Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Please - Ron Paul Soundbytes and One-Liners

Suggestions Please - Ron Paul Soundbytes and One-Liners

I believe that RP needs to start speaking in soundbytes, that don't change his message, but allow it to be more easily understood by the masses...and more directly understood to the Republican base now.

I don't have many, but in chat...we have discussed this, so if you have any one-liners(or two), and the topic they go with...please add them to this thread, and I will forward them to a campaign contact.

On Israel:
    If Dr. Paul is asked about his support of Israel, he can say:
    "I believe sovereignty is the greatest gift we can give Israel, and I will immediately stop giving aid to her enemies." credit goes to Kaulana as original quote was, "Sovereignty is the greatest gift we can give Israel."
    Last edited by coffeewithchess; 10-14-2011 at 09:37 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Re: 999 national sales tax: "We are Taxed Enough Already!"

"I don't make political jokes. The other candidates are though."

"The mainstream media wants to treat me like I am nobody. That is fine. Nobody is perfect I remind them."

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

If I did something about things and it was wrong, would still be more than what the present administration is doing.
    Last edited by Johnny Appleseed; 10-15-2011 at 03:45 PM.

"You can judge candidates based on the rhetoric they run on, such as 999 and 'Yes we can'; or you can judge candidates based on their records they run on."

'Man is an end in himself'.I know it's Randian but to my mind it gets to the heart of the matter.It's powerful and it states the kind of self reliance we're talking about,IMO.Does it frighten the evangelicals?It shouldn't,because 'we all have to carry our own burden' as far as judgement goes in the christian sense.

On the media blackout:
    There are several reasons why you guys give Mitt/Rick more time for cat fights than you do the rest of us to discuss real issues.

On the charge of weakening our military:
    I have more military personnel donating to my campaign than the rest of my opponents combined. I guess that means I am weak on defense.

On electability:
    In poll after poll, I consistently do better than anyone on this stage in a head to head match up with the president.
    I have by a wide margin the best ratio of media time to poll numbers of any candidate here.
    I have the most small donors.
    Mitt beats me in one area: the biggest money from banks and businesses taking American jobs overseas.
    Obama is scared, as is everyone on this stage and most everyone in the MSM, about how well I do among independent voters and disenchanted Democrats.

On complimenting opponents:
    What can I say good about my opponents?..well those two do have nice hair. As for the others, they do help me get ignored.

On fulfilling the GOP creed:
    Seriously, who do you truly trust on the issues of less government and lower taxes?

On ability to govern:
    Who else among these (besides Mitt on health care) truly knows how to work positively with independents and Democrats to craft something other than lowest common denominator policy?
    I will continue to work with anybody regardless of party who wants more, not less liberty for all Americans.

On security, debt and jobs:
    Let's end these endless wars that make us fewer friends, let Germany and Japan take care of their on defense, and bring our troops home to protect our borders and build an economy that works and puts all Americans who want to work back to work.
    I want to cut spending by 4 trillion dollars and taxes by a trillion dollars over the next 4 years. I have a plan to do that, a plan that will get 60 votes in the Senate.

On ability to govern and make real change:
    If we don't build constructive coalitions, we will continue the bipartisan corporatist catastrophe.

On values:
    As a Christian I am concerned that our witness concerning the sanctity of all human life is dismissed when we refuse to obey the ancient Judeo-Christian wisdom of the just war tradition. As an American, I am concerned that our bipartisan obsession with violence is bankrupting us into greater violence still.

On the Fed.:
    I'm glad my opponents are coming around to what I have been advocating for 40 years. Let's do audit the fed and I'll make sure its a real audit with teeth.
    Mitt Romney made x amount of money on currency trading the past y number of years. Most people don't have enough money to make that kind of money. At the least we can allow for currency competition within the ordinary consumer market place. That will make the dollar stronger and maybe Mitt won't have to send so many of his overseas.

On popularity of Cain:
    I understand why people like Herman Cain; he has a much better sense of humor than brother Rick.

On values and how to bring Democrats on board:
    Hating the president will get us nowhere in this election. I don't hate President Obama any more than his former supporters do. They don't hate him; they hate his actions, which have gained them, as well as us, more war and less jobs.
    Here's how we reach those disenchanted Democrats who want to occupy Wall Street: Tell them, if you want to build a peaceful green economy, then let's end the endless wars, stop fighting for people who don't want us to do what they can do for themselves, let Germany, Korea, Japan and the rest of those we spend trillions on for empire building and maintenance, pay for their own defense. We will pay for our own defense, bring the troops home and shift those resources to people like you who will build the peaceful green economy you thought Obama would build for all of us.

On who he is and what he's all about:
    My name is Ron Paul, and I believe peace and liberty are the best policies to build security and prosperity for all Americans.

For more see: http://progressivesforronpaul.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by progressiveforpaul; 10-21-2011 at 08:27 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Christians all say Ron Paul doesn't stand with Israel. They are looking for the words: "I STAND WITH ISRAEL" -- then say what he's going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    "I don't make political jokes. The other candidates are though."

"The mainstream media wants to treat me like I am nobody. That is fine. Nobody is perfect I remind them."

Rev9
    That made me laugh.

When talking about economic issues:

"As the only candidate who predicted our current economic crisis, I can assure you that (...)".

Examples: "As the only candidate who predicted our current economic crisis, I can assure you that, unless we are really serious about our debt, our situation will not get better. That's why I propose a trillion dollars cut on my first year as your president".

"As the only candidate who predicted our current economic crisis, I can assure you that our biggest economic problem is our monetary policy. It's the monetary policy that generates the spending, because government can always pay its bills by printing money. That's why I propose a real monetary reform".

