Thread: Older support

Older support

Guys, Over the last couple of days I have had 5, Count um 5 People over the age of 50 express support for Ron Paul because of my bumper sticker. Gave them all bumper stickers of there own.

But Im seeing a swing in Idaho. I think we are braking into the older vote. If this is happening all over and not just my county we could see a large bump in the polls.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +1776
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Did you get any feedback on what is making the difference?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Did you get any feedback on what is making the difference?
    It seems as if they are noticing that Ron is the only one in the debates acting like a grown up. They they learn more about him from there and awaken to a new type of idea. We are all growing but it would seem that the debates kicked off some older support in my neck of the woods.

Guess the older generation still looks for things like manners and behavior. I have been told this is why some of them gave him a 2nd look beyond Hannity.
    Last edited by Carehn; 10-30-2011 at 12:24 AM.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    Guys, Over the last couple of days I have had 5, Count um 5 People over the age of 50 express support for Ron Paul because of my bumper sticker. Gave them all bumper stickers of there own.

But Im seeing a swing in Idaho. I think we are braking into the older vote. If this is happening all over and not just my county we could see a large bump in the polls.
    Bumper stickers, bumper stickers, bumper sticker. Did I mention bumper stickers yet. Order them from the campaign and hit the local rural gas stations at gas up time and offer to leave some on their counters. You will be surprised at how fast they get snatched up. On rural backroads folks always pay attention to which cars belong to who they are following or passing the other direction. A bumper sticker tells the rural community what is up as far as your pick is. These will catch on. Put one on your front bumper too for rear view mirrors and cars going the other way.

Rev90
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

While waiting in line at the local hardware store a couple of weeks ago, I overheard the young cashier gal tell her 70's or 80 year customer, "Yeah, I know about the Federal Reserve."

That was encouraging.

I am 56 and almost all my good friends are Ron Paul guys. There are more of us than you think.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The difficulty is convincing people who demand the Medicare and SS free from the worries of having to work pass a age they have in their minds regardless of their savings or whether the actuary math works for the rest of e country. Paul has provided a path where they will get most of what was promised while giving the next generation an opportunity to opted out. The trick is explaining to people the great of inflation so that SS check will be worth much less in 10 years. That is hard for most people to comprehend. Also, how do you get people to realize that when govt gets involved with paying for anything be it education, security, housing, or health care costs skyrocket. We live in the age of me, me, me hyper individualism and it will take an act of God to overcome such thinking in the spirit of liberty.

The good Dr. has a demeanor that is gentle but his confidence in his experiences is as strong as a lion and older people identify with that. Getting the older generation to question authority has always been a tough road.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Appleseed View Post
    The good Dr. has a demeanor that is gentle but his confidence in his experiences is as strong as a lion and older people identify with that. Getting the older generation to question authority has always been a tough road.
    You're talking about the generation that rioted in the streets over the draft, civil rights, and women's rights. Don't blame their unwillingness to question authority; make sure you're framing the issues in terms they understand. A lot of young people are here instead of in Iraq and Afghanistan today because us "old folk" got our heads cracked getting rid of the draft. We know the difference between right and wrong. Some of us may simply need to be reminded.

Or to paraphrase Col. Jessup: "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provided, and then questions the fact that I provided it! I would rather you just said "Thank you," and went on your way."

Yeah, I'm pissed about the rampant ageism on this forum. Can you tell?
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTraveler View Post
    Yeah, I'm pissed about the rampant ageism on this forum. Can you tell?
    At least the youngsters here are pissed about the status-quo and are trying to change it.
    "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water."
    Last edited by tod evans; 10-30-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    At least the youngsters here are pissed about the status-quo and are trying to change it.
    "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water."
    It's not just the youngsters. That's exactly the case I'm making. I said what I have to say here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ageism-already!
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

It's not a matter of one generation behaving differently than subsequent generations. I believe that it is a natural progression. As people become older they regress from a state of independence back to dependency. It's the circle of life lol. I think it has some connection to why they tend to vote in a line and believe whatever the tv man says. Much like children, sadly. I could be completely wrong that's just the conclusions I've drawn.

Well I'm right in the middle at 39, so I sort of understand both sides.

What's being missed here is that many of the current older GOP primary voters were not the people protesting Vietnam. They were on the other side of the political spectrum back then.

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    The difficulty is convincing people who demand the Medicare and SS free from the worries of having to work pass a age they have in their minds regardless of their savings or whether the actuary math works for the rest of e country. Paul has provided a path where they will get most of what was promised while giving the next generation an opportunity to opted out. The trick is explaining to people the great of inflation so that SS check will be worth much less in 10 years. That is hard for most people to comprehend. Also, how do you get people to realize that when govt gets involved with paying for anything be it education, security, housing, or health care costs skyrocket. We live in the age of me, me, me hyper individualism and it will take an act of God to overcome such thinking in the spirit of liberty.
    It's real easy. Tell them Paul is the ONLY candidate who has put forth a workable plan that will protect SS and Medicare, by making the necessary cuts in other government spending. All the others are just blowing smoke.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Well I'm right in the middle at 39, so I sort of understand both sides.

What's being missed here is that many of the current older GOP primary voters were not the people protesting Vietnam. They were on the other side of the political spectrum back then.
    That's not necessarily true. People tend to be Democrats when they are young. Many change to being Republicans when they start working and see how much the government is deducting from their paychecks. lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

My mom is 81 that is the older crowd I was referring to.

Didn't many of the government run social programs begin in the 60s? Didn't someone say back then that our children will be paying for this?

What are you considering old? Are you talking about 90 year olds and older?

Quote Originally Posted by PastaRocket848 View Post
    It's not a matter of one generation behaving differently than subsequent generations. I believe that it is a natural progression. As people become older they regress from a state of independence back to dependency. It's the circle of life lol. I think it has some connection to why they tend to vote in a line and believe whatever the tv man says. Much like children, sadly. I could be completely wrong that's just the conclusions I've drawn.
    A quick study of history proves that the powers-in-charge had control of 20th century media. The people have been fooled by clever artists.
    Walter Leland Cronkite, Jr. was an American broadcast journalist, best known as anchorman for the CBS Evening News for 19 years.
    Walter Cronkite, known as "The most trusted man in America" was actually lying to the people covering for the one world globalists every night for 19 years.

The Terrible Truth About Walter Cronkite
    We found out after his retirement that he was not only a liberal, which was evident from his broadcasts, but a one-worlder. In appearances before the World Federalist Association, which favors world government financed by global taxes, he called for the U.S. to renounce “some of its sovereignty” and pass a series of United Nations treaties-many of which are now being pushed in the Senate by President Barack Obama. Cronkite called for an “international Liberty Bell.”
    The reason that people believed what the TV man told them is because it is what the newspaper man told them, and the radio man, the magazine man, the teacher, the professor, and books that weren't banned from the libraries.

The Shame of the Times
    The charge against Duranty is that he knew about Josef Stalin's policy of deliberately starving the people of Ukraine to punish them for defiance, and intentionally kept this news out of the Times. It is likely that the glare of publicity on this monstrous crime in a paper as important as the Times probably would have caused Stalin to back off, potentially saving millions of lives. Adding insult to injury, in the view of many critics, is that Duranty received a Pulitzer Prize for his reporting in 1932, which the Times still proudly lists among those the paper has won.
    Young people have no clue what it was like to be constantly lied to while working 50 & 60 hours per week. Now that the Internet is at our fingertips the truth is much easier to find.