Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Restore America Plan Just Released!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like it, I like it alot!

Other details: "abolishing the Transportation Security Administration and returning responsibility for security to private property owners, abolishing corporate subsidies."

"Repeals ObamaCare, Dodd-Frank, and Sarbanes-Oxley."

Nice chart at the end shows that RP isn't ending defense (as neocons will say), but just to 2006 war spending levels, which is ABOVE the average of total defense spending for the Bush administration! Also, as he has mentioned before, eliminate public debt held by the Fed.

Last edited by iamse7en; 10-17-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Sounds like a great plan. However, Ron could be accused of flip-flopping, since he stated publicly that he would veto any "spending bills that contribute to an unbalanced budget." He would presumably do this in both years one and two.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...president.html

I suppose he could make the argument that the first two are "contributing" to a relatively quick balanced budget solution.

One other comment...I would like to know how Dr. Paul plans to eliminate these departments? Does he expect the Congress to legislate them out of existence (laughable)? Or does he plan to use executive power to redirect their missions and funding? Or use executive orders (which he said he would not use to legislate, I believe)?

What is "Block grants Medicare?"

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    It means that each state will receive a lump sum of money, and they will distribute it accordingly to their citizens. This was something proposed by Gary Johnson on his campaign stump.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    These are grants to the 50 states so they can continue medicare, instead of having it federally administrated.

Quote Originally Posted by PauliticsPolitics View Post
    These are grants to the 50 states so they can continue medicare, instead of having it federally administrated.
    Awesome concept.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Note to Herman Cain: This is how a knowledgeable grownup tackles our problems.

This plan will really separate Ron Paul as utterly unique, with a bold vision for change (which people are getting panicky for in this economy..), and easily the most conservative. We must be prepared, however, for the msm to mock, laugh, and dismiss.

Media spin already in full effect. Wolf Blitzer just mentioned it, and pretty much all he said was that "Ron Paul proposes to cut a quarter of a million jobs".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It's on Drudge, low on left. But with a picture!

And Cain is of crs on top.
    mises.org <- Learn to be as good in Economics as Ron Paul

No mention of dividend and capital gains taxes, yet I remember preliminary reports reporting those would be 0%?

Just curious, if the Davis Bacon Act is repealed, how will wages be negotiated for government funded or subsidized projects? I know the answer is that the Federal government shouldn't be funding and subsidizing projects, by why alienate nearly 15 million working men and women who are more exposed to politics than most other non-union folks?

Seems a little absurd to me that this budget targets the unions pretty hard.

Does Ron Paul have something against people organizing for better wages?

Quote Originally Posted by iamse7en View Post
    Also, as he has mentioned before, eliminate public debt held by the Fed.
    Yes but they dropped the ball because public debt is still 9826 billion in 2013 while it should be 7126 billion due to the fed elimination.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Please tell me that the plan addresses the income tax!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Please tell me that the plan addresses the income tax!
    I'm waiting until the press conference before I start asking these questions.

I just read the plan.

No where in the plan does it call for the income tax to be abolished, phased out, or even reduced by 1%.

This is a nightmare!

Please tell me this is not happening!

I just read the plan.

No where in the plan does it call for the income tax to be abolished, phased out, or even reduced by 1%.

This is a nightmare!

ban this spammer already. he is saying the same crap in every thread about the new plan.

I just read the plan.

This is a nightmare!

It's happening. And it's perfectly OK too. This is a very sensible and realistic plan for getting the United States back on track financially. I'm sure that if Ron is lucky enough to get 2 terms in office than the income tax will be addressed.

well there goes everyone i've converted over the income tax.

this feels like the controlled version of rp.

I just read the plan.

This is a nightmare!

This is not an end state, it is a viable economic plan to balance the budget in the first term. You cannot phase out the income tax without even larger spending cuts, it's phases. I expect this to be 1 of the main questions though and I expect he will have an answer.
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Lol

>Naive people that think you can stroll into the Oval Office and lay the banhammer down on the IRS just like that

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"On day one of my presidency, I will shut down the government entirely!"

Goodness people. The statists took 100 years to get us into this mess, do you think we're going to get out in 1?

No he doesn't address the income tax in a whole term. If he isn't a 2-termer then we get nothing done with the income tax.

Angry.

Opting out of Social Security would immediately reduce my income tax. Don't I understand that correctly? If I opt out, I don't need to pay into it. Cha-ching, my income immediately goes up. Not to mention I save my employer money because don't they contribute as well?

The funny part is, I am with the "oh no, income tax not removed" crowd philosophically. Most of America will read this and think how far it goes when I read it and see how much more is left to do. That just goes to show you how easy it truly is to CUT ONE TRILLION DOLLARS!

Forest and trees folks, let's not lose focus.
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Another bright side to this budget plan is it should tone down the idea that Ron Paul is "too radical" to win the presidency. I like this approach, much more moderate than he could have gone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast