Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Judge will be on "The Daily Show"!

Well that was fiery. I'd love to see The Judge run for prez one of these days.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    is it over?
    hmm guess i will have to wait till after work for comcast on demand, usually rpf folks are all over liberty

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well I thought TV part was pretty weak. They didn't even get to discuss too much.

Quote Originally Posted by zerosdontcount View Post
    no stream? hmm
    uh hmm :'(

Stewart's show would be so much better if he just made fun of people and didn't inject his politics into it. This big government crap he's touting in this interview is revolting.

The Judge says banks shouldn't be bailed out, and he gets big applause. Then Stewart says something along the lines of "shouldn't the government help the losers (business losers)? Aren't we a collective? Blah blah, social Darwinism." etc. etc. And he gets big applause.

lol? Is the audience confused?
    Last edited by king_nothing_; 10-27-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    I would support him over Rand or Johnson in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Tyler View Post
    Well I thought TV part was pretty weak. They didn't even get to discuss too much.
    I know. They need a full half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    He can't. He's come out as an anarchist, without actually saying so.

It was pretty short so no mention of Ron. He also kept getting cut off by Jon. At least it was pretty funny.

Yes, it is over. It was a pretty light hearted debate. They both said good things. It mostly had to do with the role of government. Jon said public roads and other infrastructure enhances freedom, Judge said government is inherently evil and is put in place to take freedoms away which is good sometimes and bad other times. You really didn't miss much other than The Judge laughing really loudly and slamming his hand on the desk.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Yes, it is over. It was a pretty light hearted debate. They both said good things. It mostly had to do with the role of government. Jon said public roads and other infrastructure enhances freedom, Judge said government is inherently evil and is put in place to take freedoms away which is good sometimes and bad other times. You really didn't miss much other than The Judge laughing really loudly and slamming his hand on the desk.
    Bringing up roads is such a weak argument, there are so much better arguments out there for the state but road is one of the weakest IMO.
    There were private toll roads in the past and also private railroads.
    There's really no reason why roads have to be public. We're just accustomed to it so people assume its the only way society can function.

The other thing lefties (including stuart) do is confuse government with society. They assume without government cooperation can't exist and everyone is on their own.
    Last edited by matt0611; 10-27-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    Bringing up roads is such a weak argument, there are so much better arguments out there for the state but road is one of the weakest IMO.
    There were private toll roads in the past and also private railroads.
    Being from NJ, I'm quite certain that both Stewart and Napolitano are well aware of the existence of toll roads.

The Judge is awesome!
    “The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure.”
    - Albert Einstein
    "I strongly support Ron Paul. We very badly need to have more Representatives who understand in a principled way the importance of property rights and religious freedom."
    - Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Being from NJ, I'm quite certain that both Stewart and Napolitano are well aware of the existence of toll roads.
    private toll roads? We have a toll road here in MA but it was built and is run by our government.
    I'm speaking of privately built and operated roads.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    private toll roads? We have a toll road here in MA but it was built and is run by our government.
    Well I'm not sure there is anything private in NJ, but a toll road is a toll road. The concept is the same, a use tax for something that pays for its own upkeep.

Agreed on the comments about the debate on the show, but Jon did mention that they were going to host the extended interview on the Daily Show website. I don't see it up. Anyone know what's up or where to find it?
    "If men are good, then they need no rulers. If men are bad, then governments of men, composed of men, will also be bad - and probably worse, due to the State's amplification of coercive power." - Ozarkia

"Big Brother is watching. So are we." - WikiLeaks

Laissez-nous faire, laissez-nous passer. Le monde va de lui meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentient Void View Post
    Agreed on the comments about the debate on the show, but Jon did mention that they were going to host the extended interview on the Daily Show website. I don't see it up. Anyone know what's up or where to find it?
    it's usually up a few hours after the interview

Does the Judge toke up???

That picture with Jon sure makes the Judge look high. LOL

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by jct74; 10-27-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Part 1 extended is the same as the broadcast.

Total extended time is around 16 minutes!

Here's Judge talking to Lew Rockwell on Tuesday, don't think it has been posted yet:
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lewrockwe...-police-state/

or tube
    Last edited by jct74; 10-28-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Oof. Judge didn't do so well. I'm taking back my pick for him as VP. He doesn't really seem to be at his best in debate format; he's better when presenting his case in a speech setting.

Not the worst performance, but Tom Woods would have taken Stewart to the woodshed and dismantled him.

Crap. I take back my vote for Judge Nap for VP, too. If you can't handle Stewart there is no way you can do a campaign. The Judge is much better when he can prepare his statements. With that said, as ambassadors for the message of freedom, we all need to prepare ourselves to rip these types of arguments down when we are put on the spot. It is these exchanges that change peoples' minds.

What Peter Schiff has been doing at OWS is what we all need to prepare to do.

I thought Judge was amazing. Have you seen the extended interview? It was excellent.

Great to hear Jon say he agrees with the Judge so many times. Also enjoyed for some reason hearing Nader calling him Andrew on Freedom Watch. We have such a wide deep and thoughtful network of support
    "It takes a revolution, to make a solution. Too much confusion, so much frustration" Bob Marley

The Judge really did not do that bad of a job...
    This idea that every single time "one of us" has a platform to speak on, that we are critical of that.... I don't think helps, what so ever.

That interview, without question, forced thousands... if not more, to Google certain things about the free market and libertarianism.
    Even if we converted a hundred... it was successful... Remember, our message is so engaging because freedom and liberty matter!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Oof. Judge didn't do so well. I'm taking back my pick for him as VP. He doesn't really seem to be at his best in debate format; he's better when presenting his case in a speech setting.

Not the worst performance, but Tom Woods would have taken Stewart to the woodshed and dismantled him.
    I tend to agree. In fairness, I think Jon Stewart was grilling him a bit harder than he typically does for guests.

One of Napolitano's problems relative to someone like Tom Woods is that the Judge takes a constitutional conservative/legal approach, whereas Woods takes more of a radical Austrian/anarchist/philosophical approach. Woods would have immediately pointed out instances where govt power was implied (e.g., companies couldn't allow unions to organize? How could a company prevent it without the state?), which Stewart wouldn't have had much answer for. I don't think Napolitano thinks like that. He's a little narrower than I thought.

Hell of a great guy though. He may do really well in political debates, because he can be a bulldog on individual issues. But, he's not the type to make a big-picture argument for a libertarian society. That is just not him.

I expected the worst. Just watched it and the Judge didn't do half bad. I noticed that the Amazon sales rank of the book went up after the interview. If you have not bought it yet, you should. One of the best books I've read in a long time.
    End The Nanny State!

The Judge didn't emphasize enough that the GOVERNMENT enforced segregation. I believe I read some private businesses such as Bob Evans bucked that trend. I'm not that familiar with the judges he referred to, but weren't they pushing back against GOVERNMENT overreach? Hehe, the Judge was relaxed and humorous, and it's easy to criticize when one isn't in the hotseat but... sometimes I think they miss these arguments.

They ended the online section on a great note though... agreements and joviality.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

I don't see what some of y'all disliked about the Judge's performance (non extend version). He's great, speaks clearly, well thought out, and very likeable...and with a killer hairline.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast