Thread: Push www.SupportThemNow.com Instead - ONLY use the Facebook Event for the "Invite Feature"

Push www.SupportThemNow.com Instead - ONLY use the Facebook Event for the "Invite Feature"

Don't Promote the Facebook Event, Only use it for the Invite Feature

This is VERY important to understand. For "Black THIS Out" I made a goal to push for 25,000 Facebook attendees. I think we now understand that this was a huge mistake. Facebook has too many limitations for us to make effective use of their event feature. You can't message all your attendees after you cross a certain number. Depending on your Facebook settings, many people do not receive an event reminder notification on the date of the money bomb. The most important issue though is that it's impossible to carry over the attendee list into the next money bomb. Once the event is over, the Facebook event becomes useless and the next money bomb including all the promotion work needs to be started from scratch all over again. The "Invite Feature" is the only thing we should be using on the Facebook Event. It allows us to quickly invite all of our friends to the event. If possible though, instead of using the invite feature, just send everyone you know to the official website...

Instead, ONLY Promote the Official Money Bomb Website

DO NOT USE the Facebook Event Link for promotion. Instead, use the official money bomb website www.SupportThemNow.com for promotion. The main reason behind this is that unlike the Facebook event, the website allows us to collect email addresses, so that we can send reminders to donate on the date of the money bomb. We can also carry over the email list into the next money bomb. This doesn't mean you can't use Facebook at all. It only means that you shouldn't spread the event link. You should use Facebook as much as possible to spread the link to the official website. With both the "Black THIS Out" and "Support Them Now" email lists, we'll be able to head into the Dec 16th "Tea Party" Money Bomb with 20-30,000 email contacts, which will give us a huge boost.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think this thread is important enough to be made into a sticky. Everybody needs to know about this.

One other suggestion I have is for Gage to add www.SupportThemNow.com to the banner on the Facebook Event under 11/11/11 and on as many of these banners as possible. Many people will see the banners and we need all of them to know about the website address. I sent Gage an email about it, so hopefully he gets the message. I also mentioned creating an email pledge banner like we had for BTO and incorporating Dusman's leaderboard competition into the main website.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-26-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Great thread, thank you!
    John Adams:

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.

Thomas Jefferson:

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.

www.FarmFreshRawFoods.com Support our small business. We accept Gold & Silver!
    We also donate 5% of our annual profits to a local charity not named Uncle Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    I think this thread is important enough to be made into a sticky. Everybody needs to know about this.
    Agreed. I've got a lot of libertarian Facebook friends but I'll use the website for promotion and the event just for the easy invite all feature.

Don't Promote the Facebook Event, Only use it for the Invite Feature

This is VERY important to understand. For "Black THIS Out" I made a goal to push for 25,000 Facebook attendees. I think we now understand that this was a huge mistake. Facebook has too many limitations for us to make effective use of their event feature. You can't message all your attendees after you cross a certain number. Depending on your Facebook settings, many people do not receive an event reminder notification on the date of the money bomb. The most important issue though is that it's impossible to carry over the attendee list into the next money bomb. Once the event is over, the Facebook event becomes useless and the next money bomb including all the promotion work needs to be started from scratch all over again. The "Invite Feature" is the only thing we should be using on the Facebook Event. It allows us to quickly invite all of our friends to the event. If possible though, instead of using the invite feature, just send everyone you know to the official website...

Instead, ONLY Promote the Official Money Bomb Website

DO NOT USE the Facebook Event Link for promotion. Instead, use the official money bomb website www.SupportThemNow.com for promotion. The main reason behind this is that unlike the Facebook event, the website allows us to collect email addresses, so that we can send reminders to donate on the date of the money bomb. We can also carry over the email list into the next money bomb. This doesn't mean you can't use Facebook at all. It only means that you shouldn't spread the event link. You should use Facebook as much as possible to spread the link to the official website. With both the "Black THIS Out" and "Support Them Now" email lists, we'll be able to head into the Dec 16th "Tea Party" Money Bomb with 20-30,000 email contacts, which will give us a huge boost.

Yup, the money is in the list.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

thanks for heads up, i cannot view your site from work!

It seems Gage got my message. He edited the Facebook banner to include the website at the bottom. It looks to be a temporary banner though until he can update the name.

Also, just to let everyone know, I'm going to create a new planning thread like I did for Black This Out. It might take me some time before it's up though.

great, great advice, thanks
    "We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish Justice, ensure Domestic Tranquility, provide for the Common Defense, promote the General Welfare, and Secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll promote this this weekend. Not gonna be able to put as much time in as I did with BTO but should be able to find an hour a day.

What is our goal for this moneybomb? Or have we decided?
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

The website still has the Facebook event link, it needs removed or people will just click it instead of giving their email.

Quote Originally Posted by NickOdell View Post
    What is our goal for this moneybomb? Or have we decided?
    You know what's funny, I just realized the campaign needs almost exactly the same amount of money that we took in on Nov 5th. They currently need $4.2 million. On November 5th, 2007 we rasied $4.3 million. In order to do that, we got 17,000 people pledged on the money bomb website. I know we don't have as much time to pull this off, but this is just too much of a coincidence to pass up. I think when I make the planning thread I should change all writing I did about getting 25,000 Facebook attendees and focus it instead on getting 17,000 email pledges on the website. That should be our new goal. It will give us something to move toward.

