58 44.27%
  • Veteran's Day Moneybomb

18 13.74%
  • Other

12 9.16%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11.11.11 Moneybomb name poll

Quote Originally Posted by realtonygoodwin View Post
    No one said anything about trying to attract neo-cons...we said attract GOP voters.
    You know what their idea of supporting the troops is? Sending cards and care packages. When you run a money bomb on this, they will point out that you could have used that money to do just that. You are trying to use a phrase that means multiple different things to different people. It obfuscates it. Would you like a list of ways a hostile media outlet can spin this?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alright, I've been persuaded to go with BTH. Unfortunately, I can't change my vote, so just switch one point from STT to BTH. I also don't believe we should incorporate both themes together, because it makes the name too long. I believe it should be one or the other. I'm going with BTH for the reasons I stated in my second post in this thread.

I am just going to point this out. Everyone is too divided and the people who ran BTO are missing in action. So the odds of this thing actually getting started soon is low. We have a lot less time than we had with BTO.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucent View Post
    I am just going to point this out. Everyone is too divided and the people who ran BTO are missing in action. So the odds of this thing actually getting started soon is low. We have a lot less time than we had with BTO.
    I think Dusman is taking a break. I haven't seen him post for a couple days, unless I missed it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    I think Dusman is taking a break. I haven't seen him post for a couple days, unless I missed it somehow.
    Well, he has all the web scripts for the website. There is also no one with the ability to replace him taking the lead.

"Just come home. We just marched in, we can just come home." - Ron Paul

This can be said again and again and has the same effect on me. So politely to the point and added with music and moneybombs and sign waving. It could make for a great day.

When I table my number 1 talking point is ending the wars. This is not a divisive issue, 70% of americans support this. FYI I am active duty. I support Bring Them Home.

I'm probably not the best judge, as I have trouble relating to the type of conservative whose vote we need to get the nomination. But, I never liked the "Support the troops" phrase, which goes back to the first Gulf War. It was clever marketing doublespeak then to counter anti-war sentiment, and in those soundbyte days, it was fairly effective.

I voted for Bring Them Home, but I also really like Bring Us Home, as it could be built around the very strong support shown to Ron Paul by members of the military.

Do whatever you guys want.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Bring Them Home Moneybomb...

longer we wait, less time to promote...

and PLEASE, whole weekend bomb!
    KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Bring Them Home Moneybomb...

longer we wait, less time to promote...

and PLEASE, whole weekend bomb!
    Still waiting for someone with the skills to create a website to step up and take the lead.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucent View Post
    Still waiting for someone with the skills to create a website to step up and take the lead.
    Has anyone tried contacting Dusman to see what's up? I remember him saying he had some ideas for this a week or two ago. And besides, he does have all the website code. I don't think it would be wise to start from scratch when we don't have to, unless of course he doesn't want to be involved with this one. I'd like to hear his opinion on it.

Alright, I just PM'ed him to ask whether he was sitting this one out or just taking a break after BTO. I linked him to this thread, so hopefully he responds when he gets the message. We could really use his help in getting organized.

America is not a world empire

Waiting on a response from the owner of the bth domain. Several emails back and forth so far, just waiting to see whether he accepts the offer

I'm definitely for this, we can also push donations like $11, $111, or $1111 to make it fun for people.

I do believe I'm planning to max out next donation so I might be doing the four digit donations

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    Waiting on a response from the owner of the bth domain. Several emails back and forth so far, just waiting to see whether he accepts the offer
    That's very good news. Hopefully we can secure it.

Hi guys. Sorry, I've been a bit sick since getting back. Standing in the rain all day Wednesday did a number on me!

The BTO system was built specifically to be transferable to the other moneybombs, so as long as there aren't any objections, everything from the BTO web site can be used for the next one. All that would need to happen is for it to be redesigned and cleaned up a bit. I may not be able to be quite as involved with 11/11/11 as there are some other initiatives that I've neglected since focusing on BTO. With that in mind, if there are any web developers who would like to assist in the workload, that would be of great help to me.

