Thread: "Arrow boys" in Uganda fend off machine gun toting LRA rebel thugs.

"Arrow boys" in Uganda fend off machine gun toting LRA rebel thugs.

http://unmis.unmissions.org/Default....48&ItemID=4895

While hundreds of Southern Sudanese have been forced into the ranks of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) against their will, others are joining self-defense units in Western Equatoria State to repulse attacks launched by the infamous rebel group against their towns and villages.

The units have sprung up in response to a decree issued by Western Equatoria Governor Jemma Nunu Kumba earlier this year, urging civilians to confront LRA insurgents who have targeted rural communities in retaliation for a joint military offensive against the rebels that began on 14 December 2008.

Popularly known as “arrow boys,” these young men get their nickname from the bows, arrows and other traditional weapons they use to fend off LRA marauders.

Their arsenal includes clubs treated with thick, black powder that is supposedly poisonous. The use of such weapons dates back several generations, according to Maridi County Commissioner Mathias Boyi Onzi.

“We thought we could use our boys instead of the army to stop the killing of our innocent people,” explained Onzi. “The arrow boys are very effective because they can move at night and go to locations where the soldiers can’t go.

The commissioner said that arrow boys have been deployed at 18 different locations inside Maridi County in groups of up to 35, adding that they do not fall under the command of the Sudan People’s Liberation Army.

It’s not just youngsters who are heeding the state governor’s call to arms. Mboroko village elder Jima Gbandi has ordered his neighbors to rise up against the ruthless foot soldiers of LRA leader Joseph Kony.

“Our people were attacked and killed like dogs, and a baby was taken and thrown into a fire,” said Gbandi. “That is why I have organized our youths and armed them with machetes, axes and knives to face the LRA.”

Among their successes, arrow boys fought off rebels on 12 March in Andari, killing three and scattering the rest, noted Charles Kifanda, worldwide Chairperson of the Zande community. And state driver James Ezadin attested that the vigilantes clashed with the LRA on 28 March in Sangua village, Nzara county, killing four of them.

But although the self-defense units have driven off small groups of rebels in some instances, the menace posed by the insurgents continues to disrupt life in Southern Sudanese state.

Hundreds of Ibba County residents uprooted by LRA attacks now live in the bush under mango trees with little or no access to clean water and toilet facilities.

“Food is a problem,” says John Venasio Gala, the Southern Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission deputy secretary for Ibba County. “There is too much suffering in Ibba due to displacement by the LRA.”

Over 1,300 internally displaced Sudanese have poured into the town of Ibba since last February, nearly two-thirds of them coming from the nearby payam (township) of Nambia, which is located five kilometers away from the county seat.

One of the homeless is Zanjia John, a Nambia resident who witnessed the abduction of seven children from neighboring houses during an LRA raid on his village earlier this year.

“Our house was burned down,and we survive on cassava leaves,” said Zanjia. While he wants more protection from security forces to ward off future rebel forays, Zanjia is prepared to fight the LRA with the traditional weaponry already in his possession.

“I have bows and arrows to protect myself and my family from the tong tong,” he said.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very interesting read.. Thanks.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Support your local militia.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That ^
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Are they not allowed to have guns? Fighting modern weapons with bows and arrows sounds like a great way to get yourself killed.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    Are they not allowed to have guns? Fighting modern weapons with bows and arrows sounds like a great way to get yourself killed.

Zulu
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Isandlwana

I have got to get myself a crossbow.
    I don't think there is any way to misconstrue it as a firearm.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-14-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Zulu

Yeah , good idea , you should be ok with that , I think ...

musicmax

Well you see, it's all very confusing.

Americans are for the guys with bows and arrows (Sudan) except when we're not (Palestinians).

We're for rebels (Egypt, Libya) except when we're not (Sudan, Yemen).

We're Iraq's ally (Iraqi invasion of Iran) except when we're not (Iraqi invasion of Kuwait).

We're for big Wall Street bankers (bailout) except when we're... oh silly me, we're ALWAYS for big Wall Street bankers...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    Well you see, it's all very confusing.

Americans are for the guys with bows and arrows (Sudan) except when we're not (Palestinians).

We're for rebels (Egypt, Libya) except when we're not (Sudan, Yemen).

We're Iraq's ally (Iraqi invasion of Iran) except when we're not (Iraqi invasion of Kuwait).
    We're for big Wall Street bankers (bailout) except when we're... oh silly me, we're ALWAYS for big Wall Street bankers...
    That makes my head hurt , now people are being murdered in Egypt with ammo bought with my tax dollars ....

Except most of the LRA soldiers are children with almost no training who are forced to fight but don't really want to. All they have going for them are their guns. And yes, the Ugandan government does not allow these villagers to have guns. At one point the LRA was a faction in the Ugandan civil war fighting on the side of the north. Now the Ugandan government is allowing the LRA to prey on the same people it once supposedly fought to defend. It's really sad.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

A pride that must rival that of "El Duce's", after the Italian invasion of Ethiopia.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Except most of the LRA soldiers are children with almost no training who are forced to fight but don't really want to. All they have going for them are their guns. And yes, the Ugandan government does not allow these villagers to have guns. At one point the LRA was a faction in the Ugandan civil war fighting on the side of the north. Now the Ugandan government is allowing the LRA to prey on the same people it once supposedly fought to defend. It's really sad.
    Yeah , so now we are going to cut off the supplie lines , get them stationary , surround them with a superior force , and will have to kill all these armed , dangerous , kidnapped kids to get the adult murderers . I see nothing positive in this crap .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yeah , so now we are going to cut off the supplie lines , get them stationary , surround them with a superior force , and will have to kill all these armed , dangerous , kidnapped kids to get the adult murderers . I see nothing positive in this crap .
    Yeah. It's really sad. Reminds me of this scene from the animated version of the Lord of the Rings.

Zulu

Sounds like the Dukes of Hazard to me.

"Primitive" weapons can win: (but eventually you want to at least capture some better weapons)
    The Coconut Revolution

Indeed. It is important to view the enemy as a mobile re-supply pod.

Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yeah. It's really sad. Reminds me of this scene from the animated version of the Lord of the Rings.

Sad is right ...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.