For all we know, our focus on Facebook was the reason we didn't have record breaking numbers. Many people didn't receive reminder notifications. Had those 22,000 people on Facebook pledged on the website, we may have had a chance of breaking $6,000,000. Who knows. We can at least try it out by focusing on email pledges instead.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-26-2011 at 10:40 PM.

You know what's funny, I just realized the campaign needs almost exactly the same amount of money that we took in on Nov 5th. They currently need $4.2 million. On November 5th, 2007 we rasied $4.3 million. In order to do that, we got 17,000 people pledged on the money bomb website. I know we don't have as much time to pull this off, but this is just too much of a coincidence to pass up. I think when I make the planning thread I should change all writing I did about getting 25,000 Facebook attendees and focus it instead on getting 17,000 email pledges on the website. That should be our new goal. It will give us something to move toward.
    We had 17,000 pledged for $100. I've said this before, the pledge needs to have a dollar amount attached to it and the goal needs to be lofty.

Quote Originally Posted by lucent View Post
    We had 17,000 pledged for $100. I've said this before, the pledge needs to have a dollar amount attached to it and the goal needs to be lofty.
    Was this in the description of the website? http://thisnovember5th.com/
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-26-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Was this in the description of the website? http://thisnovember5th.com/
    Yes and the goal was like $10 million.

For all we know, our focus on Facebook was the reason we didn't have record breaking numbers. Many people didn't receive reminder notifications. Had those 22,000 people on Facebook pledged on the website, we may have had a chance of breaking $6,000,000. Who knows. We can at least try it out by focusing on email pledges instead.
    I agree. And I'm sure a lot of the people who pledged for BTO will transfer over to this moneybomb. We just have to motivate them.

Is Dusman getting involved with this? I haven't seen him around for a while.
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

I really want Dusman back. If this thing is to work, either Gage needs to get here on the forum or we need to seek out somebody who will be active. I see a lot of problems with the website right now but there's nobody to communicate with. All I can do is send an email to Gage and hope he reads it. I suggest everyone PM Dusman and beg him to get involved in this. I already did a couple days ago. If we don't have somebody willing to participate here in the discussion, this thing is going to be a disaster. Just look how much time we've wasted sitting around doing nothing. I'm getting myself upset about this again.....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The site could stand a minor update: it suggests pledging on facebook....
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

I really want Dusman back. If this thing is to work, either Gage needs to get here on the forum or we need to seek out somebody who will be active. I see a lot of problems with the website right now but there's nobody to communicate with. All I can do is send an email to Gage and hope he reads it. I suggest everyone PM Dusman and beg him to get involved in this. I already did a couple days ago. If we don't have somebody willing to participate here in the discussion, this thing is going to be a disaster. Just look how much time we've wasted sitting around doing nothing. I'm getting myself upset about this again.....
    Please stop trying to create fake controversy and promote the moneybomb.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Please stop trying to create fake controversy and promote the moneybomb.
    Sorry if I was being a little over dramatic there. I'm only trying to figure out how to solve this problem. I've gotten little response from anyone I contact about it and I felt we were wasting valuable time. Many people have complained to me about this because they didn't know where to take their suggestions for the website. I think communication on this is key. If we post any suggestions for the website here, will you be reading them or should we PM/email you instead? I only bring up Dusman here because he was actively participating in the planning and discussion of BTO. We knew if we posted our suggestions they would be read and taken into consideration. If you're going to be here then that's awesome and we have no problem. Again, I'm not trying to create any drama. Sorry if it appears that way. I've just grown frustrated about this over the last couple days. I'm only trying to figure out how we can make this website as effective as possible. Having you here to participate would really help toward that goal.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-27-2011 at 02:00 AM.

I have read everything that has been sent to me, and have read a majority of everything in this section.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    I have read everything that has been sent to me, and have read a majority of everything in this section.
    Ok then. I'll make a couple suggestions. I believe we should either remove the link to pledge on Facebook or move it out of the way. Where the link is currently sitting, it's distracting away from email pledges. If the main purpose of the website is to obtain email addresses, then nothing should be distracting away from it. Right now you're currently offering people an option. Either take the easy route and use Facebook or give out your precious email address. If we're going to be focusing on obtaining email addresses this time around rather than Facebook attendees, it should be removed, as well as the Facebook count. We need to have the sole focus and priority of the website on collecting email pledges. Dusman didn't even want to include Facebook on the Black This Out website, but we argued with him until it was put up. Now many are thinking he was right to begin with.

Also, we should have some kind of disclaimer under the pledge box letting people know that we won't sell their email addresses. That is very important to some people and they will not pledge unless they see it.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-27-2011 at 03:14 AM.

I recommend a different statement on the website, a pledge of $100, and a stated goal (maybe the $4.2 million the campaign wants?).