I'm a bit torn between these other initiatives and the 11/11/11 moneybomb. Being a veteran myself, I feel I could bring that perspective into the web site in a great way. However, there are some other things that really need to be done and it's too bad I can't double my efforts in a more reasonable fashion. So, with that said, I'd like everyone's opinion first. If you guys are pretty certain that I should be working on it, then I will on condition that I have another developer on hand that can manage the daily maintenance and changes that will be needed, so that I can also focus on these other initiatives.
    Last edited by dusman; 10-22-2011 at 04:12 AM.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by MrAustin View Post
    "Support Our Troops Money Bomb"

Hear me out:

1. This phrase resonates well with most Americans AND it evokes a strong emotional response.
    2. It evokes an even STRONGER emitonal response with Ron Paul's base (us) becuase we know that supporting troops is not the same thing as supporting unconstitutional wars.
    3. We stick it to the propaganda machine (who created that phrase) by stealing thier phrase and launching a nationwide campaign around it: A campaign to teach people how to REALLY support our troops. We re-define and re-brand thier phrase, just like they re-branded and re-defined our Tea Party.

Bottom line:

If we promote this just right, I bet people who are NOT Ron Paul supporters will STILL want to share the videos. Why fight against the (well intentioned) patriotism of the general public? Why not use it? Why not tap into it? We all feel patriotism, and so does everyone else. Let's focus on helping poeple understand what true patriotism is, rather than try to separate them from somthing that runs very deep with most people.

I love the other ideas, but they will not go viral. "Support our Troops" (right around veterans day!!!!!) COULD go viral. We just need to sprinkle a little education/information on top. Ride the wave!

Thoughts??

Excellent point on the videos, we have our resident video maker Christian, he made some wonderful BTO videos and so did other members like Birdlady, etc...

These videos will be CRUCIAL to get other people on our side to REALLY support the troops, money bomb + new voters (demo and rep) = a PRICELESS event.

WE MUST DO THIS!

START PROMOTING NOW!!!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People are immune to "Support the Troops". Any emotional response to that has played itself out by it's overuse this past decade. It won't grab their attention as they have heard it a million times already and will automatically associate it with it's past use. Bring them Home ftw. Logo's/ribbons and such should be mainly in a particular blue...blue is psychologically associated with peace (that's why the U.N uses it deceptively).

Here is a spin-off of the Yellow Ribbon suited for this moneybomb if the naming were "Bring Them Home".

http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/yellow_ribbon.pdf
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by Zarn Solen View Post
    I would rather it be "Support the Troops... Bring Them Home!"
    This
    mises.org <- Learn to be as good in Economics as Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post
    Here is a spin-off of the Yellow Ribbon suited for this moneybomb if the naming were "Bring Them Home".

Most people will see the yellow ribbon but won't read it. They will assume "Support our Troops" and since it has been so overused it will provoke no emotional response. The yellow ribbon has already been branded and this is no time to attempt to "co-opt" it. THAT takes more time than we have for the 11/11 moneybomb. Besides yellow is psychologically associated with cowardice. Light blue's are psychologically associated with "peace". Want a ribbon then I suggest a light blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post

My suggestion is web 2.0 it. Bevel it, glassify it, or give it a fading digital effect. Don't put that text on it with that font. Either put the domain in its place, or don't put any text in the ribbon itself and put it on the outside. Use a web 2.0 font.

The reason I suggest this is that we need a unique logo, that text isn't easy to read, and it is an online campaign so we must keep it modern.

I say Bring Us Home Moneybomb. Because we are all Americans. JMO.

"Support the Troops... Bring Them Home!"

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Besides yellow is psychologically associated with cowardice. Light blue's are psychologically associated with "peace". Want a ribbon then I suggest a light blue one.
    So the Don't Tread On Me flag represents cowardice? Your idea of what colors represent is way too narrow.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/color/...lorculture.htm

I think this poll was a great idea because we needed to narrow down a name, but I was hoping that we could limit most dscussion of this moneybomb (eg logistics, etc.) To the thread I made two days ago to help consolidate all of the ideas and such into one common location rather than several threads throughout the site.

Also, I am no developer but like I said I have no problem helping out with certain logistical things like keeping track of wh is doing what. I mean I did help think of the name, I feel obliged to help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast