 24" yard signs. I have e-mailed ronpaulstickers on multiple occasions. If anybody can fill this order, and ship immediately please send me an IM, I have the money. We have a major weekend coming up this weekend with three events scheduled. I need an answer tonight or else I will have to pay a much higher price to someone else.

Thanks
    Please check your email.

Thanks

I don't know why you guys don't sell the paper signs too. Not everyone has twice the money to pay for those corrugated signs. And I think you've exagerrated how susceptible they are to the elements. They dry out just fine, it isn't like there's too many parts of the country that get 300 inches of rain per year.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm totally willing to give my artwork and let people buy on my printers account at cost if they want to organize it, I'm just too busy lately with other stuff.

You can get these rally signs for $1.08 a piece at cost (when buying 1000), yard signs for $1.65 a piece (@1000) and stickers for $0.11 at 5000 and $0.06 a piece if you buy 40,000.

I paid $400 for the artwork but I'd let anyone who wants to do this have it for free.

Don't PM me through any of these boards, as I've posted in multiple places. Meet me on the Ron Paul Pibb.com channel if you're interested or need more info.

https://pibb.com/go/ronpaul

I'm wizardwatson over there too.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

quantity

I too wanted to order just a few signs. I went to Ebay and found a banner made by the Memphis group for just $10. It is rather large so it's not an option if you don't have the space. There are also other Ron Paul yard signs for sale but in large quantities as well.