"As the only candidate who predicted our current economic crisis, I can assure you that the root of our economic problem is the monetary system, which is backed by nothing, but confidence in politicians. And, you know, I don't trust politicians that much..."

First things First. 1 comes before 9. Awareness comes before Change. In the end if you don't include the people in the process, you have a bunch of 9s and no change, which equals 0 So, I suggest number 1, listen to the people.

Newt...I am looking for a vice president, I will consider you, but honestly why didn't you think of auditing the Fed?

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/g...mo_code=D7F8-1

Suggest we start posting on the "unidentified" other...Could that be Ron Paul. CBS sounds like the Bagdad Reporter..Networks have turned into Information Ministers

......Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, holding his regular daily news conference in a city hotel, denied any U.S. troops were in Baghdad and said Republican Guards had driven the Americans from the international airport.

We love the Information Minister....So we Decided to go with that Format, says CBS

I tripple guarantee you Ron Paul is not even in this race...Fox Reports

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On Foreign Policy: "Let's try diplomacy for a while"

Rev9
    This is a good one - or some variation ....
    ...to those in the media who think I'm a nobody, I'd like to remind them that nobody is perfect.

I like "We can no longer continue the current foreign policy of bribe and bomb."

Should call his fans freedom fanatics and liberty lovers - everyone loves alliteration.

I agree, simple slogans, soundbites, etc. work -- just like Bachmann said in the debate last night.
    This may sound cruel, but I have decided voters are very stupid and it's complicated to educate them.
    Grab them with soundbites -- educate them later.

Quote Originally Posted by vechorik View Post
    I agree, simple slogans, soundbites, etc. work -- just like Bachmann said in the debate last night.
    This may sound cruel, but I have decided voters are very stupid and it's complicated to educate them.
    Grab them with soundbites -- educate them later.
    The Big Dog commercial is The super-thesis of soundbyting. It makes some people want to bust through brick walls and slay dragons to vote for Ron.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

The Big Dog commercial is The super-thesis of soundbyting. It makes some people want to bust through brick walls and slay dragons to vote for Ron.

Rev9
    I don't think so, but it's definitely a well produced commercial. Soundbytes are things that Obama used like, "Hope. Change. Yes We Can."
    Herman Cain's "999".

Ron Paul is not known for any good soundbytes, that he uses repeatedly.

RP could secure this nomination with a few simple phrases, because he has the actual record to back up what he says.

I think one soundbyte RP has been using since the 80s, is "policeman of the world.", but that doesn't really portray a positive sounding message, and I think that's where a speech coach/team could be helpful to the campaign.
    Saying the same things, but with different words to make the meanings more positive.

The campaign needs to stop attacking the other candidates, Simply say: "I'll let them run on their record, I'll run on mine"

Spend the Campaign money to get the message out.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think throwing in an occasional quote from the founders might be beneficial. Such as:

"Perhaps it is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is charged to provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad" - James Madison

"Every law is an infraction of liberty. A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right". -Thomas Paine

"They who can up give essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties" - Abraham Lincoln

"Perfect freedom is as necessary to the health and vigor of commerce as it is to the health and vigor of citizenship". - Patrick Henry

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in the insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding". - Louis D. Brandeis

This next one is a little long, but really good,

"Whatever is the cause of taxes to a nation becomes also the means of revenue to a government. Every war terminates with an addition of taxes, and consequently with an addition of revenue; and in any event of war, in the manner they are commenced and concluded, the power and interest of governments are increased. War, therefore, from its productiveness, as it easily furnishes the pretense of necessity for taxes and appointments to places and offices, becomes the principal part of the system of old governments to uphold the system of war, and betray the motives upon which they act." – Thomas Paine in “The Rights Of Man.”

Quote Originally Posted by gunnysmith View Post
    The campaign needs to stop attacking the other candidates, Simply say: "I'll let them run on their record, I'll run on mine"

Spend the Campaign money to get the message out.
    Kind of interesting, as I was just looking for a thread that talks about if RP's campaign will start running more positive, "This is Ron Paul" type ads now that Christmas is upon us. I think it's time for the people to get to know RP's record, and let that help secure his place in the polls...BEFORE the media attacks start ramping up when he gets in first.

Told you this would happen Dr. Paul better step up.

Newt Gingrich pens a letter to his supporters and staffers today, urging them to be positive as the campaign moves forward, even as he acknowledges the verbal sparring that occurred between him and Mitt Romney yesterday. From the letter:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...katrina-trinko

It is immoral to ask future generations to pay for the illegal foreign wars that killed their fathers and mothers.

If you're looking for soundbites, Harry Browne wrote a great book of soundbites because he wanted to have some memorable responses ready for whenever media asked him questions. http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Z-Libe.../dp/0975432605

I know Ron Paul knows about it; he wrote in the foreword "Harry Browne's book will prove very useful to those interested in advancing the freedom philosophy. Harry provides libertarians with direct, thought-provoking, and often humorous responses to the questions advocates of the freedom philosophy face."

Worth dusting off.
    "Remember when the US had a drug problem and then we declared a War on Drugs, and now you can't buy drugs anymore?"

"Government is an institution which prevents injustice other than such as it commits itself." -Ibn Khaldūn (1332-1406)

"Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt." -Herbert Hoover, 1936

"All other candidates but Ron Paul wear same face hidden behind a different mask." - JuicyG

"Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither" - Benjamin Franklin
    Ron Paul mentioned something along these lines in a past Fox debate but not the exact words. He emphasized this point in a few sentences, making reference to the founding fathers. Might be way more effective to use this quote and reference Benjamin Franklin due to time constraints and to show people you clearly have behind your domestic and foreign policy views one of the most respected founding fathers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast