Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul needs a brand named policy agenda like the 999 plan

Ron Paul needs a brand named policy agenda like the 999 plan

Something simple regarding economic policy and taxes that sounds reasonable that explains the way he will phase from a welfare/warfare state to a free society so people can see it won't be completely terrifying. Right now anyone can make up any imaginary cut whether or not he would do it or have the power to do it, and they can just force him to take ownership of it.

With a branded plan, he can constantly refer to the brand and say those cuts are my focus. Obviously we don't want a planned economy, but just a plan for what order in which we will be making policy adjustments with a catchy title.
    Last edited by BarryDonegan; 10-14-2011 at 09:17 PM.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Paul Plan! We've already seen it referenced in one of the new ads.
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

The Cut a Trillion Plan.
    The Balanced Budget Plan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
    The Paul Plan! We've already seen it referenced in one of the new ads.
    But I mean like a specific jobs and economy only policy agenda with a special branded name. The Paul Plan was used to describe his defense plan too. It needs to be something uniquely catchy. It's really all about the presentation. It would make it easier to pass the agenda too.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

The American Restoration Plan

Someone else mentioned the Trillion to the Taxpayer plan, which I like...

Hopefully the campaign came up with a good title.

Steak not sizzle. It's the Paul Way.

But I do like "the plan from the man who warned you in 2001 while the rest of these jokers only saw the collapse in hindsight so who are you going to trust to fix the problem?" plan.

Maybe a touch wordy.
    Last edited by Original_Intent; 10-14-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

the Say Yes to No-No-No plan

I don't want Ron up there gibbering like an idiot, but maybe that's just me.

Honestly, Cain sounds like a moron when he gets into that 999 nonsense.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    Steak not sizzle. It's the Paul Way.

But I do like "the plan from the man who warned you in 2001 while the rest of these jokers only saw the collapse in hindsight so who are you going to trust to fix the problem?" plan.

Maybe a touch wordy.

LOL! That's FUNNY!

A brand name would be nice; a lot of people have grabbed onto Cain's simple name apparently because it is something they can grasp without having to think too hard, so the easier Dr. Paul can make it for the public, the better.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Agreed, I hope he gets up there and reads a speech detailing the plan; then lets people ask questions or just tell the audience for more information visit ronpaul2012.com.
    Last edited by lx43; 10-14-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Verrater View Post

He already has a branded name with Restore America.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Constitutionally Correct Economic Plan?
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

To you and me, but your average person on the street eats it up like a deep dish pizza, yummy. "Yeah, yeah that sounds good."
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Haha

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How about the 1999 plan?

Cut spending to the level it was in 1999, and match that decrease in spending with a massive income tax cut.

no
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Restore Our Nation

No, we don't need a simplified name for Paul's stances, we already have one: Liberty.

What we need is for the American Voter to think.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

He already does, it's called 'End The Fed'.

Quote Originally Posted by tnforpaul45 View Post
    no, we don't need a simplified name for paul's stances, we already have one: liberty.

what we need is for the american voter to think.
    qft

Perhaps something reflecting his not taking the 400K POTUS salary and instead taking ~39K POTUS salary.

Um...Their were two president thus far that have NOT taken a salary. First George Washington. The second was John F. Kennedy.

Washington refused to accept any pay for his services. He kept a minute expense account which was submitted to and paid by the government.
    http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/project/faq/govern.html

Presidential Salary: $100,000/year + $50,000 expense account (refused by Kennedy)
    http://www.ipl.org/div/potus/jfkennedy.html

Come on clever people - something succint and powerful.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yep! Reminds me of all of those Obama "Yes We Can" and "Hope and Change" BS slogans. And the movie Idiocracy. However, it works, sadly enough.

The "I told you so" plan? I kid...

Quote Originally Posted by kazmlsj View Post
    Perhaps something reflecting his not taking the 400K POTUS salary and instead taking ~39K POTUS salary.
    That is it, right there.

The "Follow the Constitution Plan" plan?

How about "The Real Deal"?
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

He already has a brand name, and the full plan will be unveiled on Monday 10/17 in Las Vegas. From a campaign email:

My staff and I have put together a bold proposal to remove the burden of out-of-control government from off the taxpayers’ backs and restore our nation’s prosperity...

On Monday, October 17, I’ll be in Las Vegas, Nevada, for a major press conference to introduce my Restore America budget plan.

This budget will slash federal spending, cut taxes and regulation, and help reestablish limited government, free markets, and sound money in America.

In short, this budget will put our country back on track.

The press conference starts at 3pm and will be held in the Venetian Resort’s Casanova Room.

While this event is free and open to the public, I fully expect it to be packed.
    [emphasis added]
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

Restore America Now!

Am I the only one that watches his ads?
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast