Thread: Paul cites Bible to make case on monetary policy

Paul cites Bible to make case on monetary policy

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I really liked that approach. And I'm even an atheist. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by milo10 View Post
    Yeah, I really liked that approach. And I'm even an atheist. LOL
    As an anti-theist myself, I concur and agree with his approach as well. Though I do not agree with his Christianity beliefs, I agree with his morality.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.
    Veterans for Ron Paul

I'm Buddhist and I LOVE Ron Paul!

Nice, but the brief "article" doesn't point out anything about monetary policy.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

He stated that Isaiah specifically mentions debasing the coinage?! That's a real clincher.You should push that quote to all religious friends and make the connection with the paper 'dollar' (paper ticket money).The dollar was defined as 371 and a 1/4,grains of silver.

I like Ron Paul's Jesus.
    -Joe Rogan, atheist
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The bible is actually why I've refused to ever take a loan out or be in debt to anyone.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    He stated that Isaiah specifically mentions debasing the coinage?! That's a real clincher.You should push that quote to all religious friends and make the connection with the paper 'dollar' (paper ticket money).The dollar was defined as 371 and a 1/4,grains of silver.
    Yes, it does.

When God is pronouncing judgement on Israel, one of His complaints in Isaiah is debasement of silver and wine (wine was used as money too):

Isaiah 1:21-22 NASB

How the faithful city has become a harlot,
    She who was full of justice!
    Righteousness once lodged in her,
    But now murderers.

Your silver has become dross,
    Your drink diluted with water.

Your rulers are rebels
    And companions of thieves;
    Everyone loves a bribe
    And chases after rewards.
    They do not defend the orphan,
    Nor does the widow's plea come before them.

God is not pleased with dishonest scales:
    Proverbs 20:23 NASB

Differing weights are an abomination to the LORD,
    And a false scale is not good.

God is concerned with money. It is not just a side issue, it is very important:
    Proverbs 16:11 NASB

A just balance and scales belong to the LORD;
    All the weights of the bag are His concern.
    Leviticus 19:36 NASB

You shall have just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin; I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from the land of Egypt.
    Exodus 20:15 NASB

You shall not steal.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 10-23-2011 at 05:55 AM.

This is really good stuff.It's sure to get religious people thinking hard.

When I talked to Ron Paul in person and talked about my promotion of alternative currencies I was surprised when he brought up the Bible. Obviously Paul is a very religious guy and he deserves every single one of the hardcore Christian votes.
    GOING ON NOW IN THE LIBERTY MOVEMENT - WWW.FREETALKLIVE.COM

JOIN OUR LAST BEST HOPE FOR LIBERTY - WWW.FREESTATEPROJECT.ORG

Bump. Cite these verses to your evangelical friends. Make them understand Ron Paul is the only one on that stage who understands that the Bible prescribes sound money.

Ron called it "Biblical money". That is genius. Every time an evangelical tells you he is voting for Cain, tell them you can't vote for Cain because he doesn't believe in Biblical money....only Ron does. Hit Christians where it hurts.

Christians are VERY persuadable if they understand that the Bible teaches something that politicians are ignoring.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I'm Buddhist and I LOVE Ron Paul!
    Well I'm a Nudist and I LOVE Ron Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Bump. Cite these verses to your evangelical friends. Make them understand Ron Paul is the only one on that stage who understands that the Bible prescribes sound money.

Ron called it "Biblical money". That is genius. Every time an evangelical tells you he is voting for Cain, tell them you can't vote for Cain because he doesn't believe in Biblical money....only Ron does. Hit Christians where it hurts.

Christians are VERY persuadable if they understand that the Bible teaches something that politicians are ignoring.
    bump.

Thanks for your #9 post AB.

After listing those verses from God, I end my communication with a contrasting statement from man:

“As far as auditing the Fed, in the vernacular of my grandfather, I does not care.” - Herman Cain

Bunkloco
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE